Thoughts and Ideas General

If I remember correctly they said it'll likely be at the first locked door.
Like seriously... Little wingers turning the game into easy mode. Why in the lords name do we need a Checkpoint that is like 20meters from the room u start in. Oh wow got killed by undead, "we need save, why shud we be killed". I really hope the mainstream crowd doesn't ruin this game.

Tony

Insider
Like seriously... Little wingers turning the game into easy mode. Why in the lords name do we need a Checkpoint that is like 20meters from the room u start in. Oh wow got killed by undead, "we need save, why shud we be killed". I really hope the mainstream crowd doesn't ruin this game.
Perhaps it was in the room the main key is located in... I just remember Madoc mentioning it had something to do with the key. I never play with checkpoints so not too worried about it. I think he also said there will be no more checkpoints after the portal.

Perhaps it was in the room the main key is located in... I just remember Madoc mentioning it had something to do with the key. I never play with checkpoints so not too worried about it. I think he also said there will be no more checkpoints after the portal.
No more checkpoints?! Noooooooooooo. Double standard, but I am afraid of sir. :confused::eek:

ZaratanCho

Insider
Its on the door you unlock that is to the left of starting room. Saw it on a stream, its already in.

Pretty sure Madoc said there will be no more checkpoints after portal. That will be 7-8 levels with no checkpoints ? ;d That's what i gathered ;d

Tyon

Here's a couple more armor and weapon suggestions:

Gothic Armor - Probably one of the coolest looking IRL armor ever.

Ottoman Armor - Not sure what it's called, but it looks really cool. This is more of a suggestion for SG since a set of Eastern armor would look really out of place in Exanima.

Burgonet - I know it's a little too Renaissance-like, but it just looks so cool! I know there's a similar looking helmet secretly placed somewhere in the dungeon already, but it just looks a little flat, not sure why.

Estoc - I think this would fit more into Exanima than a Rapier personally. Obviously this sword is for when stabbing is added into the game.

Kriegsmesser - Such a badass cutter, I really hope this thing is included in-game sometime in the future.

SwordJoe

Hi there,
i got the game a few weeks ago and am loving it! the combat feels very real and i am really into the arena mode. so far i have not gotten around to thinking about the insane amount of possibilities this game has when it comes to a kind of single-player/adventure experience. I want to say a few things regarding some discussions in this forum and make some suggestions on my own. This is all about the arena-mode which i think is a great feature already as it is. of course multi-player would be a very nice feature but to me honest i would totally be ok with this game (as well as Sui Generis) being mainly focused on single player with a DS like multi-player feature maybe. Arena sure would be fun against other dudes though and i really hope the mode will stay available in the full game as well in as in the next.
I also read often that it would be cool to see limps flying and stuff like that. I agree but also have to say that i find the combat really enjoyable as it is and really hope that the focus will stay on the actual combat and a nicely balanced weight and damage system. I think being able to cut of limps would be kind of the cherry on top (and i know that is a very strange sentence) but is not necessary or essential for the game(s).
So here my suggestions:

Arena Mode
  • Transferable character (so you can use one and the same character for single-player, arena and maybe multi-player. this would be nice for having access to more gear from the start but still having "earned" the equipment)

• Monster (The Arena could have some Monsters and include fights against multiple enemies as shown in one of the trailers where two knights fight a pissed of skeleton crew)

• Different Stages (There could be different rooms as well as areas on the outside in the arena mode. it would be even cooler to have them connected like the rooms in the dungeon for example. make it so you can move on to the next room after a fight instead of having to press a button)

• Single-player Implementation (The Arena could be implemented into the main game as a place the player can enter from the game-world)

So that are my ideas for now. I am so glad this game was made and i cant wait to see what happens with Exanima and Sui Generis. It would be really nice to see something fresh and i think both games will find a solid fan and player base!
Enough talking! I have to get back to hitting the fools in their heads
and go deeper into the dungeon.
hasta manana friends!! keep on fighting!

Last edited:

Ruusunpuna

Insider
Hey SwordJoe, glad you enjoy the game!

The arena mode will get a complete overhaul with at least one new outdoor arena, characters with persistent experience and more varied fights. If I remember correctly you will also be able to buy new equipment and bet on npc fighters.

As for a connection between the dungeon and arena I don't think that will happen in Exanima. In Sui Generis though I think having an arena in the main world is quite possible :)

-Tim-

Insider
After reading some negative Steam reviews it appears to me that people are dying too often from sheer inexperience and not enough combat practice. Hence I'd like to suggest the following:

Add a popup message the first time someone clicks the 'New game' button, saying something like:
We highly recommend honing your combat skills in the arena before starting a story playthrough. Do you feel confident in your combat prowess?
3 options:
Yes - No, bring me to the arena - How dare you question my gloriousness!?

Greenbrog

Insider
Um. The big disclaimer at the beginning says, "don't treat this game like others yet , unlearn everything you think you know. " and the planned tutorial just isn't priority yet. Suggestions for hand holding, while annoying, aren't unwarranted. My personal views aside, anything that is teaching or tutorial or guide oriented just isn't a priority yet. But on my views, I thought this game was about figuring it out on your own. Worrying about 100% market saturation, was never the business model.

-Tim-

Insider
Um. The big disclaimer at the beginning says, "don't treat this game like others yet , unlearn everything you think you know. "
Fair point, I hadn't seen that disclaimer yet but only just now read it through changing my .ini file! Very nice addition. That makes my popup idea rather obsolete. The message about the arena could still be added to the list of suggestions in the first disclaimer.

Zoltan

Supporter
Maybe I didn't search well enough but I have not seen clear information's about a possible modding support, can anybody provide feedback about this ?

Maybe I didn't search well enough but I have not seen clear information's about a possible modding support, can anybody provide feedback about this ?
I don't think they've really done anything about it yet, but it's one of the things they said that will happen in the future, just maybe not now.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.