[Suggestion]: AI settlement fear

Saetheer

Insider
I've been thinking on something. After getting (maybe?) half way through level 3, I've noticed that some AI starts to run when they see me (after been in combat with them earlier). This made me think of something, as since this is an RPG after all.

Basically, I want this game to be the game I only need for the rest of my life. So, now you know my motivation..:
If you choose a path that includes violence (duh-uh), you could raid and loot a settlement. And so for the next time you show up to the same place, they...
  • respect you as an strong fighter and give in to tribute-demands (etc.).
  • have acquired some better defense, guards with training
  • abandoned the settlement (should be rare if even close to never) and maybe moved to another place, which is now aware of your savageness.
Lets at least discuss this, my input to the idea might not be flawless, but I think its a start.

Thoughts?

konggary

I've never heard of the AI running from the character, at all. I know they run from the special enemy in Lv4 though.

I too would love to hear the dev's perspective on this. They plan on adding one to the EX arena, but specifically what that means is yet unclear.

The only thing I can think of is this kinda relies on the scale of the SG map- how many towns / villages / cities are there? In a large world, it would take quite the reputation to see recognition spread around you.

Now you've got me imagining the greatness of EX in the world of M&B: Warband.

Edit: I don't know what I was thinking- I guess I haven't played story mode in a while.

Last edited:

Saetheer

Insider
I've never heard of the AI running from the character...
If I had computer that could handle recording without frame dropping drastically - i would. However, it has happend in lvl2 as well. Generally, it seems like its only the 'cloth-geared' enemies that seems to run. So it seems like the 'fear' is there, and I can only assume its a short way to implement this to a 'renown'-property of my character? I've had three or four runners in lvl 3 - half way through (I died after meeting the a woman (/man) with a one-handed sword and some armor, but I'll see if I can fraps it for you.

edit:
Take note that I'm playing the beta, available through steam. Don't know if that is a new feature..

Last edited:

Don Kanaille

Insider
Enemies running away is a few patches old, and definitely in the game.

Given how dynamic Sui Generis is supposed to be, all of your suggestions regarding villages (and plundering them) are very well possible. The AI is supposed to be immensely flexible, judging situations, forming opinions on other characters, learning from the past and so on. If the devs actually manage to get the AI the way they like, self defending or tributing villagers is only one of the many things possible in this game.

Tyon

Is anyone else bothered when an undead dressed in rags and brandishing a piece of wood charges at you while you have a bunch of shiny armor on and are carrying a very sharp sword, take one slash to the face and then run off? I think it's a little immersion breaking since the undead are supposed to be more than just mindless zombies.

zhuliks

Insider
If anything, undeads should be less than just an mindless zombie. Zombie should not care, humans should care - in my opinion
They arent zombies or undead in classical manner, they are basically really depressed people who lost all will to live and then brought back to control their puny remains. They are more like asylum patients than undead or zombies.

Saetheer

Insider
They arent zombies or undead in classical manner, they are basically really depressed people who lost all will to live and then brought back to control their puny remains. They are more like asylum patients than undead or zombies.
If thats the story behind the population in the dungeon, I get it. However, Tyon was the one calling them undead

zhuliks

Insider
If thats the story behind the population in the dungeon, I get it. However, Tyon was the one calling them undead
They are undead by fact, I was referring to a mechanism and behavior patterns, they are undead, but work and act differently than the undead we are used to.

-Tim-

Insider
The debate about zombies and undead strikes me as rather pointless because in the universe of Sui Generis neither of these creatures exist. All we know is that a number of people in the dungeon of Exanima seem to have lost some of their 'soul', likely caused by some kind of surgery by Thaven and his clique. Maybe a more appropriate term for them would be 'Exanimates'.

zhuliks

Insider
The debate about zombies and undead strikes me as rather pointless because in the universe of Sui Generis neither of these creatures exist. All we know is that a number of people in the dungeon of Exanima seem to have lost some of their 'soul', likely caused by some kind of surgery by Thaven and his clique. Maybe a more appropriate term for them would be 'Exanimates'.
That all works until you meet mr skeltals, they arent exactly people who just lost their humanity.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.