Thoughts and Ideas General

In response to the person that wanted a first person view, i was going to suggest that as well because i find first person to be far more immersive, also because i have a HTC Vive.

But i quickly realized it simply would not work for this game due to the fact that its combat system is so deep and nuanced. That small movements of your characters body greatly impact the final out come of its actions. In real life this is the same way, but the difference in real life is that you can feel your body and its place in space. You can't feel that in a video game. So you need a perspective that allows you to actually see all of those slight movements.

Not sure if anyone's already suggested something similar to this: The ability to manipulate objects at a better angle, like maybe a fixed first person view or a closer view in general that allows finer control of whatever object you want to place, whether trapping a lever with a bench, placing a torch in a sconce, or maybe even barricading a door.

Last edited:

AnotherDuck

For object manipulation, I'd want a brief acceleration period for rotating stuff. Start a little slower for half a second or so, before it goes to the speed it is now. Even just tapping the button is a little too much if you want to be precise.

Roryn

Insider
For object manipulation, I'd want a brief acceleration period for rotating stuff. Start a little slower for half a second or so, before it goes to the speed it is now. Even just tapping the button is a little too much if you want to be precise.
I think that's a good idea, now that it's mentioned. It took me minutes just to get a torch back in its sconce. If the idea of acceleration isn't agreeable to other people, then I'd settle for something even slightly slower.

Hastur

I think it would be good to see some armor pieces that only cover one side of the body, like in the pic. It would offer less protection, obviously, but it could always be balanced with encumbrance, like, you can choose if you want to put on rerebraces that cover both arms and be heavier, or only one arm and be lighter. Aesthetically it would add a lot too, imo.

cduEcvS.png

Vanguarda

What do you guys think of kicking/stomping?

Yesterday playing at the dungeon, I made a zombie fall with his head on the wall, and you know that lower part of the wall that has sort of a curb? Zombie felt with his head right there, his face on the curb. Wish I could smash his head on that curb, it would look quite brutal!

Maybe it could work like, you press F to kick. If you aim at the opponent's chest, it does a kick to shove him back/unbalance/break initiative; if the opponent is on the floor, you get close, aim down to his face and press F to stomp him to death! Maybe the shoe you are wearing could deal more or less damage,as I think a metal shoe to the face would cause a serious wound if you have no protection tbh

Or imagine, you get some momentum and give this spartan kick on your opponent's knee, Idk if broken limbs and this sort of this is planned, but it could cause a very ugly wound, and with this nice physics system it would be really impressive lol, especially with the right voice actors, so you imagine your opponent screaming on the floor with the leg all backwards. It would be even more shocking if it happens to us imo. Is being incapacitated something planed?

I'm usually not very found of this idea of being incapacitated but keep alive tbh, but if this is already a thing, this kick idea could add to it imo. If its not, then better, because I don't like being incapacitated in the first place! Maybe if it just happens to the bots I would think its really gud, idk.

Last edited:

dabarrett

Insider
Replays would be awesome, to be able to watch the match you just did to see how you could improve or where you messed up, or just to see the satisfying skull crush you just landed for the win. Instead of just "EXIT" down at the bottom there could be a replay button as well

Hespect617

I've seen a lot of people push their personal suggestions and ideas into their posts for Sui Generis in the forums. I understand that many of us are excited about Sui Generis and would like to see it implement features we think would be really cool and game-improving.

I wanted to make a thread that would have these suggestions and ideas in one place instead of having them spread across the forums in an unorganized manner. We can also discuss each other's ideas and concepts for SG in here. Let it be a potpourri of the community's thoughts or suggestions so we have an outlet for our roused creativity as a result of the limited information that is disclosed (yet) by BME.

I would like to mention that Team Bare Mettle seems to have a strong personal vision concerning their game, and shouldn't take any of these ideas into consideration per se. This is merely a place for the community to share their fancies.
I've seen a lot of people push their personal suggestions and ideas into their posts for Sui Generis in the forums. I understand that many of us are excited about Sui Generis and would like to see it implement features we think would be really cool and game-improving.

I wanted to make a thread that would have these suggestions and ideas in one place instead of having them spread across the forums in an unorganized manner. We can also discuss each other's ideas and concepts for SG in here. Let it be a potpourri of the community's thoughts or suggestions so we have an outlet for our roused creativity as a result of the limited information that is disclosed (yet) by BME.

I would like to mention that Team Bare Mettle seems to have a strong personal vision concerning their game, and shouldn't take any of these ideas into consideration per se. This is merely a place for the community to share their fancies.
I think that your dev team's vision for this game will revolutionize PC RPG's. You basically accomplish complete immersion on the most technical levels.

I think you guys (and the entire community) would appreciate hearing about the Deus Ex 1 (the one made in 2000) dev team's philosophies on open-ended role playing experiences.

Roryn

Insider
Seeing as how SG has a time of year system alongside the time of day system, and dynamic weather, I wonder if we'll be seeing any snow falling in the game...

Imagine how awesome it would be seeing the snow creep up from the north/south. Heck, even if it didn't creep and, say, just appeared on the ground in certain places (northern/southern lands and mountains for example) at certain times during the years it'd be awesome. The atmosphere that snow lends to a fight or adventure is, in my opinion, close to unrivalled.

Well... that was a spark in mind after seening this image
What about some burning blood effects on any daemonic characters?
As when these evil ones take some cuts then fiery protuberances are bursting out.
That could be very impressive, especially in the dark places where "the powers of evil are exalted".

rsdnfsdn

Hey, just thought I'd chime in with some equipment I think would be well suited to the game, as they would suit the general aesthetic, add variety and even have a minor effect on gameplay.

So here are 3 items that I suggest:

1. Kettle hats
The simple kettle hat is one of my favorite types of helmets in history. It's an item that I think should be in this game for two reasons:
First and foremost, its shape is unlike other helmets in the game, giving it gameplay related significance. While the face is uncovered, the wide brim however provides tons of coverage from above, and simply moving the head can quickly protect the open areas.
The second is aesthetics. It just looks cool in a pragmatic sort of way, and as a bonus it has a sort of anonimizing effect because of the way it obscures the face from above, which is kinda neat.

2. Long upper body garments.
I'd like to see some ingame for more than just the sake of variety. To be honest, I think that a clothes and armors in the game look pretty short by medieval standards. Some knee-length tunics, jackets, gambesons and mail armor would both look cool and add additional protection/encumbrance. It would make sense to have some body armor that covers a fair amount of the thighs, especially in the case of people who are unlikely to wear much in terms of dedicated leg armor.

3. Puttees (of the wrapped variety)
Just some added flavor in the legwear department. Can provide extra armor, but they just mainly would fit well with the general style of the game. In realism/practicality terms, they're inexpensive, they protect your lower legs a bit, and they provide support, warmth and to a degree protect you from water and stuff as well. It would make sense for the "farmer" character type to start with some of these on their legs, for instance.

Tyon

Hey, just thought I'd chime in with some equipment I think would be well suited to the game, as they would suit the general aesthetic, add variety and even have a minor effect on gameplay.

So here are 3 items that I suggest:

1. Kettle hats
The simple kettle hat is one of my favorite types of helmets in history. It's an item that I think should be in this game for two reasons:
First and foremost, its shape is unlike other helmets in the game, giving it gameplay related significance. While the face is uncovered, the wide brim however provides tons of coverage from above, and simply moving the head can quickly protect the open areas.
The second is aesthetics. It just looks cool in a pragmatic sort of way, and as a bonus it has a sort of anonimizing effect because of the way it obscures the face from above, which is kinda neat.

2. Long upper body garments.
I'd like to see some ingame for more than just the sake of variety. To be honest, I think that a clothes and armors in the game look pretty short by medieval standards. Some knee-length tunics, jackets, gambesons and mail armor would both look cool and add additional protection/encumbrance. It would make sense to have some body armor that covers a fair amount of the thighs, especially in the case of people who are unlikely to wear much in terms of dedicated leg armor.

3. Puttees (of the wrapped variety)
Just some added flavor in the legwear department. Can provide extra armor, but they just mainly would fit well with the general style of the game. In realism/practicality terms, they're inexpensive, they protect your lower legs a bit, and they provide support, warmth and to a degree protect you from water and stuff as well. It would make sense for the "farmer" character type to start with some of these on their legs, for instance.
Idk about the other 2 but I'm pretty sure kettle hats will be added at some point, I mean they're a very iconic medieval helmet that was used for a very long time.

Syllabear3

I am playing arena without armor and is wonderful.
That i notice is that strikes are like soft, without force even when they do a lot of damage. I think they should be faster.

Torxe

I am playing arena without armor and is wonderful.
That i notice is that strikes are like soft, without force even when they do a lot of damage. I think they should be faster.
*points at overhead strikes* ...*recalls reading about smoother animations in next update* -> *grins*

bobchaos

I'd like a small quality of life feature: Point at a section of your paper doll, get the cumulative protection afforded by all your layers of armor that cover it.

*slight edit*

Probably best if you need to press shift or alt or something, just so it doesn't get in the way of actually grabbing your gear

*final edit* I was going back through this thread and it seems saedriss beat me to the punchline o_O

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.