Thoughts and Ideas General

Tony

Insider
Strange, I thought for sure that I saw something about friendly NPC dialogue being part of the planned feature set. It would be nice if it were fairly robust =D I do like that books and other clues in Exanima seem to drive the story and give the underworld more depth (I can't wait to discover what happened to that necromancer!)

In my opinion, true RPGs are "story" before "stats/abilities" but contain both, even if the "stats" portion is simple (or hidden). From what I have read so far, the Dev team seems to also encourage the player to choose wisely before engaging in combat, avoiding it if its not necessary. Maddoc himself stated somewhere that he was a big fan of the Thief series and wouldn't mind seeing some of that style of gameplay in SG as well.

Which skills/abilities are currently activatable? (I also couldn't figure out how to thrust, mind you)

Jenn BRD
Thrusting is hold alt + LMB by default but you can change the modifier key from alt to something else in the game options menu if you prefer (I personally use a side mouse button for thrusts).

There will be dialogue in Exanima but it will be more limited in both quantity and functionality when compared to Sui Generis. Encountering other humans in the Underworld is rare since not many people willingly visit the Underworld. Dialogue will work similar to games such as Morrowind.

Thrusting is hold alt + LMB by default but you can change the modifier key from alt to something else in the game options menu if you prefer (I personally use a side mouse button for thrusts).

There will be dialogue in Exanima but it will be more limited in both quantity and functionality when compared to Sui Generis. Encountering other humans in the Underworld is rare since not many people willingly visit the Underworld. Dialogue will work similar to games such as Morrowind.
I was definitely talking about Sui Generis. That open world is just too awesome and I can't wait to get lost in it!

Exanima is awesome, and a great teaser for the masterpiece that will be Sui Generis =)

Stekkmen

They play easy the first match, they will get harder the more you play. I already explained this... you just faced a zombie, they do nothing.

And stop giving bad ideas to stroke ur epeen. "Oh i have literally no problems with the new system".
It was really okay before, now battles are long and really boring.
My hireling won 0 against shield with a maul equiped.

"It's not easy"
Lol you are saying that is super easy and easier than before the whole time. Pick one and provide the evidence.
God these russians with alt accounts...

What is easier now is 2h swords against poles for example. But also awesome sword vs sword, im having a blast now.

ps: and if it is that easy you should all upload a vid showing it, because is not suposed to be so easy or easier than before as you say, if not more of a challenge. Then devs failed if you find it so friggin easy.

Forgot to mention my tactic: aim to their feet then to their head with a remise attack. Left to right works, but not allways, they can block and hit you. And i dont like shitty shields hitting me. So remise and bashing their shield until run out of life are the best options for me, and the safest. They still stand when you bash their shield constantly. The more range and the more quicker the weapon the better.
With maul my character fell to the ground several times after hiting their feet, totally absurd.
I never said it was easy, I said that not every single shield fight is some super impossible battle.

And...what?
Russians with alt accounts?
What the hell does that even mean?

And who, pray tell, actually gives a fuck about whether or not your hireling won with a Maul? Going once, going twice! Aaaaaand no one. No one cares about that your hirelings lost some matches. I'm not even sure how you think that's even a point.

How can you say I faced a zombie? What? I literally told you I was playing in the Expert Arena. Fighting shields is NO harder than before, in fact, shields have been nerfed. Are you just salty or something that you didn't instantly win every fight with a maul? Come on, dude.

Strange, I thought for sure that I saw something about friendly NPC dialogue being part of the planned feature set. It would be nice if it were fairly robust =D I do like that books and other clues in Exanima seem to drive the story and give the underworld more depth (I can't wait to discover what happened to that necromancer!)

In my opinion, true RPGs are "story" before "stats/abilities" but contain both, even if the "stats" portion is simple (or hidden). From what I have read so far, the Dev team seems to also encourage the player to choose wisely before engaging in combat, avoiding it if its not necessary. Maddoc himself stated somewhere that he was a big fan of the Thief series and wouldn't mind seeing some of that style of gameplay in SG as well.

Which skills/abilities are currently activatable? (I also couldn't figure out how to thrust, mind you)

Jenn BRD
Yes, NPC's are planned to be in Exanima. It'll be text based interaction. I also like the idea of boating, but I'm not quite sure how it'll be implemented into the game, both with programming and with gameplay. I'm also not sure it'd be particularly...fun.

Swimming also faces those issues. I'm not even sure I can comprehend the nightmare of making a physics based swimming animation.

Syllabear3

I never said it was easy, I said that not every single shield fight is some super impossible battle.

And...what?
Russians with alt accounts?
What the hell does that even mean?

And who, pray tell, actually gives a fuck about whether or not your hireling won with a Maul? Going once, going twice! Aaaaaand no one. No one cares about that your hirelings lost some matches. I'm not even sure how you think that's even a point.

How can you say I faced a zombie? What? I literally told you I was playing in the Expert Arena. Fighting shields is NO harder than before, in fact, shields have been nerfed. Are you just salty or something that you didn't instantly win every fight with a maul? Come on, dude.
Oh god... your brain.exe just stoped working.
From an "improvement" from devs part to a "shield have been nerfed" from you... Okay this is absolutly nonsensical.
And no, ai have similar skills, and if something fails MORE several times than works is because something is going wrong (hell, even my hireling just rekt everything and i am not just creating it, as you can see in the thread "videos and screenshots... but suddenly fails when maul added? Heh something is wrong you know). But your capacity to think is just simply off.

You are just a waste of time and you dont worth my attention. Have a nice day.

bobchaos

I'ma bow out before this gets uncivilized...
And there it is, this just got uncivilized!

You know Sylla, in civilized societies, we try to present "arguments". These "arguments" on built on solid foundations of pre-established knowledge and logic. Your reply to Stekkmen up there lacked this "argument" thing, replacing it instead with poorly crafted insults my 5 year old niece has also come up with, so you don't even get points for originality there.

Stek, piece of advice, syllabear3 is best ignored, as you've witnessed he has fringe opinions that he'll defend to the bitter end, no matter what, while always failing to provide reasoning or valid arguments. Should you point that out, he'll just go for insults (see above!) or what he thinks is a "challenge" (again, examples further up in this thread). Too bad pistol duels at dawn fell out of fashion, he would have liked that :/

Point is, he's so predictable, you shouldn't even answer him. It's way more fun to watch him flail pathetically in a vain attempt to defend an opinion no one else cares about, least of all the devs. I'll be doing just that myself when he replies to this comment very shortly!

Syllabear3

Wow not even quoting me so i dont notice you are directly messaging me.
I asked you both to show gameplay so we can see how you "rekt" every shield user using maul, since you say is easier than before and "shield got nerfed".
Not an answer but posts filled with drama and teenager whisperings with your so lovely friend.
----

Please consider adding some kind of Lars Andersen skills to the exanima ranged gameplay!! That would be awesome and would take actually skill... like picking arrows middle air (you need to click them to actually catch'em).

Here few things he can do with bows, that can be used as skills in exanima!!

"(...) it penetrates chain mail and heavy gambeson (...)"... rip melee!!! Wow.

Last edited:

Stekkmen

I asked you both to show gameplay so we can see how you "rekt" every shield user using maul, since you say is easier than before and "shield got nerfed".
Not an answer but posts filled with drama and teenager whisperings with your so lovely friend.
----

Please consider adding some kind of Lars Andersen skills to the exanima ranged gameplay!! That would be awesome and would take actually skill... like picking arrows middle air (you need to click them to actually catch'em).

It'd be pretty annoying if enemies could just grab your arrows out of the air. That actually sounds anti-fun.

Player: Let me just shoot this arrow at this archer...

Game: No, fuck you. He caught it and threw it back.

Player: What? How?

Game: Syllabear wills it to be so!

Edit: And yes, Shields DID get nerfed. Enemies used to have infinite shield stamina, now they don't. The only thing now is that higher level shield users have access to some new abilities.

And the way you said RIP Melee...is uh...what? You know the whole game is melee, right? this isn't going to be a Lars Andersen simulator. It's going to be balanced, and probably riskier to use than just a sword n' board.

rsdnfsdn

----

I very strongly hope you're not serious with that Lars Andersen rubbish.

Syllabear3

It'd be pretty annoying if enemies could just grab your arrows out of the air. That actually sounds anti-fun.

Player: Let me just shoot this arrow at this archer...

Game: No, fuck you. He caught it and threw it back.

Player: What? How?

Game: Syllabear wills it to be so!

Edit: And yes, Shields DID get nerfed. Enemies used to have infinite shield stamina, now they don't. The only thing now is that higher level shield users have access to some new abilities.

And the way you said RIP Melee...is uh...what? You know the whole game is melee, right? this isn't going to be a Lars Andersen simulator. It's going to be balanced, and probably riskier to use than just a sword n' board.
Oh my god... did you know that a good blow could DIRECTLY lower your stamina bar even if you blocked??? Did you know that attack and block at the same time were NOT posible before? Those two factors made maul viable against shields. I am not expecting someone like you understand this anyways, dont worry.

And why cant an enemy catch an arrow if he is skilled enough? Or deviate it with his weapon, shield or simply moving? Oh you want to play mu online, you are in the wrong forum boi.

ps: you can sneak and catch your enemy off-guard and land him an arrow.
And is not anti fun if you can do it too, you can save your own ass clicking the arrow middle air, or block it... deviate it with your melee weapon. Heck, it makes it more interesting.

Last edited:

Stekkmen

Oh my god... did you know that a good blow could DIRECTLY lower your stamina bar even if you blocked??? Did you know that attack and block at the same time were NOT posible before? Those two factors made maul viable against shields. I am not expecting someone like you understand this anyways, dont worry.

And why cant an enemy catch an arrow if he is skilled enough? Or deviate it with his weapon, shield or simply moving? Oh you want to play mu online, you are in the wrong forum boi.

ps: you can sneak and catch your enemy off-guard and land him an arrow.
And is not anti fun if you can do it too, you can save your own ass clicking the arrow middle air, or block it... deviate it with your melee weapon. Heck, it makes it more interesting.
I can't believe anyone who actually plays this game thinks it's a good idea to have ridiculous games of Catch with arrows.

Did you know that now, once an enemy's shield stamina is slow, they actually have less time to react to your attacks? Wow. Amazing. It's almost as if shields were REALLY GOOD in real life!

Syllabear3

I can't believe anyone who actually plays this game thinks it's a good idea to have ridiculous games of Catch with arrows.

Did you know that now, once an enemy's shield stamina is slow, they actually have less time to react to your attacks? Wow. Amazing. It's almost as if shields were REALLY GOOD in real life!
It doesn't feel like it, seriously.

Some trick shooter with a cult following who tries to pass off all the stuff he does as historically accurate even though most of it is rubbish and would get you killed in an actual fight.
I don't really care of hystory. I do care of what he can do.

Even if he tried to catch that arrow 100 times, he did it. Or turn 180 and no scope an arrow middle air.
Yourself can try it and see that you will fail every time, because your lazzy existence cant achieve nothing but being a critic and nansayer everything that others achieve with years of effort and practice.

"Trick shooter", lol. I think a trickshooter can penetrate your brain through your eye sockets. So chain mails and gambeson with such tiny bow heh.

But hey, everyone know archers as guys that stand there aiming for 20 seconds a non moving target, he must be trickering his videos ;)

I lose faith on humans evry tiem.

Last edited:

bobchaos

I can't quite tell if sylla's doing the whole Lars Anderson thing because he genuinely believes it would make a good addition to the game or because he thinks that will finally get me mad, but either way it's pretty hillarious! XD

Elaxter

Insider
Isn't Lars Anderson a meme shooter? I think I first heard of him getting criticized on 4chan, or by some comments on a Skallagrim video. Sad people actually think the things he's doing is historically accurate. You wouldn't call a skill shooter with a shotgun a high level soldier ready to be put on the front lines.

Syllabear3

I like those self entitlements.

I don't know why you are so salty over an idea. It would be amazing to see "trick shots/ tricks" in exanima...

There are plenty of melee "tricks" that no one can do irl, why not some for bows?

Who is John Galt Lars Andersen?
He is an amazing archer that triggers everyone with his skills, which lead them to believe its all fake or part of a movie/prank.

For example everyone, included "profesional" archers, shoot their bow with the arrow in the left side of said instrument. So because Lars says it is better in the right side (explained in his videos), everyone need to shame him in order to not look stupid for believing in the movies they've seen about archering in gral.

Another move they do is call what he does "tricks" as an insult. But then even loading a rifle quicker could be called trickerism. Don't try to understand this nonsense.

But well, lets stop talking about this amazing guy, you already can see how triggered everyone gets, spaming childish summer attacks.
They even want to increase their post count, giving likes to each other to increase fame for what??? I will never understand kids...

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.