Postponement

Rev

Insider
Is it too optimistic to hope then ironed all the problems out since they announced the delay and when I wake at 0600 there will be an available download in my account page? ;)

Fawz

Insider
Really, really sorry about the delay guys, we're also really excited to finally have some people try the combat. Made very good progress today, few important things to do still but it's quickly getting there.
Thanks for being so upfront about it. People here have been very understanding so far and no one seems to be angry or throwing around blame so there's no need to feel that bad :p

We all really really really want to play (just look at the forum activity this past week!) but we're willing to be patient for a few more days without making a big fuss about it so long as things are being properly communicated to us.

In the end what matters is how the game does in the long run, as most of us have already waited over a year so a few more days isn't all that bad. Overall it's best not to rush things by sending out a build to people that might cause more harm than good.

Keep up the great work! We'll be eagerly waiting for the time we finally get to play by circling around the forums like vultures :D

hannes77

Insider
Hi there, Best of luck with the release guys, dont stress and take it easy, you guys are awesum and dont worry about the delay, that is what happens in software dev all the time.

1 question though, How would we know if there was a release ? would there suddenly be a download link on the website ? Get an email ?

Anyway sleep well and enjoy your weekend :)

ZaratanCho

Insider
Will survive a few more days, played it in 'dream' a few times. Had some trouble installing the combat alpha test the other day (so delay was inevitable, haha) and only made it to the character creation, it was still exciting though.

Bare Mettle the best. I'm literally shaking in excitement here, no worries though. ;D

McValdemar

We're really trying our absolute best but unfortunately we've had some unexpected and upsetting compatibility issues. AMD OpenGL is riddled with problems, some of which made the game unplayable. I just last night found a workaround to fix the last of the serious ones but I still need to fully implement the solution. I've wasted a lot of time with unsuccessfully trying to find some way to stop these problems from surfacing. We have over twelve hundred alpha backers, more than 40% need to be able run it! We had a go at getting it working on Intel graphics, it's doubtful they have the performance to run the game but it's worth a try. So far we've only managed to produce a blank screen on those and even that was a challenge.

We've fallen behind schedule because of these problems but bar any more unexpected issues it should all be ready in just a few days, tomorrow is unfortunately not possible at this point.
Madoc, no problem at all.
You know how much we are waiting but, obiously, deadlines are not possible to be set.
Maybe that could be handy to ready an online poll-survey to have a detail idea of configurations that you're gonna hit.
I guess compatibility with most of the backers is a priority.

Cheers!

Thanks for the heads-up, it's much appreciated.
Take as much time as you need to get it working, there's no point in releasing it if half the backers can't play. Would only cause an uproar and negative waves.

Fawz

Insider
I am literally refreshing my page every hour just in case I miss any news on it being ready... I don't know what Sui Generis tastes like, but I'm pretty sure I can taste it.....
You're not the only one. There's a whole bunch of us lurking on the forums making sure nothing gets past us! :D

When I see more than 1 Dev online on the forums at the same time I get really paranoid and refresh more frequently!

Realistically speaking though I'm expecting the Alpha to drop more around Tuesday evening

Poza1010

Insider
You're not the only one. There's a whole bunch of us lurking on the forums making sure nothing gets past us! :D

When I see more than 1 Dev online on the forums at the same time I get really paranoid and refresh more frequently!

Realistically speaking though I'm expecting the Alpha to drop more around Tuesday evening
That's exactly what happened to me when I saw Madoc at Brendan at the same time. :rolleyes:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.