How to dual wield

Valda

Are there some requirements? What weapons can I use? I fought in the arena vs. a dual wielding opponent and tried to use her weapons, but I couldn't make it work. I only managed it in the practice arena, so I thought it was maybe connected to some skills. If that's the case, which ones? Thanks.

Tony

Insider
You have to have the 'dual wield' technique trained for it which is under the 'close combat' skill section. It requires two of the other close combat techniques to be trained first as prerequisites (I forget which two :p). With dual wield trained you can use any combination of one-handed weapons in either hand.

Valda

There are just 4 of the old skills available for me, the rest is greyed out. Am I doing something wrong?

Valda

I started a new character.

EDIT: I also tried in the story mode, it was all greyed out too.

Tony

Insider
I started a new character.

EDIT: I also tried in the story mode, it was all greyed out too.
Like I mentioned above, there are two other techniques in the close combat skill section you must train before you can train dual wield technique. I don't remember precisely which two techniques these were.

Valda

By the way, I absolutely love the new animations for pretty much everything. Great job.

Syllabear3

Why thrust or over head is not using both swords?
I am the panic of shield users now ;O

This is so funny and beautiful, it can be done even more graceful.

Yeah, you need to train Remise and Riposte before you can train Dual Wield. We need some way to highlight prerequisite skill techniques.
Maybe when mouse over the Dual Wield skill have a small pop up saying requires Remise and Riposte with little tick boxes next to them that tick once the skill is acquired?
If that makes any sense :)

Yeah, you need to train Remise and Riposte before you can train Dual Wield. We need some way to highlight prerequisite skill techniques.
Ah, excuse me for necro-posting (well, some kind of), but you had a smart animations of "pre"-dual-wield on kickstarter's videos, where weapon in backhand simply followed after weapon in main hand.
Why not to use it in basic non-skilled dual-wield to give players an opportunity of arming both hands?
Just sorry to see this nice animation died. :(

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.