Master Fights Easier Than Expert Fights Because Masters Only Use Slow Polearms

Tyon

Uhh, thanks?

Anyway, it's obvious many people on this topic are passionate about it, but we should not take it as far as flaming each other.

Candle brings up a good point, a majority of professional medieval armies were made up of lighter troops. These soldiers usually had an open faced helmet, a bringandine, padded coat, and mail if they were lucky (so basically novice and adept level equipment). I hope there is some sort of sheathing or weapon slots mechanic added, so master tier opponents could carry a polearm as their primary, and then an arming sword or something as their secondary weapon which they would switch to when fighting less armored opponents.

Don Kanaille

Insider
A few things I´ll throw in:

1. I agree that Masters can be a bit too easy. The AI is less dangerous with polearms than it is with swords no matter what armor you are wearing. This might be a bug at the moment because I remember the last guy in the expert practice Arena (poleaxe) and some expert tier poleax fighters to be deadly as hell, while I wipe the floor with those masters. They just constantly open up their guard and take hit after hit if you just keep attacking.

2. The devs are working on different stances / different ways to hold your weapon, for example turning your poleweapons around or halfswording.

3. Swords are sidearms. The weapons of battle are spears and polearms on foot and laces on horse. Swords however are flexible and easy to carry which is why you can comfortably use them as backup; but you would not go to battle with only a sword if you could avoid it.
Half-swording and other techniques of sword use against armor definitely exist and were widely taught, but they were not intended to turn your sword into your primary mean of defeating armor; they were taught so you would at least stand some chance if you ever ended up in such a situation. If you look at armored sword fighting you will see that most of those techniques actually turn your sword into another makeshift weapon, like a short spear (halfswording), a mace (murderstroke) or a staff/pole/crowbar (various levers and grapples). All of these things could obviously be done better by a specialized weapon, namely the poleaxe (which, evidently, is a combination of a mace, a short spear, a pole and even an axe).

The Witcher

Supporter
yep anyway i just want to see the x thing being implomented so you can change the weapon from cutting to blunt damage

Elaxter

Insider
men at arms actually had nearly the same armors as knights what do you mean normal infantry was pretty easy to fight if you had the skill and equipment knights met in the battlefield but killed eachother rarely most times one knocked the other on the ground and then used him for ransom and just to know a sword is a mace a dagger and a sword all together you could use it with many ways hitting with the guard as a mace half swording and looking to stab in the enemy gaps or just slashing with it here you can see a man at arms http://wraithdt.deviantart.com/art/Men-at-Arms-53099182
No offense, but you should really work on your general grammar before trying to tell other people how it is.

The Witcher

Supporter
ye i said it a bit grouped up there all the letters sorry i wrote that pretty fast i already apologised for being a douchebag i actually didnt but i said that there is no reason to start a flame war

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.