Kickstarter project launch

Blood Dragon

Insider
Pledged through Paypal via this site, which I hope mine and the other like pledges are being tallied into the kickstarter total. I really want to see this game get released! Everything has looked amazing so far. Outstanding work and attention to detail.

Pantheon

Insider
Pledged through Paypal via this site, which I hope mine and the other like pledges are being tallied into the kickstarter total.
They aren't. The PayPal option is of no use to the Kickstarter campaign and if the Kickstarter should fail, all the money will be refunded.

Blood Dragon

Insider
They aren't. The PayPal option is of no use to the Kickstarter campaign and if the Kickstarter should fail, all the money will be refunded.
Why post it as an alternate payment option on the kickstarter page then if it's not actually going towards the kickstarter total? This question is directed more towards the dev team, as I really want to see this game come to fruition.

Psychomorph

Insider
Why post it as an alternate payment option on the kickstarter page then if it's not actually going towards the kickstarter total?
Because it only adds to the total sum... if the Kickstarter is sucessful that is. I don't know how Bare Mettle will handle the PayPal donations, either keep them as legitimate donations, or refund the donators if the Kickstarter fails.
Fact is only, that the PayPal donations do nothing to make the Kickstarter become a success and BM to legitimately keep the raised 150,000. What if the PayPal money is only, say, 2,000GBP? Wat use is it if they need at least 150,000GBP?

Xumbik

Insider
I'm fairly sure I've read that the PayPal donations will be refunded if the KS fails.

BUT... what if they could actually get the PayPal money, and pledge it on their own KS? I mean, they have the money, and by pledging the money they received via PayPal, they could boost the KS total closer to the goal?

Is that, illegal and/or stupid?

Psychomorph

Insider
They cannot pledge to their own project and unfortunately there seems not to be a way to have PayPal donations included to the KS.

Only option would be to give the PayPal money to a friend and let him pledge in the KS. Fully legitimate if you ask me, but something that can be probably only done when the KS campaign is close to an end and if it is apparent that the total PayPal sum would be enough addition to get the project funded. There would be no use to it if the PayPal money is, say, 2,000GBP and you have 3 hours to go and still need 20,000GBP.

Xumbik

Insider
They cannot pledge to their own project and unfortunately there seems not to be a way to have PayPal donations included to the KS.

Only option would be to give the PayPal money to a friend and let him pledge in the KS. Fully legitimate if you ask me, but something that can be probably only done when the KS campaign is close to an end and if it is apparent that the total PayPal sum would be enough addition to get the project funded. There would be no use to it if the PayPal money is, say, 2,000GBP and you have 3 hours to go and still need 20,000GBP.
Well, that make sense. They'd probably give it to someone on the team to pledge via their personal account?

Ideally, it would rock if you could link a PayPal to KS, but there are probably reasons as to why this hasn't been implemented yet.

Blood Dragon

Insider
Oh well ... I was skeptical of the pound to dollar conversion on kickstarter at first, but have since pledged on the ks page as well; so here is hoping for the best. :)

Blood Dragon

Insider
Oh, yes, there is absolutely no question here about the worth of pledging to get this game made. I may even pledge more tomorrow when I get paid. :D

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.