Exanima Released

Kieran

Developer
Exanima is now available for download to all our backers. You can download it directly from us or you can redeem your Steam keys which should have been sent to you between yesterday and today. If for whatever reason you did not receive you keys by email you can access them from your account page on our website.

Here is a link to Exanima on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/362490

Before we say anything else, please when you play the game please do take the time to read the quick reference guide found in the control settings. This game is quite unique and you will need some basic information on how to play.

Hopefully by now you have some idea of what to expect from Exanima. It is set in Sui Generis's Underworld some 20 years before the main game takes place and emulates what a long delve into its depths will be like. It is not complete yet, many features of SG are not ready to be included but a lot of it is very close, you can expect frequent major updates to the game. It does already provide a complete and compelling experience and thanks to our amazing and attentive alpha and beta backers it is in a very functional and polished state.

Some major features and content updates are coming very soon. Following is a list of the more important things you can expect to see added to the game as development continues:

• Per session and global character skill progression

• Large non-linear main game following early content

• Build and permanently save characters by completing early content

• New encounters, items and environments

• Ranged combat and new close quarter manoeuvres

• Numerous moddable thaumaturgic powers

• More complete arena game modes featuring outdoor arenas

• Complex NPC interactions and dialogue

• Cooperative and competitive LAN multiplayer

The game also features an Arena mode where you can try your hand at combat against various and increasingly more skilled (in terms of AI) and better geared human opponents. The combat was incredibly well received by players so far and we know many have spent hundreds of hours in the arenas alone. It has a become a larger development focus than anticipated, a huge amount of work has gone into improving every aspect of it and developing AI that can challenge even a skilled player. At its core the combat system seems fairly simple but the controls and physics provide huge freedom and depth, it has often been described as being the closest a game has come to real combat. It can be incredibly rewarding and the skill cap is virtually infinite but it does take some learning to begin with.

Check out our new gameplay trailer below or just go dive right into the game!

Best,

Bare Mettle

ZaratanCho

Insider
Awesome trailer, you did a great job.

A very exciting time indeed.

Don't know what to say, i am sure you will get all the support you need. The game is truly amazing and it will only get much better.

Fawz

Insider
Really like the trailer. Good job putting the right amount of focus on the tense atmospheric exploration and leaving the combat for the end. Hopefully the early access launch is a success!

Minq

Insider
I'll say. Large non-linear game to come?! Sounds like ExAnima expanded in scope! cool. Also it seems that we will maybe be able to save the game in a more traditional sense after the intro section. Maybe. I like. Let's hope ExAnima sells a billion copies, because these guys deserve it ( Though I'd settle for 999,999,999 copies sold XD ).

Oona

Insider
Great!! It seems to be getting BIGGER!

But that makes me wonder about SG! What about SG!!!!!!

:eek:

Also, can I say that I LOVED the trailer, and I'd love to be able to download the music! Plllzzzz ^.^

Last edited:

Vold

Insider
Congratulations BM!
I can't wait to check out the game and the upcoming updates, this is going to be an epic experience!

Also, I really like the trailer, good job!
Can't wait to check out the game and the upcoming updates.
Can't wait to check out the game and the upcoming updates.

Will also be posting my steam review once I have played through the latest version of the game... I am about to prepare some ehem....herbs, and then I can immerse myself fully in the game tonight and write up an awesome review for it tomorrow. This game has done nothing but excite and impress me and I am hoping the team will get the support they need to deliver their dream, cuz lets face it many games we buy are a p.... Lol where the rest of my post?

Most games are a commodity created to make money on the dreams of us gamers at heart, but I see sui generis as a dream bare mettle wants to share with us.

Last edited:

Kudos

Insider
Congrats on the launch BM !

Downloading now and anticipating my first chance to get my hands around what has only been words before - highly descriptive words full of dreams & enthusiasm, and all in the right order - but mere intangible words nonetheless. Watching someone else play seems more detached than usual with this game, guess i'll find out the reality soon enough.

Anyone know if the contribution tiers are still being offered ?

I believe they are. And tip for your first time, you will die, alot at first and probably for as long as 2-4 days. Read the guide in the control settings page before starting any game. If you persist before you know it you will find yourself becoming more confident, moves that you had to think about come naturally and combat becomes much more tactical;how many enemies r there, what r they armed with, is the light and environment advantageous to me. All this and more is what makes up the combat

Tony

Insider
Congrats on the launch BM !

Downloading now and anticipating my first chance to get my hands around what has only been words before - highly descriptive words full of dreams & enthusiasm, and all in the right order - but mere intangible words nonetheless. Watching someone else play seems more detached than usual with this game, guess i'll find out the reality soon enough.

Anyone know if the contribution tiers are still being offered ?
The contribution tiers are now closed; these ended today with the official Steam launch.

The game requires patience to learn since it's really not like anything else. As Anthony suggested, I'd also recommend reading the quickstart guide located in the in-game controls menu which will save you quite a bit of frustration trying to figure things out on your own. If you need any help let me know and I'll be glad to assist in any way I can :).

Enjoy!

Perhaps the QuickStart guide should be the first thing you see.
Again, seeing a lot of confusion in how to open that damn first door.
Maybe force you to scroll to the bottom before you can continue.
I dunno, how else can I reach these keeeeeds!?

It is so strange when other people watch me play on Steam Streaming. I'm not used to it. I tried my best to do it justice though I'm not a very good player for sure lol.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.