Not quite Sui Generis, but interesting...

Komuflage

Insider
Have to agree on this though. Combat is what's most important in a game to me (In most cases, not all) and I never liked third person melee combat, with a controls like it's in first person. It always feel so stiff. And this doesn't look like a exception. And to much of what they said felt kind of generic, pretty much what every one else say about the game, and then once it's released, you realised it's nothing like they said.

Pilluminati

Insider
I'm guessing the video wasn't produced by them, it looked like countless other pitch videos I've seen.
It's not the game of the year, that's for sure. But I like the overall idea. Resembles the Gothic games quite a bit.
Personally I like third person view the most for combat oriented games, combined with having to aim all your attacks = awesomeness.
Obviously all the devs have big aspirations for their games. At least they have a playable demo. A little better than cool art work/ideas if you ask me.

Parco

i just tried the demo and the game looks promising, but there are some noticeable things that should probably have been dealt with before releasing a demo.
you could run maximum around 5 meters and then if you ran until the stamina bar was empty then you had to wait until it reached at least 80% before you could run again. sprinting should have been way longer for that debuff to be balanced, in a open world like that 5 meters is basically nothing.
when installing the demo you could choose where to install the installer, but the actual demo will be installed in the user/documents folder
the combat music started before you yourself was in combat, it started once they aggroed you so you can tell they are about to ambush you 2-5 sec before the fight starts. they also started aggroing even if you were standing behind them
but overall the demo was kinda fun, i like the skill system they got, the more you use one thing the better you become at it, but it seems it doesnt work fully yet, i killed off all my opponents with maces and i got excellent with fire:p

Last edited:

cozzbp

I'm guessing the video wasn't produced by them, it looked like countless other pitch videos I've seen.
It's not the game of the year, that's for sure. But I like the overall idea. Resembles the Gothic games quite a bit.
Personally I like third person view the most for combat oriented games, combined with having to aim all your attacks = awesomeness.
Obviously all the devs have big aspirations for their games. At least they have a playable demo. A little better than cool art work/ideas if you ask me.
Hey, dev for the game here, and yeah we know the demo is still pretty rough (but getting better with each update), but we felt that the most honest way to show what we could do was to provide something that people could immediately get their hands on. The art and animations you see now are placeholders, and have gotten us to the point we are now, but also hold us back on some things, as we need an animator to do what we really want to do with combat.

i just tried the demo and the game looks promising, but there are some noticeable things that should probably have been dealt with before releasing a demo.
you could run maximum around 5 meters and then if you ran until the stamina bar was empty then you had to wait until it reached at least 80% before you could run again. sprinting should have been way longer for that debuff to be balanced, in a open world like that 5 meters is basically nothing.
when installing the demo you could choose where to install the installer, but the actual demo will be installed in the user/documents folder
the combat music started before you yourself was in combat, it started once they aggroed you so you can tell they are about to ambush you 2-5 sec before the fight starts. they also started aggroing even if you were standing behind them
but overall the demo was kinda fun, i like the skill system they got, the more you use one thing the better you become at it, but it seems it doesnt work fully yet, i killed off all my opponents with maces and i got excellent with fire:p
I'm glad you enjoyed the demo (that's the idea right?) and we are working to fix bugs and release new content as quickly as we can. Sorry about the forced Documents install -- the CRYENGINE currently has a weird issue with being installed in a path with spaces (they are working on it), so we figured for now we'd just force it to install to a location where it will at least work correctly for people.

Also, we may have to delay the combat music to make attacks more of a surprise, thanks for the suggestion.

Parco

I'm glad you enjoyed the demo (that's the idea right?) and we are working to fix bugs and release new content as quickly as we can. Sorry about the forced Documents install -- the CRYENGINE currently has a weird issue with being installed in a path with spaces (they are working on it), so we figured for now we'd just force it to install to a location where it will at least work correctly for people.

Also, we may have to delay the combat music to make attacks more of a surprise, thanks for the suggestion.
yea i enjoyed it, will look forward to see how the full game will be like.
but about the demo, risky play to release a pre-alpha demo isnt it? what i mean is that there are many who judge the whole game as it was finished even if its still in (pre)alpha/beta and this can backfire, creating negativity and bad reviews/rumors about the game. lets just hope most people who tries it can see the potential.

maybe no need to make a delay for the combat music, but make it so it only starts when the player enters combat

Last edited:

cozzbp

@Parco Folgore
We realized it could be risky releasing an unfinished demo, but we were really counting on the fact that kickstarter would appreciate being able to see first hand what we are capable of with very few resources (and no real artist until a week ago). People are growing wary of kickstarter these days with lots of kickstarted projects throwing in the towel because they ran out of money, and leaving the backers with nothing. We really wanted to show that we aren't going to do that, and even if we don't get funded on kickstarter, I'm going to keep developing this game as it has truly become my passion. We are going to be releasing several major updates to the pre-alpha throughout the campaign and think we will impress people with our dedication and work ethic. We have been running pre-alpha playtests for about a month now, and received an overwhelmingly positive response, so we felt good about it.

@fluffydino2000
I am very intrigued by Sui Generis, and have been following it from the beginning. While not a big fan of isometric games, I still am excited to play the game, and really see the very impressive physics system for myself. I have high hopes that Sui Generis will really fundamentally change how combat works in RPGs. Someday, perhaps I'll get the opportunity to pick Madoc's brain about the engine that he has here.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.