Objects

Cooper Holt

Insider
What if I wanted to use a chair as a weapon?
Say I was backed into a corner with goblins pounding at the door. They've pillaged the rest of the inn I'm staying at and a thief took all my weapons during the night. What am I to do? I grab the nearest chair and wait for them to come in. I catch the fist one by surprise, snapping the chair leg over his head. He is out cold. The second one pulls out a crude iron knife and snarls at me. I have the advantage of reach with the broken chair, but if he manages to stab me, I'm down for the count.
Finish this as you will, this is just an idea. When you're out of options, grab the potato.
Any input, devs? :D

walltar

Insider
Well you can allways build table fort and use coat hanger as a weapon ... i hope that with realistic physics we will be able to pick up any object and move it. And some makeshift weapons like chairs, branches or skeleton own legs could be cool.

JamesButlin

Insider
Well you can allways build table fort and use coat hanger as a weapon ... i hope that with realistic physics we will be able to pick up any object and move it. And some makeshift weapons like chairs, branches or skeleton own legs could be cool.
I second this, which leads me to another point, I hope there are breakable doors. Imagine how terrifying it'd be to have monsters break down your door while you're not ready for it, a panic to try and find the nearest weapon (chair leg included of course) simply in order to defend yourself.

Komuflage

Insider
Wonder if I would be able to barricade the door instead.

If a monster is pounding on the door, I could just try to barricade it with the bed, shelf, chairs etc.

That would be awesome :D

Cooper Holt

Insider
I've always liked games like Penumbra: Black Plague and Amnesia: The Dark Descent, but barricading doors never worked. I still tried, but never once did it function correctly. I want to be able to put a plank of wood across the handle of the door, push a bed up against the bottom of the door, nail some supports into it, and hide in the closet behind some boots and a coat.
I'm happy to hear that others agree, but still, no one can say they don't like a good fight, axe to axe. :D

Zervostyrd

Insider
walltar said:
You know what would that big metal guy with his enormous flail say to your barricade? :cool:
What kind of foul magic is this!? It's not possible to reposition furniture in the world of games! :cool:

(unless you have some sort of map editor or you're playing sims in which case there probably wouldn't be a big-metal-dude-with-a-enormous-flail type of guy)

Komuflage

Insider
Half of topic here, but will the game use Fow?

So if I'm inside a room with the door closed, will or won't I be able to see what's outside?

Would be much more immersive if I'm inside a room with the door closed and something start pounding on it, if I can't see who or what is outside.

Mimel

Insider
I would love to have FOW in SG. I think it would add so much more to the immersion and suspense. Hearing noises from the halls as you rummaging through the room, adds tension and excitement when FOW is on.

Great thinking.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.