Introduction Thread

LostH

Insider
Hello everyone!

I'm Carl and have just joined to forum after receiving the email about the access to the insider forum.
I'm 31 and haveb een playing games over the years only to find these days and due to family commitments I do not have the time to play a library of games. In that regard I tend to focus on games with deep singleplayer content and challenges which gives me something to get my teeth into, so to speak. I like to explore the worlds created :)
After seeing the initial kickstarter video of Sui Generis I was immediately impressed with the engine the chaps have developed and the really fun looking physics of the engine also (it seemed immediately apparent that this engine coule be used for many games!).
The graphics look gorgeous, especially the way the guy leading the vid showed off the lighting.

And plus it's kickstarter, I'm all for games the developers want to make.

Can't wait to see the game develop :)

Jamjor

Insider
Hi everyone.

Im 19, male, and live in British Columbia, Canada. I found out about this game through the Mod Nexus for Fallout: New Vegas. Not directly, however. It was for War for the Overworld. I didn't know what that was, so I checked it out on Youtube. From that video, was linked a pre alpha video for SG. I looked into it more, and now here I am, anxiously awaiting the alpha release.

I graduated high school last year, just working part time now and going to post secondary school in a year or so.

I love games like the Elder Scrolls, not so much Skyrim but Morrowind and Oblivion. I love Fallout, I love STALKER, I love Mount&Blade. I have a passion for the Medieval period, and love all kinds of history. Total War games are another favorite.

SG looks revolutionary. I loved games like Nox, Diablo 2, etc. Inquisitor is another one like those, but more intricate and in depth with story and dialogue. Haven't played much of that, though. I can't wait to play this!

Wookiee

Insider
Hi all, wookiee here, 31 Australian, been dreeming of a game like this since daggerfall opened my eye to just how "without limits" a game could be.

Edit: Oh and I cannot WAIT to start playing with the editor... if we are given access to stuff like that :D

Mercnet

Hello, I stumbled upon the kickstarter last night, too late to be of use, but I am surely impressed with the tech demos that the have. The engine is by far the most impressive I have seen come from the mind of one man. I was I was as talented a programmer. This is definitely on my watch list.

Hpnot1Q

20 years old, Armén Jepremjan, aka Hpnot1Q :)

Former professional gamer, now owner and operator of Hpnot1Q-Gaming.com

Love hardcore hip hop, Lobster is my favorite food, anything that comes from the sea really...

Hmm what else, in a happy relationship, Audi is my favorite car brand, i use to own an A5 but couldn't pay for the maintenance no more so had to get rid of it :(

And i can safely state that i am the biggest S.T.A.L.K.E.R fan you will ever meet :D

Don Kanaille

Insider
Hello there,

I am 23-years-old student from Germany and just recently read about Sui Generis when somebody mentioned it on the forums of Chivalry:Medieval Warfare. Since I am a great fan of medieval combat and games in general, Sui Generis really impressed me, so I decided to back it up via Paypal.
Besides gaming, I also read a lot, listen to Heavy Music, play the medieval bagpipes and do reenactment and Live Roleplaying. So yeah, pretty obvious why this game appeals to me^^ And I really hope it turns out to be as great as it seems... Chivalry pulled it off and that game is really a blast to play.

My best wishes for Bare Mettle! And greetings to everyone on the forums.

Ickorus

Insider
Hmm, guess it's my turn to post though I fear I'm not nearly as glamorous as some of you guys in regards to my job and qualifications. Anyway, without further ado:

Hello, my name is Luke, I live on a little island off the southern coast of the British mainland called the Isle of Wight; I am a 23 year-old IT Technician* and studied IT at college but never went to University due to my belief that I would learn better on the job, a belief that has thus far proven true.

In regards to gaming I would consider myself more on the casual side in that I play for fun and hate when people take things too seriously though I really don't fit in the catagory of casual as defined by gamers since they tend to think of casual as someone who plays farmville or whatever on facebook.

With all that said, I LOVE being challenged in a game, if it's hard but fair I love it.

* Yes, I'm the guy that tells you to turn it off then on again and you wouldn't believe how often that works.

Parco

Probably time to introduce myself too. My name is Andreas, im 24 and are from Norway(explains my bad english) work on 3 hen farms and mostly using my free time for gaming.

Last edited:

MagicKarl

Supporter
Hi, I'm Mike! I saw someone mention this game in the comments of a Total Biscuit video, and sent some funding their way, and several months later thought it a good time to join the community!

Fawz

Insider
The SG community has been growing and getting tighter with people getting to know each other more. Nice to read about some of the members I often see on the forums.

As for me, I'm Fawzi from Montreal, Canada. I'm a 21 year old male of Algerian origin. I speak English, French, Arabic and a bit of Mandarin and German.

I've been working in the Video Game Quality Assucance (QA) field for a few years now as both a Tester and Test Lead. I've been at big companies such as Electronic Arts (EA) and Warner Brothers (WB) where I'm currently employed. I've worked on many titles of small and big budgets, some of which have been released, cancelled or are as of yet unannounced. One of the last projects I worked on was Injustice: Gods Among Us

I'm a hardcore gamer and have been as such since my early years. There's almost no type of game I don't play but I have a deep love for RPGs.

Cooper Holt

Insider
Hello everyone! :D

My name is Cooper Holt (as you know), and I live in Nova Scotia, Canada.
My family originated from Germany, but I've never been there. I can speak English and French, but I don't speak French outside of school.
I love gaming and I always have, I love drawing, I have a passion for music (piano), and I also love nachos.

I found out about Sui Generis because Jon Kagstrom (one of the Minecraft developers), tweeted a link to the Kickstarter page. If I hadn't clicked on that link, I wouldn't be on these forums today.
Sui Generis is my favourite game ever, and I haven't even played it yet. :p

Komuflage

Insider
Everyone seems to have accomplished quite a lot. :oops:

well anyway:
My name is Marcus, and I'm 17years old (18 on thursday, hurray Driver's license!)
I'm born and raised here in Sweden.

I've been a gamer since 1999 when I got my first computer with Total annihilation (A game I still play, so epic)
after that I've been hooked on games and consider myself a hardcore gamer, challenge is pretty much everything to me in a game. Anyway, back then I only got 20skr (3$) per week from my parents, and I spent all those on candy, so buying new games was not really an option. However, one christmas I got a big fat 20inch TV, a PS and crash Bandicoot and Spyro. So for quite a while those where the games I had to play. After a while do I bought Ghost Recon (you know, back when it was actually a tactical shooter/"semi-simulator") and dam I loved that game. I continued by getting Operation flash point a bit later and played BG.

So I guess that's the origin for my love to complicated games where you've to use ur brain, and that passion is still there. That's for instance another of the main reasons I backed SG. Finally a hardcore game.

Anyways, other than that I don't have much to tell; I'm currently studying to become an electrician. I've started learning C++ with the goal to be able to create my own little 2D rpg someday. Since I bought my first car I've gotten really interested in cars in general. I get mad when I see people typing "alot" instead of "a lot", (not looking at someone in particular in this forum ;)) I hate casual shit games, and I get frustrated when people comment "Where's Skyrim" on top10 rpgs of all time, or when people are saying that Dark souls is such a difficult game (Also the fact that Demon's souls was better, and then people are praising Dark souls makes me a bit irritated, but that's who I'm I guess:D) oh and this > :eek: < is my favourite smiley of all time, and I'll be over-using it on this forum whenever I get a chance.

Oh I might ad that in all honestly I'm an Elitist, especially when it come to games, I often find myself superior to other players, especially GW2 and the souls games. That's pretty much why I hate when a lot of people say that a sequel to my favourite games are awesome, just because they made it more casual and added flashier effects/weapons. (Looking at Darks souls particularly)

Parco

I get mad when I see people typing "alot" instead of "a lot", (not looking at someone in particular in this forum ;))
:oops:

forgot to mention my first games:p
i began my career as a gamer(not very profitable) at the age of 3, it was on my uncles old computer, and it had 3 games i used to play: TIM (The Incredible Machine), Police quest and Supaplex.

Torhque

Insider
I haven't really visited the General Discussion much, so I popped in and this thread caught my eye.

I'm 19 and live in California, USA. Several of you here make me feel pretty wimpy in comparison haha. I'll just mention that I have a rather broad taste in genres for video games, but RPGs are one of my favorites. I love physics in games, and Sui Generis hyped me up like a madman when I watched their pitch video.

Their combination of physics and combat got me crazy excited, and I backed it immediately. Also, the description of how the game will play out in terms of choices and consequences only made me want this game even more. The mystery about the lore is also welcome in my book.

Luze Crosszeria

Supporter
I saw we did not have one of these so I figured we should get to know each other a tad. If this is not wanted or something, please do send this thread to the deepest pit of forum hell. Searches revealed no thread like this though, so I imagine I am alright.

I am a 15 year old from the United States, young I know. I have always had a passion for the middle ages and literature and for the past few years I have been trying to learn how to professionally read and write. I am working on two novels I will most likely never try and get published and am doing stand up comedy as a side hobby. I have also been trying to learn how to 3d model, though I am none too good at it.

I love open world games, especially medieval ones; which is why I have to tentatively name Mount & Blade Warband as my favorite game currently. Coming up close would be the Total War series. Coming up close for my favorite genre would have to be science-fiction, though that does not have as much bearing here as my fantasy fetish I suppose.
That`s what you posted here.
"The Hedge Knight

Member, Male, 26"

Your profile. Care to explain?

Luze Crosszeria

Supporter
the poor guy is in a identity crisis :( lets all give him our support
Yes, lets support him. Maybe lets start a documental movie in kickstarter discussing "fake age specifying in indie game forum profiles identity crisis" (abbreviation used in medicine -FASIIGFPIC). This is serious problem and we should help these people.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.