New Environment Artist

Kieran

Developer
A while ago we decided to hire an additional environment artist to help us build the Sui Generis game world. We advertised the position and received over 100 applications, we selected the best applicants and asked them to do an art test, we then interviewed those with the best submissions and finally selected one artist to join our team. His name is Leonid Kuzyakin.

Incidentally Leonid was one of our Kickstarter backers with a significant contribution. This already told us he was passionate about the project and we very much liked everything we heard during the interview. Leonid shares our views on game design and his education gives him a solid understanding of architecture and its history, which fits perfectly with our attention to detail and authenticity. As for his artistic skills we'll let his work speak for itself:

This is Leonid's art test submission, rendered in our engine. A basic reference image was provided, the broken modular feature was added by his own initiative.

This is the first model Leonid developed for Sui Generis, also rendered in our engine. It is the first of a series of buildings for a village environment. All textures are original work made by Leonid for this environment.

Leonid adapted very quickly to our art style and methods, we are really pleased with the results and to have him join our team. Welcome to the team Leonid!

Best,
Bare Mettle

P.S. We're almost ready to record the new video, coming soon.

Dorag

Wow really nice, hoping to see that video soon.
Good luck in the future and welcome Leonid! :D

Tony

Insider
Nice work by Leonid and I'm glad to see more talent being added to the Bare Mettle team. With a supposed release date less than a year away I'm sure you guys could use the help!

One thing I've been curious about... Are Tony Dye and Leonid Kuzyakin going to relocate to work with the rest of the team? Or will their work be done online?

Also, I can't wait for the next video!! Thanks for the update and keep them coming ;)

Scarecrow

Insider
Great work, and congratulations for making the dev team Leonid! Always excited to see new talented people getting to work on this game. Best of luck to you guys, im sure the game will turn out even better now!

BrecMadak

Insider
Just finished translating this update for our quite big local forum, and excited for upcoming reactions !
Welcome aboard agent Leonid ! Congratz ! It should be quite hard to get in work with impeccably enthusiastics! Your works already show impressive signals, hope your dreams would come true not so long !
And needless to say I'm very curious to know what the contents will be on upcoming video, damn !

ZaratanCho

Insider
Happy to see you have found a great artist that is passionate about the game, too. Things seem to be going very well. And I am very happy about the video info (if it is going to be the public video ;D). At least there is a picture of a house a have not seen, it will help me survive ;D.

Parco

welcome Leonid, will look forward seeing more of your creations, (which leads me to the question: ) are you gonna post what you create for the game in the insider forum?

Oona

Insider
Leonid is a great decision. He has done an amazing job. Can't wait to see more! (Well, I can, don't rush please lol! :p)

speculum

Insider
The ruin looks awesome, can definitely see it in an abandoned castle or something like that, especially with the lighting effects.

Stupidity

Supporter
Nice, Leonid seems like the perfect person for the job. Always great to see historical inspiration in games.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.