The Movie Thread

BrecMadak

Insider
Let's see how many movie freaks in here are we !
Share your favourite movies, directors, soundtracks etc. or just your latest experience...
And if possible better to make it your routine.

Yesterday watched Falling Down after reading some reviews in imdb that being said Michael Douglas' best one. Can't speak for sure since it had been more than 10 years seeing The Game, however both are very good on their own way.
Douglas plays a disturbing soul from start of the movie till the end with a goal of arriving his home for his daughter, many things happen on the road.

Additionally it has a nice ost composed by James Newton Howard.

Scarecrow

Insider
Huh, haven't seen Falling Down, perhaps i'll check it out.

As for some of my favorite movies: LOTR Trilogy, The Last Samurai, and Gladiator. Everyone knows of LOTR I'm sure, but the other two are the two greatest single movies I've seen in my life. Too tired to talk about what the two others are about, but they are very good. Besides, I'm sure many of you know of them already.

Oona

Insider
Oooo! I loved The Fountain, Se7en, and Cube 2.
Falling Down sounds awesome, so I'll watch that soon! :D

Solaris and Europa Report are amazing. They are both Sci-fi, so I imagine y'all will like them, and they take place in space.

Parco

Dawn of the dead (1978) and (2004) are quite good movies. 28 days/weeks later are also nice movies to watch on the first date :)
i like watching most movies as long as they got a good story so i dont know what any other movies to mention, more might be edited in later.

BrecMadak

Insider
@ZaratanCho Akira and Oldboy gotto be the best ones from that list, though They Live was a real fun at some scenes ! And I bet Oona meant the original Solaris .)

@Parco Folgore Didn't watch the remake which I very rarely do, but classics are damn classics. Though my favourite in that serie would go to Day of the Dead :cool:

Gone with this unforgettable experience yesterday night, my second watch after about 10 years or so, it was yet again spectacular without loosing any charm for sure ! It is eerie, surreal,
impeccable and unsurpassable;

As soon as my Tarkovsky daze wears off, decided to watch Jean-Luc Godard's Vivre Sa Vie (My Life to Live)

A worthy film that tells the life of Parisian woman and her slow descent into prostitution in twelve episodes. Starring the danish beauty Anna Karina; film contains some interesting dialogues at times, Godard handled the movie with all the truths from real life, hence the ending was on the bitter side.

Last edited:

BrecMadak

Insider
Watched this klassick yesterday, casting of Bogart was really cool as usual. He played a rageful greedy bastard; lots of money issues pass about a human's greediness and how money changes him; though the ending is a total joke (in a good way) with excellent ongoing score of Max Steiner which fits very well ! A recommended adventure definitly !

Last edited:

BrecMadak

Insider

You know Paul Newman never dissapoints, yet in this classic he shows his great performance as usual. A very realistic and a very entertaining flick from start to finish quite a memorable piece too ! With George Kennedy being a supporting role you won't feel how time pass ! Quite a worthy watch, mind you.

Second time watching just for pure pleasure to remind this immortal adaptation of Alistair MacLean's novel once again. No words needed for those who haven't watch it yet, consider yourselves a lucky bastard, 'nuff said. :cool:

PS. Wow, never know I will be alone.

Last edited:

BrecMadak

Insider

This was quite a different approaching movie, from the perfect cinematography to mesmerizing scenery, everything went top notch in this Herzog masterpiece of cinema; slowly developing plot but leaves a unique feeling; requires an acquired taste. One of Kinski's better performances for sure !
Btw I suppose costumes designs seems to be accurate for 15th century Spain, therefore also recommended who interests in medieval time.(eventhough no combat ever exist)

Watched this Coen brothers' debut movie tonight, great quality of filming and full of unpredictive passing thrilling moments. Very intense and tensioner piece. Not to be missed for film noir fans.

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.