NPC AI, Partners, Relationships, & Companions

Cooper Holt

Insider
I've always loved going on journeys with dogs. I get really into the game, so if my beloved pooch dies, I'll probably shed a tear.
One thing I hate is when your companion dies because of bad AI. Say you and your puppy, Ripjaw, go on a quest to find the pearl necklace that a teenage girl dropped as she was fleeing a town in raze. You go into the town, being stealthy, moving between shadows; but your dog just trots along beside you because there aren't any enemies in the immediate vicinity. You sneak up behind a tall, axe-wielding demon. As soon as you're about to strike, your pooch starts yipping aimlessly at the demons stomach. The huge demon strikes his battle-axe into the Ripjaw's back, killing him instantly. The demon then sees you. Your cover is blown, you're out-gunned, and your one true friend is dead.

Bad AI kills dogs and people. Please don't let this happen to my companion in SG.

TheScythian

Insider
Bad AI kills dogs and people. Please don't let this happen to my companion in SG.
Agreed, it's very annoying when your companion starts fighting an enemy and you can't call them off (I'm thinking of Skyrim)...it would be really useful if you could tell your companion to flee. Particularly important in a game like SG where there are no 'essential' npcs and there isn't the option to just quickload when a friend dies.

walltar

Insider
Don't worry, we've already thought about this. You will only be allowed lemmings as pets.
Oh so it would be something like those ants in last indiana johnes movie ... but with lemmings. I am all for that and i hail mighty lemming lord. I should put lemming on my shield instead that griffin.

Pantheon

Insider
Reminds me of Fallout, where you could get a dog with the beautiful name of Dogmeat.
There was also another dog you encountered in one of the special events, who would follow you around and bring bad luck to everyone around, including you...

Cooper Holt

Insider
Don't worry, we've already thought about this. You will only be allowed lemmings as pets.
Lol :D

But seriously, I mean people and pets. I want to be able to tell my companion to flee a battle, be stealthy, or even - oh, I don't know - light up a dark corridor with a torch, perhaps; at my command.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.