You all praise the two games for unique physics, but forget another great thing.

zhuliks

Insider
Its pretty rare for modern rpg's to have items that look like they work, being defined by functionality and thus look beautiful. Sure there is a place for ornamentation and such, but those things shouldnt come before functionality.
things like theese should only come in nightmares:

So I praise the developers for giving us beautiful armors and weapons.
P.S.: no slot armor equipment works with armors like a charm.

zhuliks

Insider
WHY? WHY?

What sort of a sick deviated prevert would even post such abominations?!

:p
Im sorry, I did it for future generations, it had to be done.

I've heard there is an island of whole nation of sick deviated preverts who only prefer such things. They even MAKE and play games with those things and dont trow up.

tiny lampe

Insider
Honestly I'd LOVE it if BM added fantasy weapons and armors in Sui Generis. Think about it for a moment:

bikini armors + accurate hit detection system = the wet dream of any archer

oversized and spiky fantasy weapons + laws of physics = slow to swing, totally throw you off balance after missing, and you even hurt yourself when blocking.

The ultimate mockery to all those fasntasy weapons and armors would be to add them to a game world where physics mean something. And BM are in an unusually good position to do just that thanks to their physics engine. Plus, doing so would generate tons of publicity. 'Sui Generis: the game that reminded us why fantasy weapons only exist in fantasy'. The word-of-mouth would be epic.

zhuliks

Insider
Now, I noticed last sword on the second picture has feathers on. FEATHERS! Thats actually might be the most functional sword of them all.

Imagine if the guardian deep below in Exanima is immune to all physical and magic damage, but is absolutely terrified of tickles!

zhuliks

Insider
The ultimate mockery to all those fasntasy weapons and armors would be to add them to a game world where physics mean something. .
I thought of it while looking on the pictures I posted, but in a bit different way. I though it would be nice if a game or a movie/anime had functional things and one character would be so into fantasy things that he would order something like that sword with rings on the 2nd picture. He would be ridiculed by his companions, but say they are all stupid and dont get it.

Then in a fight scene the sword would break by the handle in the first hit.

Easter egg Gutts Dragonslayer sword (from Berserk) would be interesting in Sui Generis indeed - you equip the sword and immidiatly fall down unable to get up untill you throw it away.

Imagine a huge sword that u find from a big statue monster in a dungeon, you can barely lift it and can do some devastating swings, but you have to literally drag it everywhere, when you try to put it in your inventory it shud say "error item too freaking big". People wud try to drag it and eventually give up, or carry it home for novelty.

Hartigan

I missed a game where you could wear the same armor, regardless of who you are (#GoArmorEquality)
I also appreciate the realistic weapons and somewhat realistic combat, would love to see footwork and other techniques implemented!

And @RobG, Skall has a lot of great content, and I only discovered this game after a friend of mine heard about it on Skallagrim's subreddit!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.