Dark Souls II announced; PC version confirmed

Komuflage

Insider
I seem to remember something like this. Which boss was this again, i can't remember exactly which one
dunno the name, Tower boss in 3-1.
too bad demon's souls isnt for pc, dark souls pc version was poorly ported so it was rly annoying to play with keyboard and mouse, had to connect my xbox controller to get comfortable playing the game. i hope they are making a proper pc port this time and not rushing it just to get it out on market.
Actually, it wasn't ported poorly due to rushing, rather, they had no experience with pc development (which they stated a few times ;))

Reactions: Tom

Scarecrow

Insider
dunno the name, Tower boss in 3-1.

Actually, it wasn't ported poorly due to rushing, rather, they had no experience with pc development (which they stated a few times ;))
Oh yeah, the Fools Idol. Gotta love finding out that for the first time. Thats what is so loveable about the Souls games, the first play through with all the challenges and uncertainty. The pvp provides for a lot of replay ability and hours upon hours of extra gaming, but its that first play through that is really great.

Well fu, now I had to play Dark souls again, and didn't want to bother setting my PS3 up again, so I bought it for steam :I
I hope you have a 360 pad, else you're gonna have a bad time. But on a serious note get DSFIX, or whatever it's called, it improves the port drastically.

Komuflage

Insider
I hope you have a 360 pad, else you're gonna have a bad time. But on a serious note get DSFIX, or whatever it's called, it improves the port drastically.
I just use my PS3 controller :) so it's not a problem.
Must say the experience have been much joyful, it's nice to play the game with the hardware it deserves, no more 20fps boss fights. Or skipping content just because that region got fps problem. Guess I'll get Dark souls 2 for PC and PS3 then :p

BrecMadak

Insider
Ok jokes aside, I need some info regarding how steamworks' anti-cheat system working since DS 2 will be played by their own servers. And as it seems currently from their beta gameplays a guy on our local boards just told me that still cheaters were pacing around, and that's sad. He said they were just invaded by a fister and killed. This solely shows that still cheats from DS continue where they were left of.

Let's hope that DS 2 is cheatable just cause its still in beta and that anti-cheat system is not active yet.

By the way for those who would to take a closer look may want to watch these in-game beta vids;

PS: Still dont have any idea yet how to spoil things in this board, and being not able to edit in firefox still continues...

Tom

Insider
BrecMadak, you sir, are my HERO. I've been dying to see some actual in-game footage, and that exactly it!

I've barely seen 10 minutes, and I got some really good impressions.

- Bitchin' armor designs (and those seem to be the starter ones!)
- Awesome new animations
- Magic is awesome
- New enemies with new patterns
- New dark terrain

I gotta say, the difficulty in that area was tough but fair. No cheap stuff, only well-placed enemies with mean tactics. Doable if you move carefully.

And I winced when I saw the huge enemy with the giant sickles. There's something about big enemies in Dark Souls that only brings suffering.

Sadly enough, I missed out on my opportunity to play this on Saturday. I was at the eurogamer expo in London, but ran out of time to play this (or much else for that matter). But, I did see other people playing it and I have to say, it looked stunning. Visually, it was just beautiful to watch, but also in terms of gameplay. I saw a lot of that mirror boss and it seemed like a very interesting fight. Fighting against yourself and a giant guy with huge but slow attacks made for very interesting pacing.

Scarecrow

Insider
The Betas right now are just in Japan right? Cus i've signed up for Beta Internationally, and they don't start until sometime in October?

Komuflage

Insider
If it runs on Steam server then I'll be really happy, no freaking p2p lag, hopefully.

Now I didn't watch any of the videos, don't want to spoil "anything" but Tom about "Magic is awesome" is it, the spells looks awesome, or is it, spells are still op and will oneshot every boss, just like in Demon's and Dark souls?

Scarecrow

Insider
Know you asked Tom, but just gonna answere: The magic looks pretty damn awesome. Never was interested in the magic in Dark Souls, was more of a Faith guy. Now however, i might very well change that. Lots of new spells. The power of the spells we saw, imo, looked pretty balanced, so thank god for that.

Komuflage

Insider
Know you asked Tom, but just gonna answere: The magic looks pretty damn awesome. Never was interested in the magic in Dark Souls, was more of a Faith guy. Now however, i might very well change that. Lots of new spells. The power of the spells we saw, imo, looked pretty balanced, so thank god for that.
Great to hear... uhm read, always get a tear in my eye when I see how incredibly over powered the magic (and faith) is in Dark souls, and Demon's souls for that matter.

Scarecrow

Insider
Yeah, especially after Artorias DLC. Dat dark shotgun magic was just... Mind blowingly op (and those extreme homing missiles too... Jesus Christ).

Btw, for those interested as well; There is this guy on Youtube that releases news updates on Dark souls 2 frequently, making it easier for us to find info about it. He also does some nice Dark and Demons souls lore for those who need some catching up to do. Some great stuff there, and learned quite a bit about the new Dark Souls: http://www.youtube.com/user/VaatiVidya

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.