New Arena (v 0.6.1.0 Beta)

Gsprfdude

Is it possible to recover your fallen characters at all? I had spent a good 6 hours just doing matches over and over the slow and safe route( 2nd rank elimination and then pugilism to heal up if needed) and i had ranked up all the way to expert and had little over 9 gold but on one match in an elimination round I made one fatal mistake and died from a peasant in rags and now have nothing, losing your character completely seems a little harsh
Eh that's how it works in the story mode too. I'm not sure if you can do it yet, but you are supposed to be able to hire others to fight for you (basically a 2nd character who can die).

-Tim-

Insider
Is it possible to recover your fallen characters at all? I had spent a good 6 hours just doing matches over and over the slow and safe route( 2nd rank elimination and then pugilism to heal up if needed) and i had ranked up all the way to expert and had little over 9 gold but on one match in an elimination round I made one fatal mistake and died from a peasant in rags and now have nothing, losing your character completely seems a little harsh
That's why you let recruits do the dangerous work. :rolleyes:

Ketobor

I really think that the fact that you can grind low-risk encounters is incredibly mis-matched with the potential instant death.

It would be one thing if you couldn't do the easy ones anymore, but with the infinite grinding of trivial things, you can take forever then die suddenly, and that doesn't feel quite right.

Tony

Insider
I really think that the fact that you can grind low-risk encounters is incredibly mis-matched with the potential instant death.

It would be one thing if you couldn't do the easy ones anymore, but with the infinite grinding of trivial things, you can take forever then die suddenly, and that doesn't feel quite right.
Seems fine to me. Once you get heavily armored the chances of dying are quite low since you mostly take stamina damage at that point. The game doesn't hold your hand; it allows you to be as safe or as risky as you'd like, which is great! If you don't feel like being risky then hire recruits and use them to buy gear for your main character.

burgzaza

Insider
I feel you, lost two characters and a main :p
But don't worry every item you bought is still in the arsenal management. You lost your experience tho.
I really recommend to buy fine/superior/exceptional items even in the lowest ranks. For me Novice has been the deadliest tier. Novices have access to very sharp weapons so you should buy every armor piece that could help for this tier, it you play it.
Some pieces will help for higher tiers too, and once it's not useful anymore, you can sell them or give them to another character.

To play safe but earn good money, it's also interesting to play the eliminations from Master tier, with Inept/adept rank gear. Again avoid novices until you get some decent leather stuff.

My new main character is expert and went close to death many times. But less and less over time, new gear really help. Buy a decent weapon and then focus on armors, it's worth it.

edit : ah damn I get it, you lost your main character. Yeah that's worse. x)
Next time, as recomended by others, keep your leader safe, you can rank him up but be really ready ^^

Last edited:

Kevin309

I cant install the game.I already download 2 times . Its like loading but the window for install process never appears.

Used against you, or by you?
In both ways...

Enemies with daggers (or in bad case - with dagger and buckler) are sticky bastards - they mostly stay on short distance, so you can't simply use some half-long-range weapons. And daggers are deadliest blades in treir rang because of leather/cloth armor.

When you use daggers... well, do you remember Leon? "The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn."
But in any case, when you go with dagger, some enemies are hard as hell - armored ones with long polearms or quick blades for example. You should stay very close to use dagger, so it's good point to use shield/buckler, and closing the distance means that you'll always be under blow, so it requires high parrying/evading skills.

Last edited:

Vaihuite

Insider
Best dev in the world !!!!! thanks you

sui generis; 'ok take my money I love the project but hard to do'

exanima; ' whoua I don't hope this but this is so good, when entering level 4 mama !'

Arena uptade; 'Big thanks to you all Baremetle Dev, thanks you, my video game's dream come true, gladiator style, so good, so good'

Best regard.

In both ways...

Enemies with daggers (or in bad case - with dagger and buckler) are sticky bastards - they mostly stay on short distance, so you can't simply use some half-long-range weapons. And daggers are deadliest blades in treir rang because of leather/cloth armor.

When you use daggers... well, do you remember Leon? "The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn."
But in any case, when you go with dagger, some enemies are hard as hell - armored ones with long polearms or quick blades for example. You should stay very close to use dagger, so it's good point to use shield/buckler, and closing the distance means that you'll always be under blow, so it requires high parrying/evading skills.
Back pedal while fighting against them. While using them, just don't even try to get power hits, just get in their face, and stay in their face.

burgzaza

Insider
To play safe but earn good money, it's also interesting to play the eliminations from Master tier, with Inept/adept rank gear.
Nevermind ! Actually any elimination below adept is very dangerous. Even with decent gear. I lost my first expert character on a master lvl elimination with inept rank items ^^
At some point another strategy is safer, maybe even too safe. Lose a game by "knockdown" could be more fair with some sort of penalty. Maybe a recovering timer ?
do expert/expert eliminations, loot 1rst oponent gear and plus the gear you have you can be armored enough to avoid red damage. And it pays well !

Also I love the hub area, I can't wait to see it filled with npcs and hired fighters wandering around :D

Not to be a party pooper here but I kinda miss the old arena. Yes there are all these new aspects to arena mode but I miss the simplicity. Where I could just quickly equip items i wanted to practice with and then faced foes "endlessly" and tried new tricks. Now, on the other hand, I feel like I have to grind a lot just to get some cash and decent gear with the constant fear of death. I would like to practice with certain weapons because of my preference, but sadly am not allowed to do so. There are no matches with that tier or rank at the moment so you have to fight with other weapons and gear. Sure, I should learn to weild all weapons but ultimately shouldn't that be a choice?

I basically only do pugilisms to practice footwork/movements because there i cannot be killed. Sadly I have to have this fear of death constantly breathing down my neck. I won't play with the mechanics because of this.

I do enjoy the arena, but I feel there should be a "mode" where I can play around with the mechanics to learn more and teach myself. Kinda just jump in have 1-2 matches and die brutally because of my failures without any major reppercussions. That is what I really liked about the old arena. Had a blast laughing at myself and my friends. If I wanted the hardcore experience I would play the "campaign" mode where I do prefer the Hardcore experience. ^^

On a lighter note; I love the boards and the shop. Also the variations of items in the shop are comming along nicely! The variation of Fights are also really awsome! Well done! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for reading ^^

Last edited:

burgzaza

Insider
I agree the feeling is very different between the two arenas. The two are great. It's cool, just means that it's one more game type that could maybe be implemented in the new arena. The trick part is what kind of gear allow, in order to not spoil the new arena experience ?

dustbiter

A classic arena mode would be nice. Just leave an option to play the old arena.

Possible mortality is interesting and fun in arena once you get used to it and figure out how to avoid it.

I think you can simply exit match when you are in danger, but I don't do that. Simply stick to fights at adept/expert level gear fights where you are well armoured.

Tyon

I would like there to be an arena like the old one, maybe have all the enemies procedurally generated. I find it difficult to mess around in the arena now because I'm so scared of losing my stuff (I have saved up 25 gold and have full plate armor, some of the best weapons, etc). I am aware you can hire recruits, but you can only fight people of inept rank, and it takes a while to rank up, I also feel like messing around isn't something I should have to pay my hard earned coin for.

Also, I'd appreciate if the shop had more items available at one time, it's kinda difficult to get exactly what you want unless you wait (most likely) a very long time.

Besides that, this update is amazing, I can't play enough of it.

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.