What have you done with the swordman...

Syllabear3

from the expert arena? He is a literal beast now, cant defeat :c

Great job to debs, im enjoying dueling with him.

Syllabear3

The idea is to duel him without armour.
And yes i know wide arcs releasing button before it lands usually gets him easy. But is not fun to abuse that.

Upload a vid please, i actually learn from watching. I improved my gameplay seeing Toni vid.

Hartigan

Upload it? Sure thing.
I'll finish dinner quickly and post one right up!

EDIT: Oh, I should ask beforehand. Any height or physique restrictions? Do I just create the average character?

Syllabear3

Upload it? Sure thing.
I'll finish dinner quickly and post one right up!

EDIT: Oh, I should ask beforehand. Any height or physique restrictions? Do I just create the average character?
Use what you like. I usually use the tallest and strong type (probably thats why my character is kinda slow against that quick sword of him and his body type, need confirmation from a better player).

Welp could rip him. That strike to the face made me lol.

Last edited:

Hartigan

Currently uploading the video. I seem to have taken damage, while rubbing on his sword.(pleasedon'tquoteoutofcontext)

Sword lady, on the other hand...
Now I remember why I hated her when I started playing.

EDIT: I need a new video converter. Seems that the one I'm using doensn't notice I can run the game over 25fps

Syllabear3

LOL i just trusted her face so hard that faceplanted her face on the floor.

What video recorder do you use??? I remember shadowplay giving me low quality vids. Fraps was a mess, i couldnt record with it many games.
For video editing ive been using videopad.

Hartigan

I use both Fraps and Shadowplay, and they record really smoothly here. The problem is during the compression. FreemakeVC only recognizes the videos as 25fps, for some reason. I'll check videopad out.

Hartigan

And finally, here it is. I'm not happy with my performance, but it was my first fight against him. I'll give it a try again later, then I'll make sure video available in 720p60fps

Syllabear3

Ey man, sorry to tell you but thats not how he plays against me... those strikes, he would block them all.

I was playing a dota match heh. Thanks for the upload tho.

Last edited:

Hartigan

Perhaps it does look the same, but there are finer details it's hard to catch on.
I see that in Dark Souls bosses a lot. Two different players trying the same approach and getting different results, but both being able to replicate their own results with accuracy.

One thing I haven't seen many people commenting on:
Do you move directions mid-overhead to throw a diagonal cut? All my overheads are like that to some extent, maybe that's what's different, but it's hard to notice.

Also, it's nothing, sorry for the upload quality. Could you also upload one of your fights? I'm curious to see how other people fight.

Syllabear3

Perhaps it does look the same, but there are finer details it's hard to catch on.
I see that in Dark Souls bosses a lot. Two different players trying the same approach and getting different results, but both being able to replicate their own results with accuracy.

One thing I haven't seen many people commenting on:
Do you move directions mid-overhead to throw a diagonal cut? All my overheads are like that to some extent, maybe that's what's different, but it's hard to notice.

Also, it's nothing, sorry for the upload quality. Could you also upload one of your fights? I'm curious to see how other people fight.
I dont really know... i duel him almost all the time and in your vid he is not responsive at all. If i would try any of those hits you do he would cut me after blocking them. Is like you really need to catch him off guard.
You may be right in the aproach thing tho.

For overheads i usually step forward when releasing the hit, a tiny stepback when landing, crouching while falling and releasing the button before the hit lands. That makes the strike stop in the middle of your body and you are able to block. But then if i do that he would cut me...

Hartigan

Perhaps it's just because you raise the sword so much?
I noticed the enemies get a lot more aggressive with button clicking. Even if you cancel, it's like they register that you're acting, and try to act on their own to counter it. If you don't click as much, they get more defensive.

I would really like to test it somehow, but first we would need to devise a proper test, and I'm all out of ideas for that.

Syllabear3

Perhaps it's just because you raise the sword so much?
I noticed the enemies get a lot more aggressive with button clicking. Even if you cancel, it's like they register that you're acting, and try to act on their own to counter it. If you don't click as much, they get more defensive.

I would really like to test it somehow, but first we would need to devise a proper test, and I'm all out of ideas for that.
This is a really good point, i click a lot. Ill upload a vid.
Reinstalled fraps... the other day gave ctd.

See? blocks that should work he bypass them.

If you are going to try videopad, exporting as avi gives you good quality.

Last edited:

Hartigan

I'll finish watching this movie and give it a try. I'll try to record fighting him on my own way, then on yours, and upload a video of both as comparison. Also, I'll grab a shirt from the novice arena. I hate fighting naked, hahaha.

Syllabear3

I'll finish watching this movie and give it a try. I'll try to record fighting him on my own way, then on yours, and upload a video of both as comparison. Also, I'll grab a shirt from the novice arena. I hate fighting naked, hahaha.
I am waiting for russian to make interesting mods :c

MindSliver

This is a really good point, i click a lot. Ill upload a vid.
Reinstalled fraps... the other day gave ctd.

I think I see the reason that your swordsman seems more aggressive than others. If you notice early in your video you are throwing a lot of attacks from out of range as well as while moving backwards without actually threatening your opponent. Whenever you move back the opponent will move forward but it works in the reverse too. If you drive toward them that forces them back to maintain measure. Anyways the point is not to rush them but to bait them. When they step in to attack you take a small step back to avoid the strike and then counter attack. Your final strike, the overhead that killed him is a prime example. He stepped in to attack, you stepped back, his strike missed you and you stepped back IN and dropped him. The defense in this latest patch is excellent so just throwing strikes that don't correspond with your opponents actions are almost useless. Just make sure you're watching what your opponent is doing and respond accordingly. If you throw attacks without them being open, it just leaves you open which is why you get counter-cut.

Good kill by the way : ) cheers.

Syllabear3

I think I see the reason that your swordsman seems more aggressive than others. If you notice early in your video you are throwing a lot of attacks from out of range as well as while moving backwards without actually threatening your opponent. Whenever you move back the opponent will move forward but it works in the reverse too. If you drive toward them that forces them back to maintain measure. Anyways the point is not to rush them but to bait them. When they step in to attack you take a small step back to avoid the strike and then counter attack. Your final strike, the overhead that killed him is a prime example. He stepped in to attack, you stepped back, his strike missed you and you stepped back IN and dropped him. The defense in this latest patch is excellent so just throwing strikes that don't correspond with your opponents actions are almost useless. Just make sure you're watching what your opponent is doing and respond accordingly. If you throw attacks without them being open, it just leaves you open which is why you get counter-cut.

Good kill by the way : ) cheers.
I apreciate the advise, and i really understand your point.
I dont think is a good idea to play agresive or stand my ground. If i stay, he outplays me, outweapon me and outgear me. He is really responsive and we can be crossing swords a good amount of time until he gets the hit because i lose concentration. I do it with the other challengers and it really works, because they are slower and predictable.
I would try that kind of gameplay with my character dressed (and i did) where i can risk being hit.

Don't take this as a complain since i really enjoy having a challenge. I would like to directly fight this guy instead of the others (they almost never cause me troubles).

Welp i flawlessed him

It seems that i can only play angry.

Last edited:

Hartigan

I did some testing, a little bit of recording but I'm not happy with the results. I can't notice any correlation between clicking and aggressiveness. Posting it here would be unnecessary, and it wouldn't be much different from the video I posted earlier.

Also, congratulations on the perfect fight, Sylla. I find it the most annoying thing that he always clips my hands, hahaha

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.