T is for torch

Solinarius

Why do we even care about what's "the most obvious choice" in the first place? When I play Gauntlet: Slayer Edition, I see people using the easiest weapons and it makes it all the more fun for me when I use the most difficult weapons and perform far better than they are. If I'm going to use a sword, mace, or axe (regardless of it being 1h or 2h), it's going to be because I genuinely wanted to and I may disregard the consequences or benefits when making that choice and use them anyway. I'm going to be very bitter that the game is continually annoying me with arbitrary torch management, simply because I chose to use a two-handed weapon in that playthrough, but I'll still enjoy myself. I'm a chooser, not a power gamer. Let those people that choose to take the path of least resistant do so, and let us, the choosers, play the game without being penalized because of the way of the power gamer.

Tyon

IMO not being able to carry a torch with a 2-hander isn't much of a drawback, it's more of an annoyance. It's kinda immersion breaking when I have to run around like a headless chicken for a few seconds in order to get my 2-hander out from my inventory.

warmhotself

Insider
Hey Bare Mettle/everyone, so apologies if this is old news (I honestly haven't had time to read every post here), but I found a way to 2-hand and use the torch too. This might be unintentional, though!

I was trying to find the most viable way to wield a powerful weapon without being left in pitch blackness, and I discovered that if you have the inventory open, and start walking forward, you can then drag the torch out of your inventory and hold it in front of your character whilst walking (and wielding a 2 handed weapon), essentially lighting your way. And when you reach combat you can just release mouse 1 to drop the torch on the ground and kick some arse.

Again, sorry if this is old news, but it's been working well for me :)

wExx

Insider
Dragon's Dogma has a cool way of handling this. They use a lantern that you can hang on your waist.
It also runs on oil (with oil buckets scattered throughout the gameworld) so you have to manage the amount
of time using it or run out of light when you need it the most.

Greenbrog

Insider
BM already said they don't want to have "fuel". They don't like games that you're running around "collecting" the whole time. Also they don't want the game to be "gated" by mechanisms like that. More/different light sources would be nice though.

Mowglia

I was trying to find the most viable way to wield a powerful weapon without being left in pitch blackness, and I discovered that if you have the inventory open, and start walking forward, you can then drag the torch out of your inventory and hold it in front of your character whilst walking (and wielding a 2 handed weapon), essentially lighting your way. And when you reach combat you can just release mouse 1 to drop the torch on the ground and kick some arse.
Yup, another advantage of using the keys to move ;)

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.