Social skills?

geekoo

Insider
Hi all,
I have checked all the updates on the kickstarter page. And I read about the skill system but strangely I did not find any social skills related or even stealthy skills.
Is the game more oriented as an Hack and Slash? I thought It would be more a low fantasy RPG.
nevertheless I am very impressed with what I have seen so far. I would really like some social and decision interaction with NPCS.

;)

Tony

Insider
What sort of social skills were you hoping for? And Madoc said that if stealth is implemented specific skills for it won't be necessary. They'd attempt to do it in a similar, semi-realistic fashion to how the Thief games did it. You'd have to actually sneak from shadow to shadow and avoid being seen. And the armor and gear you wear would impact how stealthy you could be (noise, movement, etc.). Or you could go the more obvious stealth route by simply putting on a disguise and pretending to be someone you're not.

Kale

Insider
Maybe he means something akin to Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. Where your ability to persuade, intimidate, seduce would change character reactions towards you, to the point that they may go with your request more easily or outright hate you because of what you say.

Tony

Insider
Ah, well, they've said that what you say and your actions will definitely impact how the NPCs treat you. How far they'll take this idea I do not know.

Kale

Insider
I was thinking of it as more a skill you develop, rather than just saying what you wish. I have no idea on it, I've only read on and off on things that was posted on Kickstarter, so I'm mainly ignorant of most of the forum's posts.

SergeDavid

Insider
What I would like would be something along the lines like...

You want a Sheep to use as a mount for your midget hero. Now I don't know about the rest of you but generally my options have been.
  • I want a sheep. (So you kill him, and this is how Rex died in mass effect.)
  • Could I have your sheep? (So you go hunt down 10 wolf hearts)
  • Never mind. (Darn now I have to talk to him again!
I'm not sure how to implement a nice system for this but it would be cool to add tone to these dialogs and the ability to bargain so you can pay for something not only with money but with needed objects and or services rendered like with your body. I'm sure you could plow a field or kill a pesky wolf or two to knock one or two of those goals off the npc's list of goals.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.