Exanima version 0.8 lighting bug

Phanoik

Hi! I've just reinstalled Exanima after the last update and i'm noticing a very strange lighting bug.

The lighting seems to be restricted to a perfect circle where it is brightly lit while anything outside it is abuptly pitch black. Both fixed lighting sources and the players torch are affected by this.

The circle of light will also shrink and expand seemingly randomly as the player character moves about. This makes it so that the visibility goes from working as intended to barely being able to see in front of your character even whilst holding the torch. This is also true for fixed light sorces, where some emit lighting fine, some emit a fixed circle of various sizes, and some emit none at all even though they are supposed to.

I have tried reinstalling the game and varifying the game files, yet the problem persists, so I am wondering if anyone has been able to troubleshoot a similar problem here?

Morenthus

I just recently installed the game for the first time and I've been experiencing the exact same thing, along with certain objects glowing when they are close to the edge of the screen and the floor textures showing on the other side of walls. Neither game reinstallation, file verification, nor driver updates fixed the issues.

From what I can tell about the lighting bug, it seems that light sources break when too close to things like walls or objects, which means that standing in an empty room with a torch will cause normal behavior (i.e. the starting room), standing in an enclosed space will cause the torch to glitch, and all wall mounted lights seem to break entirely. Also, the sphere seems to shrink depending on how close the source is to a wall or object.

362490_20210220223425_1.png362490_20210220223435_1.png

Mr_Merks

Hello, so these lighting bugs being posted are being caused by your computers hardware, The current build of Exanima struggles with integrated graphics cards and produces what you're seeing with the screenshots.

The upcoming Beta Build does offer some better performance in regards to integrated hardware though.

Morenthus

Thanks man, I had a feeling it might have been related to that. I'm currently playing on an older computer while working on building a new one, so it's good to hear that it won't be a problem for long.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.