Facts for the Devs

Cooper Holt

Insider
Here we may post little facts that are relevant to the development of the game, so that the devs may incorporate these facts as features in to SG.

Apples float.
Because their mass is 25% air.

It's just little things like this that may help. In this case, they now know (if for some reason they didn't before) that apples float, and they may add this to the game. :p

Parco

Ostriches
in a study of 200 000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one have ever reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand.

Rats
rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.

Tongue
like fingerprints, everyones tongue print is different.

Mosquito
mosquito repellents dont repel them, they hide you from them. the spray blocks the mosquitos sensors so they dont know youre there.

Apples
apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.

Cows
it is possible to lead a cow upstairs, but not downstairs.
Ducks
a ducks quack doesnt echo, no one knows why.

and the most important fact:

Turtles
turtles can breathe through their butts.

BigT2themax

Insider
As fun as this is, maybe we should post sources for where we get these little facts?

I mean, we could just make anything up and people might go along with it. I find some of Parco's facts rather hard to believe. Where'd you learn that stuff?

Also, Parco, whilst those facts are pretty neat, only like, one or two could be could be used whilst making the game, as the rest are just random facts about things that wouldn't really have any impact on Sui Generis. I mean, how does the fact that a turtle can breathe through it's butt or that everyone has a unique tongue come into factor in the game? I mean, it's not like there's going to be a tongue-scanner anywhere in the game. Or any ostriches, for that matter. And the dev team will probably not let you choke a turtle by blocking it's butt with something. :rolleyes:

But yeah, I think having facts related to the physics or important biological aspects of things, as well as just knowledge of other physical things would be very useful. They could be used to make it so cows will start to fall over if they try and walk down a set of stairs (which makes sense, if you think about it), or so apples will remove a 'tired' debuff from a character. Little things like that would help make Sui more believable and immersive, even if these effects are subtle.

I can't think of any off the top of my head, though. Sorry.

Parco

this have only been found in some turtles, its quite simple actually. they draw water in their but and gas exchange takes place and oxygen is split from the water and absorbed it directly into the blood. how is this going to be used ingame? maybe when you talk to some fishermen and they give you some random facts about the sea creatures they captured.
the tongue-prints might be something this universe is using instead of fingerprints, dip your tongue in ink and lick a piece of paper, if your a captured outlaw/contract breaker they will cut of your tongue and you will never be able to form a contract again for the rest of your life :p

Sandalwood

Insider
I mean, we could just make anything up and people might go along with it. I find some of Parco's facts rather hard to believe. Where'd you learn that stuff?
actually i can vouch for the cow fact myself. on an exgirlfriends familys farm the pastures fence had a gap in it on one side, 3 steps having been the only "obstacle". even when agitated the cows never tried to escape through there.

I mean, how does the fact that a turtle can breathe through it's butt or that everyone has a unique tongue come into factor in the game?

they could give breath attacks of turtle-ish enemies a damage and confusion bonus ^^

Kale

Insider
I mean, how does the fact that a turtle can breathe through it's butt or that everyone has a unique tongue come into factor in the game?
Lore is important. And this would give justification to the ability of a turtle to be flying at you at 100 mph, as an attack.

*BOOM* Mind Blown!

Parco

idk, i like waffles better, i can basically sit and game while making waffles at the same time and anytimee i want :p

Parco

Another ostrich fact : they can run faster than horses and the male can roar like a lion

Dogs: they have on the average better eyesight than humans but lacks in colorvision

Tarantula: can survive up to 2 years without food

Scorpions: place alcohol on it, dont need much, and it will go crazy and sting itslelf to death

Woodpecker: can peck up to 20 times per secound

cows: poops around 16 times a day on the average

Chameleon: even if its blind it can still take on the color of the environment

Cooper Holt

Insider
Another ostrich fact : they can run faster than horses and the male can roar like a lion

Dogs: they have on the average better eyesight than humans but lacks in colorvision

Tarantula: can survive up to 2 years without food

Scorpions: place alcohol on it, dont need much, and it will go crazy and sting itslelf to death

Woodpecker: can peck up to 20 times per secound

cows: poops around 16 times a day on the average

Chameleon: even if its blind it can still take on the color of the environment
Cool, but that's enough about the ostriches. :p

Parco

yea, dont think i have much more on them :p just two more things, dont point your finger at them, they are quick (very quick) at biting, and the ostrich egg is considered to be the largest single cell on earth

Parco

my 2 year old schoolbook is wrong:eek: well, not rly. its true they change color based on their mood, but also temperature, health, communication, and light. objects reflect the light it doesnt absorb and it is that light we are seeing as the objects color. so they can change color based on the environment.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.