Let me start standing with the torch - it's tedious

For a game where we have no save feature it becomes increasingly tedious to start prone and then have to mouse drag pick up and mouse drag equip your torch. It's tedious. Start us standing with the torch, jeez.

Also a double click to pick up/equip items would be a little less tedious then all the dragging I have to do.

Last edited:

Minq

Insider
I really like the start. But, if you don't like to constantly start from the beginning, you can sort of save the game by messing with the Appdata in your user folder. Go to your main hard drive and select Users/$username$/AppData/Roaming/Exanima and copy the Exanima.rsg folder to your desktop. When you die in the game you can exit and re-copy the .rsg file into the above folder to restore your previous save.

Tyrek

Double click to equip would definitely be a nice feature. As for starting on the ground I think being able to double click the torch straight off the ground and instantly equip it would solve that while still keeping the nice beginning.

Edit: Just remembered double click is reserved for pinning info windows, so it would have to be right click or something

Last edited:
I really like the start. But, if you don't like to constantly start from the beginning, you can sort of save the game by messing with the Appdata in your user folder. Go to your main hard drive and select Users/$username$/AppData/Roaming/Exanima and copy the Exanima.rsg folder to your desktop. When you die in the game you can exit and re-copy the .rsg file into the above folder to restore your previous save.
I might actually have to do this lol

Bergzwerg

Would like the option to start standing with torch aswell, auto looting clicked items is pretty sweet too if they're isolated from other items (keys anyone?).

What i really would love to see is a 'drop the torch on the ground an get the shield out' hotkey, maybe some kind of quickslots (melee / ranged or just two sets to save?). Dragging the torch is dangerous sometimes. Also you leave combat mode when opening invetory, letting your guard down in the process - very dangerous at any time.

Zarniwoop

@Bergzwerg The idea of auto-looting would certainly come in handy, but the clunky feel of dragging and dropping gives it a more realistic feel. If your character was to carry so much stuff anyway, he would have to pick it up as well :p

Quickslots for emergencies would also be brilliant. Nothing too fancy though, as you say a "drop *item in hands* and take out weapon" kind of thing.

Minq

Insider
does BergZwerg mean mountain dwarf? My german is a bit rusty. Is that even german?

Bergzwerg

@Bergzwerg The idea of auto-looting would certainly come in handy, but the clunky feel of dragging and dropping gives it a more realistic feel. If your character was to carry so much stuff anyway, he would have to pick it up as well :p

Quickslots for emergencies would also be brilliant. Nothing too fancy though, as you say a "drop *item in hands* and take out weapon" kind of thing.
To keep things simple how about a 'loot whatever item is under cursor' hotkey? just to not fiddle around with small items. I didn't mean a real auto loot system as this would totally break the exploring part, but that's nothing really bothering me - just a nice to have.

does BergZwerg mean mountain dwarf? My german is a bit rusty. Is that even german?
yes it's german and yes that's excactly what it means :>

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.