Introduction Thread

nox

Insider
Hullo everyone! I'm a male, 23 years of age, living in a (this time of year) freezing place called Sweden.
I study computer game development and design at Stockholm Uni. And I hope to one day be as awesome as the guys of Bare Mettle :D.
I'm most interested in the design part, as I'm quite an artistic person. I love to draw and animate and sculpt.
When it comes to games, I tend to play all sorts, from FPS to turn-based strategy.
Some favorites are the Elderscrolls games, Diablo II, World in Conflict, the Total War games, Battlefield, CoD (1 and 2), Halflife, Neverwinter Nights, Company of heroes, Dungeon Siege.... and many more.

I found out about this game from a Swedish game news site, and I too fell in love at first sight <3
Now I just hope we can reach the KS goal and let the guys do their magic so we can play this baby!

Xumbik

Insider
Hullo everyone! I'm a male, 23 years of age, living in a (this time of year) freezing place called Sweden.
I study computer game development and design at Stockholm Uni. And I hope to one day be as awesome as the guys of Bare Mettle :D.
I'm most interested in the design part, as I'm quite an artistic person. I love to draw and animate and sculpt.
When it comes to games, I tend to play all sorts, from FPS to turn-based strategy.
Some favorites are the Elderscrolls games, Diablo II, World in Conflict, the Total War games, Battlefield, CoD (1 and 2), Halflife, Neverwinter Nights, Company of heroes, Dungeon Siege.... and many more.

I found out about this game from a Swedish game news site, and I too fell in love at first sight <3
Now I just hope we can reach the KS goal and let the guys do their magic so we can play this baby!
Mind if I borrow your introduction? I mean, mine would be eerily similar.

I too, reside in the frigid north. Actually, same town! Stockholm! I do, however study Computer Science at KTH, so by default I should dislike you SU scum! ;) But, hey, we seem to have a lot in common. I'm 23, male, somewhat artistic... myeah, I'm just repeating your statements.

Lets hope this game finishes their KS with a bang! Cheers.

TheScythian

Insider
I've been here a little while now but I guess better late than never, especially since we're all going to be a happy family here on the forums for the next year or two.
I'm 22 and another brit. Unlike many of you guys with an interest in computer technology though, I'm a bit of a technophobe and understand sweet F.A about computers. For this reason I've been pretty much entirely a console gamer since about 1996. I tend to go for action-adventure games like zelda, okami, shadow of the colossus. Ocarina of Time's my favourite game (groan...original, I know).
I'm also a sucker for anything with physics which is probably why I'm here. When in the combat video the silver knight charged at porky, got smashed in the gonads with a flail and fell to the ground I instantly knew Sui Generis would be a classic.
Anyway, I'm studying Zoology because I love animals and that's where the big money is ;).

Nice to meet all of you (again maybe).

calithlin

Insider
Hello everyone, I'm Benjamin Winn, a 21 year old contracted 3D developer and programmer at a local design firm in Portland, Oregon, USA. I sort of fell into the position after an internship here at Vizwerks, but I'm also still attending my school (The Art Institute of Portland) three days out of the week, Dual Majoring in Game Art & Design, and Visual & Game Programming. I also go by Calithlin (Cal for short), which is the name of my alter-ego and online/MMORPG/video game persona.

I've had a passion for 3D modeling work since I began playing around in the Second Life virtual world in 2007, and using its simple proprietary in-game 3D creator for creating areas and outfits for the use of role-playing with friends and a large Star Wars community in Second Life. I learned how to use some of the simpler aspects of Second Life's in-game scripting system as well (lsl script, or 'Linden Second Life' script). Now own and manage a 256x256x5000 meter plot of virtual land which simulates a few Star Wars locations for myself and dozens of other players to role-play in.

I'm a huge sci-fi and fantasy fan, and I love immersing myself in stories in these settings. Rather than printing out another wall containing my obligatory list of favored RPGs, I'll just leave a link here to my obscenely detailed review of some of my favorites in another thread. Yeaaah.

Anyway, this game inspired me as to the future of the games industry of which I hope to some day be part of. For more shameless self-promotion, you can see a glimpse of some of my extensive horsing around with 3D and other art forms, most which tend to relate to the Star Wars community I am part of: Calithlin's DeviantArt

MowLiao

Insider
Yikes, I don't know what to say amongst all these people with their degrees, ability to program games, write, sculpt, etc... Well, I'll give it a shot anyhow.

My name's Melissa. I'm 20 and I currently reside in the United Kingdom, and I found out about Sui Generis from a comment on TotalBiscuit's Maia video.

I'm a physics student drop-out... Because I actually hate the equationy, particle, wave, maths side of physics, despite loving to know how things work on a mechanical scale. Instead I now have a work placement as an apprentice at a clinical research centre where I see subjects come in and be stabbed with injections or tools extracting flesh from their bodies... Nommy, I know. Then I enter their data into databases and browse the Sui Generis forum because of a lack of things to do. I can also barely live off my wages due to the holycrapexpensive council tax which I'm paying, but I still pledged for a collector's edition of this game... :3 It was just that awesome.

People say I have a gift for programming (Fortran90 and SAS... do they even count?), and at one time, I was interested in Computer Science as a degree at university before realising that lectures brought up the bitter feeling of blegheducationyuck again... I might do it in the future though. Who knows?

Annnywaaay, stress in life and a lack of existence of a chair + table at home has significantly reduced the number and frequency of gameage in my life. I mainly play Minecraft and Terraria at the moment, less than once per fortnight (ugh, what am I doing here?). The games which were most significant for me in the past were Morrowind, Pokémon (on the Gameboy) and Zelda: Ocarina of time. Either waaay, I'm pretty hyped about Sui Generis and sincerely hope that when alpha comes out, I'll be in a considerably better situation to test and play this awesome concept of a game. :)

calithlin

Insider
Yikes, I don't know what to say amongst all these people with their degrees, ability to program games, write, sculpt, etc... Well, I'll give it a shot anyhow.
My name's Melissa. I'm 20 and I currently reside in the United Kingdom.
We all start somewhere, just that you have an interest in programming puts you a cut above the general population in regards to game design :)

<3>Life

Hello everyone, I'm new! Got to know about SG through Thief 4 forums (thanks Psychomorph) and the game really is looking promising!

+1 for stealth options! :)

MowLiao

Insider
We all start somewhere, just that you have an interest in programming puts you a cut above the general population in regards to game design :)
Hmmm, truuue. It is one of my dreams to become involved in game design. In fact I'm very willing to learn how to program without having to attend an official course (the idea of formal learning makes me squirm) - however I'd love someone for someone to, say, hold my hand through the process and give me ideas for projects and hints of improvement.

Heh. =P ...Anyone?

Skybar

Insider
I'm 21 and like a few others here, I live in the cold north (Sweden) and currently studying 3D-graphics in Stockholm (more aimed toward films/movies/commercials, rather than games); where we mainly use Maya and V-ray.

I didn't know Sui Generis or Bare Mettle even existed until about ~10 hours before the kickstarter ended (thanks to Athene - best paladin in the world!); and I fell in love with it almost straight away. Even with the clunky animations and all!

Don't really have much else interesting to tell you.. I'm getting a cat early next year!

Hello all! I'm 26 & currently living near St Albans, South East UK. I am & always have been a console gamer. I can still remember the first game I ever completed was Alex Kidd in Miracle World on the Sega Master System. I do still have a big love for old skool games. At the age of 26 I am now earning *just* enough to build my first ever decent gaming PC, something I've wanted for many years. Soon I will begin buying parts.

The genres that I'm into most would have to be RTS, RPG & Beat-em-ups. I do also dabble with FPS. My favourite game of all time is Carmageddon 2. Other favourites include Worms 2, Total Annihilation, Final Fantasy 7 & 8, Killer Instinct 1 & 2, Mortal Kombat 9, Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Skyrim, Fallout 3 & GTA San Andreas.

Rob, I'm quite big on Atheism & logical, rational thinking. As a scientist I bow down before your intellect. Much respect.

Psychomorph, did I mention any games you play in that list? I'm currently looking for someone to play either Worms or Total Annihilation with after spotting them both on GoG :)

Deathsdesign, I have experienced cassette gaming! My god what a thing. My uncle used to let me play when I was a kid.

Cal, loving the Sith Lord tattoo :) I may one day get some kind of Carmageddon reference inked into my skin. Hmm. Food for thought.

Vincent101

Insider
Hey all. It's good to get a chance to meet the people who've I've been discussing with over the forums.

My name's Shane Vincent. I'm 22 and live on the east coast of Australia. I had always wanted to get in to games design but was warned off it from my oldest brother, who was in the industry and got royally screwed over. The industry is tough, so for the time being I'll just stick to writing tabletop RPG campaigns. I'm off to join the Navy next year, too, which will help me accomplish what I'd like to do with my life. I'm very much in to roleplaying games and I used to attend the fantasy LARP in Victoria, Australia called Swordcraft. (We didn't use realistic weapons but we *did* use realistic armour. There's a lot people don't know or understand about various types of armour.)

My favourite game is Baldur's Gate 2. I'll admit that I am quite fond of modern games, too, but I tend to prefer the older titles, made by genuine designers in a cut-throat industry. Older games tend to have more of the essence of gaming about them, where as modern games seem to be pointed at people who don't like to think for themselves or bury the true gaming mechanics and the feel of the game under flashy graphics and cheap story-telling tactics.

Games I mostly play are;
CoD 4: in terms of the CoD games, 4 was the purest of a multiplayer FPS experience. It's intense yet smooth and stable. Good mechanics and a decent player base. The simplicity of the game also puts it above any of the following games.
Day Z: I love it. You either do or you don't.
Minecraft: I'm obsessive enough. I also love the Tekkit mod.

Kane

Insider
Hello All,

I am Kane, i live in the UK and i am a graphic designer Im 23 and am an obsessed gamer, always have and always will.

I am obsessed with good design and really want to get into the industry myself but as you can understand its an odd angle to get into the industry. I one day hope to design and make some games of my own or at least be creative director on a project.

I am actually going to be working with awesome team of Bare Mettle to bring the best experience possible. I am so siked to be part of this project and thank the team for the opportunity.

My favourite games would be Deadspace, Red Dead Redemption, Minecraft, Borderlands, Infamous, Max payne, i could go on. I love storys with a great story line but im also obsessed with the branding, box art, UI design and presentation of the game. I guess that is the 'Graphic Designer' coming out in me.

Love creating identities and artwork so i hope to be sharing a lot with you all in the coming months on this amazing project.

Really pleased that their is such an awesome cumminity already interested in every aspect of the game and i know this is going to be epic when we get our hands of this!

Pleasure to meet you all!

Kane

666jet

Insider
Hey everyone it's Jet here nice to meet you all i live cardiff in wales *insert joke about welshman and sheep here* i like to ahve a laugh and im hard to offend ^_^ i play alot of games and im too lazy to list them but lately im playing farcry 3 hitman dayz skyrim and any other game i get talked into playing lols

Chifilly

Insider
I thought I'd pop in and say hi :)
Found this game via Reddit a while ago, watched the kickstarter pledge and instantly threw my money in its general direction. I got bored at 5am, realised now I still haven't signed up on the forum, and thought I would. So, hello!

666jet

Insider
I thought I'd pop in and say hi :)
Found this game via Reddit a while ago, watched the kickstarter pledge and instantly threw my money in its general direction. I got bored at 5am, realised now I still haven't signed up on the forum, and thought I would. So, hello!
same as me but i was bored in work lols

Strmlrn

Insider
Hi all :)

My name is Linus, I am also from Sweden, outside a small town called Varberg to be precise.
I am not so much of a gamer nowadays, do the usual forum-raids to read about all the new games but nothing tends to excite me much anymore. Except Sui Generis of course.

Instead music, movies and reading gets most of my spare time.

Well thats it i guess, I am not so good at presentations or english for that matter so hopefully this will do.

Verva

Wazzap Sui Generis forum :D

To start, I love the maturity level in this forum so far. I've been playing a ton of Minecraft lately so it's nice to break away from all the screaming little kids for a change. Love that game, can't stand the community.

I'm not particularly impressive... 18, high school education (senior drop out), musician, gamer. My adjectives suck, but whatever. I love music. I've been playing guitar for 4 years, drums for 2, and am or plan to work on trombone, piano, mandolin, and finally ukulele. Music is what I want to do with my life. When it comes to games, I love a good platformer (it's where I started), but open world is where it's at for me nowadays. From fallout 3 and Skyrim to Just Cause 2, I have sunk a miserable amount of time into this genra. I hate modern linear gameplay only because modern games can't do it right anymore for some reason. There's quite a few good ones from the retro era, but there's so few nowadays that get how to make a linear game that I can't stand it anymore. Give me the tools I need and a world to explore/explode and I'm happy.

That's what has me so interested in SG. Freedom. My biggest hope for this game is that the ending isn't what the devs want you to do, but what you want to do. What if I want the world to be destroyed/enslaved... as long as I'm on the destroyer/slaver's side, I'll be perfectly fine. I don't want to save these silly people! I want to rule them! Mwahaha Mwahaha-haha...

The next playthrough I'll save them... maybe ;)

Bram Stolk

Insider
Hi,

I'm an indie game dev, with a love for physics games.
My best known game is 'The Little Crane That Could.'

I look very much forward to playing Sui on my mac or linux box.

Physics simulation of biped movement is extremely hard to do.
But kudos to the devs getting this far.

Bram

NinjaTigers

Supporter
Hello everyone!
I am quite new to the forum, but have followed Sui Generis for a little while. I found the Kckstarter via reddit (as did many others).

I am currently in High School in the USA, and I love video-games! Have played them all my life; all thanks to my older brother :D . I also am quite a good student (if I say so myself) and find interest in programming/computers, science, history (mainly ancient civilizations) spanish and finally literature.
I love PC games especially, and saved up years of earnings to finally get a good gaming rig.

This game really stood out to me due to the physics involved. At first it looked cool, but similar to a Diablo III type of game. Then I watched the videos. It blew me away! I am very proud to have been able to help the project reach its goal on Kickstarter, even though I could not give much :(.

*To the Devs: Well done, can't wait to see Sui Generis evolve from an idea, to a full-fledged game.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.