Your Favorite RPG(s)?

nox

Insider
It's good?
Yeah I'm playing it right now, it's great. For me, it's what D3 should have been. It's very much like D2 in visual design, but has some different interesting game mechanics. :) Also it's free so no reason not to try it!

Komuflage

Insider
It's good?
Imo, a bit to easy at the moment (Would be nice to be able to change difficulty) so I can't really play for more than 30min each session, however, the game have the most awesome "skill tree" system I've ever seen, it's quite complex, but I love it. Your pretty much able to customize you character just how you want it. Like nox says, It's free, so no reason not to try it.

dktne

Imo, a bit to easy at the moment (Would be nice to be able to change difficulty) so I can't really play for more than 30min each session, however, the game have the most awesome "skill tree" system I've ever seen, it's quite complex, but I love it. Your pretty much able to customize you character just how you want it. Like nox says, It's free, so no reason not to try it.
After beating the first difficulty, there are two more that can be unlocked. I've heard those are much harder.

Komuflage

Insider
After beating the first difficulty, there are two more that can be unlocked. I've heard those are much harder.
Yea I know, but I don't want to grind for 30H just so I can get some challenging gameplay.

I much prefer how Torchlight 2 did it, where you could chose difficulty, and when you've completed the game, you get into New Game +

Mello

Insider
Dark souls and pokemon :p I'm getting PoE when I get my new computer

EDIT: Oh and skyrim, just for the open-worldlyness.

Aarius

Temple of Elemental Evil because of tactic style D&D.
Baldur's Gate 2, Icewind Dale 1 & 2 - great, old style stories.
Planescape Torment - splendid companions and protagonist.
NWN 1 - lots of modifications and Deekin.
Witcher 1 & 2 - Games that contunue books.
Arcanum - clever combination of magick and steampunk.
Dragon Age Origins - almost classical story about knight and dragon.
Gothic 1 & 2
Mount & Blade Warband - thousands of mods and nice combat control.
LotR War in the North - Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!
Two Worlds 1 & 2 - with patches these games are pretty good.

Luze Crosszeria

Supporter
Tormented Planescape
baldurs gate 1 @ 2
Soulbringer
Final fantasty 7
Fallout 1 @ 2... 3 and new vegas.
Morrowind: The elder scrolls
Witcher 1 @ 2
Dark souls
Neverwinter
Gothic III (not the forsaken gods one)
Icewind dale I, II
Deus Ex
Kings Bounty
Dishonored
Might & Magic Heroes... most of them is good. Or have thier charm.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R All of them.

These I recommend as I have played them all.

And I guess for messaure I'll add...
Skyrim: The Elder scrolls
It was afterall better than the awfull Oblivion
Why would you recommend Gothic III series, if you aren`t including the brilliant Gothic I, Gothic II, Gothic II Night of the Raven? Gothic III was just a half-cooked garbage comparing to these brilliant games. Definitely, my on of the most favorite RPG`s of all time...

Luze Crosszeria

Supporter
I will skip those good RPG`s which are already called here. Here is a list:
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura - how did you forget this brilliant work (Black Isle Studios - creators of Fallout I , II!)!...

Summoner (2001 if i remember right)
Daggerfall (elder scrolls series)
Ultima series
Gothic I, II (night of the raven) - Gothic III is half-garbage, Gothic IV - there is none... Only Arcania...R.I.P. Jowood productions.
Lionheart Legacy of the Crusader (Black Isle studios)
Goldenland I, II (steampunk rpg`s)
If you have much free time - Siege of Avalon (2001 if i remember right)

And if you like RPG/strategy mix then:
Mount and blade series with a good base of mods. For example, for mount and blade there are mods like : The last days of third age, Revenge of the Berserk, 1866, WW2 China battlefield, The Horde Lands v1.22 etc. For mount and blade: warband - light&darkness, Napoleonic wars (MP), Floris Expanded Mod Pack, Prophesy of Pendor etc. For Mount and blade: with fire and sword there is not much - Wfas enchanted. Can`t wait for mount and blade 2: Bannerlord...

Warlords Battlecry IV (so many hours played in this one)

Guild series (more like economic/strategy + partially RPG mix):
The Guild 2 (2006)
The Guild 2: Pirates of The European Sea - Expansion Pack (2007)
The Guild 2: Venice - Expansion Pack (2008
The Guild 2: Renaissance - Expansion Pack (2010)

Probably, could go on and on, but I will stop, because I fear to awaken a desire to play these games (part of them are still on my comp)

P.S. Too lazy to edit links to all.

Gusmil

Insider
Why would you recommend Gothic III series, if you aren`t including the brilliant Gothic I, Gothic II, Gothic II Night of the Raven? Gothic III was just a half-cooked garbage comparing to these brilliant games. Definitely, my on of the most favorite RPG`s of all time...

Worse rp compared to the older, but more enjoyable controlls, which compared to the other was great. That why I didnt care to mention the earlier one. I dont like the hostile tone which the controlls had in those games.

Cooper Holt

Insider
He was listing his favourite RPG's, not yours. o_O
If he says he likes Gothic III, let him. I don't judge. :p

Luze Crosszeria

Supporter
Worse rp compared to the older, but more enjoyable controlls, which compared to the other was great. That why I didnt care to mention the earlier one. I dont like the hostile tone which the controlls had in those games.
I`m sorry for previous comment. Apparently, was too hot-headed. Anyway, everyone have their own tastes and I shall respect that. Maybe, you see in Gothic III something I don`t or vice versa. The controls in older version were pretty "hostile" - especially you can feel it in close combat while engaging several opponents at once, but in Gothic III there were almost no diversity in close range attacks (the WASD combos were pretty nice in Gothic II and melee was enjoyable till the end comparing to Gothic III). Gothic III - just some kind of mouse spam and lame movements, but have more freedom. Both control systems have their pluses and minuses - the winner is chosen by personal preferences. Personally, I enjoyed that thrilling cycling around orc and getting chance to hit him for a bit, who can hit-spam you and kill in seconds in Gothic II (and they were real orcs not pussies). In Gothic III many characters lost their "edge". I mean, I meet Vatras in that damn desert and he says in similar words: "Beat it". That was quite a shock for me considering what I did for him and how grateful he was in Gothic II Night of the Raven. It was pretty touching, but there he was - a black person with amnesia and paranoia. There are many other characters too... In Gothic III characters lost it`s depth and I even hadn`t had patience to finish the game...:(

Lathspell

I was about to start a thread with something similar...

nothing that new to add, mine are:

Baldur's Gate I and II
Fallout 1, 2 and 3 instead of new vegas, because the atmosphere...I didn't feel new vegas like a post-apocalyptic game...just my opinion
TES: Morrowind, and maybe Skyrim
I was trying Wizadry 8 but I tried to change the keyboards and it didn't work properly and Couldn't fix it
and I'm Actually playing Arx Fatalis but I still can't find what's so awesome about this game

I was about to start a thread with something similar...

nothing that new to add, mine are:

Baldur's Gate I and II
Fallout 1, 2 and 3 instead of new vegas, because the atmosphere...I didn't feel new vegas like a post-apocalyptic game...just my opinion
TES: Morrowind, and maybe Skyrim
I was trying Wizadry 8 but I tried to change the keyboards and it didn't work properly and Couldn't fix it
and I'm Actually playing Arx Fatalis but I still can't find what's so awesome about this game

I've bought Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics last week for 3 euros. I know those are looong games. Should I just play them in order? I can't really spare the time but it was such a great bargain lol.

Lathspell

I've bought Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics last week for 3 euros. I know those are looong games. Should I just play them in order? I can't really spare the time but it was such a great bargain lol.
I play them in that order, but if you want to keep the storyline and timeline maybe you should check the timeline here http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline there you can see that the correct order is fallout 1, tactics and 2...

Lathspell

I started playing it right now, but since I played BG, Fallout and other RPGs don't feel the same with ol' good hack & slash.... :(

Komuflage

Insider
I don't like that much (ARPGs) like Diablo or this new Path of exile anymore
Oh ok now I get it :)

Well personally I treat "cRpgs" and aRpgs completly different.
What cRpgs lack, aRpgs often make up for and vice versa. As an example, I'm currently playing BG2, IWD2 and NWN2, all 3 of those games got really deep character customisation, a good story and content rich world, however, the combat is kinda dull. The games in infinity engine are pretty much point and click combat, and NWN is either point and click or MMO like with forced keyboard turning and no 1,2,3 spamming. In other words, even generic MMORPGs have more exiting combat, and when I get bored of it I play TOEE, Divinity1 or Diablo2, the combat is still kinda simple, but a bit more fun, but the story ain't as good. And so I move forth and back depending on what I feel for.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.