Real world applications

bobchaos

I've been wondering if the game's engine, or at least the theory and algos behind it, may not have real world applications, specifically in robotics. I understand the game creates anims on the fly by simulating both external and internal physics (muscles!). Anyone in the dev team ever considered talking with research folks in universities? Might even get something back, like better algos, or maybe even funding! Just a thought.

I recall reading something about that coming from Madoc, that theyr animation system is pretty much inspired on the latest tecnologies or something like that. So I would say they are alredy aweare of the level of what they are doing.

The engine has already been licensed for other non-gaming applications. Madoc was developing software for non-gaming applications for quite some time before he started working on Sui Generis/Exanima.
Anything related to robotics or simulations for any kind of hi tec company, or anything alike?

zhuliks

Insider
it doesnt fit in robatics tho as feet moving uses some workarounds to prevent characters falling on each occasion if it was fully physics and virtual muscle based.

bobchaos

it doesnt fit in robatics tho as feet moving uses some workarounds to prevent characters falling on each occasion if it was fully physics and virtual muscle based.
A vast majority of robots don't have feet, but they have tons of hydraulics that could benefit from the ability to generate new motion patterns without said pattern having to be manually created and uploaded by a human engineer or tech.

Think, say, automobile assembly line: You can generate and simulate the robot arm's motions in record time when you need to start assembling a new model on an old production line.

Mega also has a great point, gaming is not the only high tech industry running simulations.

zhuliks

Insider
A vast majority of robots don't have feet, but they have tons of hydraulics that could benefit from the ability to generate new motion patterns without said pattern having to be manually created and uploaded by a human engineer or tech.

Think, say, automobile assembly line: You can generate and simulate the robot arm's motions in record time when you need to start assembling a new model on an old production line.

Mega also has a great point, gaming is not the only high tech industry running simulations.
That is true I just wanted to point out few things as for assembly robotics I think I've heard of kind of self learning machines for that close to what you describe. But virtual muscles isnt the only unique thing his engine has, he is very proud of high-quality soft he wrote that bakes high poly models artists make into decent-poly models and textures game can use with minimal loss of quality, no other soft currently available can make it so good and usually just makes nice artists models into a blurry mess losing quality.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.