Ideas And Questions

Hi people!
I want to start by saying, please excuse my bad English. It is not my first language, and it is not perfect.

I'm so happy to finally get the chance to purchase the game, and be part of the forums. This community looks amazing. A lot of respect, and sharing.

After a couple of hours of play, i realized the potential of the combat system... it reminds me of Die By The Sword, on steroids ( And since the devs planned gore and dismemberment, it's even closer ) But now, a lot of stuff is going on in my little physics based fanatic head.

I have a couple of questions and ideas for the game. I will throw them here randomly. I did not take the time to read every post on the forum, so some of these might already be answered, so sorry if i'm asking stuff that has been asked before.

First: Throwables and Weapon getting ''Stuck''
Since it has been announced that weapons will stick on bodies, shields and decor with a good blow ( Kind of like in Overgrowth where thrown swords stick on walls and ground depending on the angle of the weapon ) Do you guys know if there will be throwing weapons/ ability to throw our weapon? It would be awesome to dual wield axes, and have the ability to throw one if we have an opening. Or have a couple of knifes for easy low damage on range. I always liked when thrown weapons or arrows stuck to the environment/actors, and Sui Generis/Exanima is a game that absolutely must have this feature.

Second: Hand To Hand Combat and Grapples
Again, another feature that would be amasing with a physics based combat games, grapples. It would be cool to be able to grab shields, enemies or some weapons to distract or disable an enemy. He, could also use a kick, push or shove to stop our grab. Fist fights could also be a cool thing, let's say, in a bar brawl, town fight or whatever scenario. The physics impact would add to the feel and could make those fights interesting to play. Something that could be nice, is the ability to grab some debris or prop on the floor, and use it as a weapon or to throw at enemies. Like a chair, brick, wooden beam etc.

Third:Controller Support
Is there any plan for controller input in the future? Something like analog weapon control could add to the experience. Left analog for movement, right analog for weapon control, something like that. Triggers and buttons could act as ''special hits'' Like vertical attack, stab etc.

Fourth: Parry and Crowd Control
A reflex based parry could be interesting too. For example, if the enemy tries to hit you, and you parry at the right time, your character could throw him off balance and counter attack. This can already be done in Exanima, but it does not always feel like the NPC's balance is reacting according to the speed, impact and angle of our blow. Like in the arena, if the second guy strikes to the left, but i am able to hit his weapon while also attacking right, he should keep his momentum, or counter force, and be stagered. It would probably be a little complicated to do, but would look nice. Crown control moves could be a good way of keeping a distance with our enemy. Holding a longsword horizontally, pointing at the oponnent's belly to keep him at a distance. It could open him up for a stab attack, or simply keep him away to plan or move to a beter position.

Sorry for the long ass post, I'm kind of exited to finally be able to play and watch the game evolve.

So, what do you guys think?

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.