Will Sue Generis include modification support?

Ruusunpuna

Insider
From the
Grand list of dev quotes on features

Modding:

We will do whatever we can to make this possible but we're not yet comfortable with promising a complete modding solution. Some of the more advanced features currently require significant technical knowledge and providing a broad user friendly experience could prove challenging. Please consider that our resources are limited.

EDIT. As ZaratanCho pointed out, the FAQ also says the following:

Will an editor / modding tool be included with the game?

Most likely yes, but we're not comfortable promising it just yet. We have made significant progress on this front but please consider that our resources are limited.

Last edited:
Thanck you for answer! But modding includes not only changings of core game mechanics (althou, technical difficulties will not stop anyone, see havok support mods for skyrim ^_^), but also scripting (AI behaviour etc), adding quests, items and so on. Anyway, i hope they manage to include some modding tools, event if not on release.

Faelivrin

Insider
From the little we have seen and heard, i would say they use use some really promising tools already! i am really hoping they release them at some point, even if the support is limited. I am pretty sure we would see wonders if those tools were in modder's hands.

I must admit i have been trying to decompress the game files a lil :oops: probably not something the devs would be happy with... but i just cannot wait to put my hands on those cool assets :D

lvk

Insider
@Faelivrin I believe Madoc doesn't mind too much as long as the tools (or worse, the assets, which I believe would be illegal) don't become public. The general idea is that BM first wants a chance to deliver the game as they've envisioned it, with all the mystery and intrigue intact.

(edit) I'm pretty sure that includes information about the assets, or anything not readily available to the end user that may negatively affect someone's game experience.

Last edited:

Faelivrin

Insider
Yeah i am with you. And on some part i really would hate spoiling the mystery this way. But there is some kind of internal dilemma withing me on this topic. I love learning how stuff works, and don't stop until i understand. But often that means i can't fully immerse on the game anymore, as i am only observing the technical side of things. Watching what works and what doesn't and thinking in ways to improve.

On any case even if i managed to import the models on blender, or take a look to the scripts, i didn't planned to share the contents on any kind of way until (and if) the devs consider it appropriate. I respect content licensing and permissions, even more if it comes from small creators.

ZaratanCho

Insider
Yup and this is from About>FAQ
Will an editor / modding tool be included with the game?

Most likely yes, but we're not comfortable promising it just yet. We have made significant progress on this front but please consider that our resources are limited.
Things are pretty different here though so adding ''quests'' and messing with AI etc will probably be very difficult without good modding tools.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.