Functional Cloaks

Yeah I don't know how much I need the cloaks to serve a combat function, or to be incorporate into some sort of counter-rapier fighting stance. If cloaks get in the way of weapons then I would expect the physics to play out appropriatly, but that's all i need from them.
It's not for combat....

NachoDawg

It's not for combat....
Gee, orlack, read the thread :rolleyes: /jk

No, I actually just forgot to quote the post i had in mind

Side note but do to with the same original post... it would be interesting (if difficult) to see cloaks implemented as a defensive aid. I know particularly in rapier fighting the cloak was pretty effective (distraction and defence)

Imagine rapier and cloak fighting with the physics simulation in this game!

The Witcher

Supporter
Wrapping your weapon with a cloak so it doesnt get muddy or something i would like to see a weapon mendiance system so weapons start to get rusty and disindegrate

Don Kanaille

Insider
Like wet clothes encumbering you extra much, maybe?
That is just one aspect, and a pretty specific one. I´d be fine with a more general interpretation, in that you will suffer if you dont bring the right clothes for the right occasions. Warm and cozy for cold regions, light and breathing for hot regions, water resistant for rainy weather and so on. The classic RPGs I play, for example, use a system for cold weather where cold DMG is rolled against your character dependant on how cold it is every day/hour/minute, reduced by your "cold armor" (simply put, every warm piece of clothing adds some cold armor). Thus, the better you prepare for cold weather, the longer you can last in it.

But it doesn´t have to be as complicated as that for Sui Generis, especially that bad weather should not simply boil down to a damge over time debuff. Personally, I would already be satisfied if the game simply acknowledged the bad conditions, for example, seeing your character occasinally shiver or blow into his hands in the cold, or wipe sweat of his forehead in the heat - especially if your clothing is inappropriate. It doesnt even have to affect gameplay at all, but just a few little details here and there can go a long way of furthering immersion.

Also, I´m not entirely sure which scale the world of Sui Generis is going to have. I kinda assume it will not span several climatic zones and stick to a rather temperate zone where such extreme conditions are pretty rare, and thus an overly complicated weather-affecting-character system would be a mostly wasted investment of work.

That is just one aspect, and a pretty specific one. I´d be fine with a more general interpretation, in that you will suffer if you dont bring the right clothes for the right occasions. Warm and cozy for cold regions, light and breathing for hot regions, water resistant for rainy weather and so on. The classic RPGs I play, for example, use a system for cold weather where cold DMG is rolled against your character dependant on how cold it is every day/hour/minute, reduced by your "cold armor" (simply put, every warm piece of clothing adds some cold armor). Thus, the better you prepare for cold weather, the longer you can last in it.

But it doesn´t have to be as complicated as that for Sui Generis, especially that bad weather should not simply boil down to a damge over time debuff. Personally, I would already be satisfied if the game simply acknowledged the bad conditions, for example, seeing your character occasinally shiver or blow into his hands in the cold, or wipe sweat of his forehead in the heat - especially if your clothing is inappropriate. It doesnt even have to affect gameplay at all, but just a few little details here and there can go a long way of furthering immersion.

Also, I´m not entirely sure which scale the world of Sui Generis is going to have. I kinda assume it will not span several climatic zones and stick to a rather temperate zone where such extreme conditions are pretty rare, and thus an overly complicated weather-affecting-character system would be a mostly wasted investment of work.
I'd say something like Eastern Europe to the Golden Steppe type range. That encompasses alot. The world may not be that huge, but it's a good area to use. You got mountains, plains, desert and forests.

NachoDawg

The underworld can be filled with magical peril.. Maybe a frosty cave, or lava lakes deep under ground?

I could also imagine your stamina being drained based on your environmental protection. Too cold or too warm and you'll eventually simply pass out and of course die if no one finds you..

I think the cool thing about the current health system as-is, is that it also can represent how physically well you are. Lots of red-damage and there's very little trauma neccesary before you collapse

The underworld can be filled with magical peril.. Maybe a frosty cave, or lava lakes deep under ground?

I could also imagine your stamina being drained based on your environmental protection. Too cold or too warm and you'll eventually simply pass out and of course die if no one finds you..

I think the cool thing about the current health system as-is, is that it also can represent how physically well you are. Lots of red-damage and there's very little trauma neccesary before you collapse
That does make sense... Like the Source engine and dying for environmental reasons(drowning), but now you can actually tell how unsafe the area is.

Qazlal

That's like saying magic is in-game. It's not. There has been a presentation build of the game with cloaks in it, but the game doesn't have it
I meant that the game already has cloaks (its mechanics and physics), but not in public builds.
As i understand Exanima doesn't show the current state of all that made.

NachoDawg

I meant that the game already has cloaks (its mechanics and physics), but not in public builds.
It's also worth pointing out that magic (thaums) have been confirmed, while we have very few dev quotes regarding clothing at all

Fawz

Insider
The screenshot you're referring to is from their old Kickstarter pitch video when they were using placeholder character models, which have since been pretty much completely scrapped. As such the assets from back then can't be used with the new system.

Although it's true that Exanima does not contain all of the assets and features the Devs have made, we don't know if there are cloaks in any form that can be used with the character models.

The screenshot you're referring to is from their old Kickstarter pitch video when they were using placeholder character models, which have since been pretty much completely scrapped. As such the assets from back then can't be used with the new system.

Although it's true that Exanima does not contain all of the assets and features the Devs have made, we don't know if there are cloaks in any form that can be used with the character models.
If we have hair physics, It's safe to assume that we can have cloth physics.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.