"New Game +"

Komuflage

Insider
Hello, got a little quiestion here, will this game feature some sort of "New Game +"?
And if it will, how will it work, considerings it's supposed to be open world, and once you completed the main story, you can still continue to play (Like the TES games for instance)

Personally I don't want to be forced to "restart" the game once I completed the main story, but at the same time I don't want to have to create an all new character just because I want to try the game from the beginning again.

So I've read that the player is supposed to be able to move his character across different world instances and if I understand this correctly, it'll be pretty much like some of the older RPGs where you could Import a character to another world, but still save your character progress in the first/original world.

So basically what I'm asking is a way for me to replay the whole game, from the beginning with an existing character of mine and also with increased difficulty.

Don't want my all mighty character to be able to kill pretty much anything just because I restarted from the beginning. :p

So yea, is there any chance something like this will exist in the game?

Madoc

Project Lead
The idea is that you create a world instance and a character and yes, you can create new world instances and drop an existing character in. Difficulty scaling is something we're still not entirely sure about but it might take you a few play throughs before you can deal with some really hard fights. It's partly up to you how difficult the game is.

Can one load seperate characters to the same world. For example, I failed to protect the civilians in one world but have a beastly character in another, can I load the advanced character into the new world as a separate guy who none of the npcs know and use him to save the world? That way I have not permanently failed a world that I could not protect otherwise.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
The idea is that you create a world instance and a character and yes, you can create new world instances and drop an existing character in. Difficulty scaling is something we're still not entirely sure about but it might take you a few play throughs before you can deal with some really hard fights. It's partly up to you how difficult the game is.
So the easy way would be avoid all fights and run from everything, the hard way would be avoid all fight and run away from everything until you get hit with a massive wrecking ball by the mother of all daddy orges alive?

BrecMadak

Insider
So the easy way would be avoid all fights and run from everything, the hard way would be avoid all fight and run away from everything until you get hit with a massive wrecking ball by the mother of all daddy orges alive?
Hope this won't ever exist, personally i hate 'speedruns' which the lazily handled difficulty scaling always gives the birth to it, if you ever dare to call it as an actual "gameplay".

The possibility of avoiding everything is the real game-breaker even if it is implemented in a way that needs skill; player will hardly live any 'real' challenge, and fear in the first place. Player would only want to focus 'passing the content' for the sake of passing that content eventually, therefore will less likely pay attention to world events in each his try doing it so.

Btw even at the time's standarts Diablo I had a nice difficulty scaling, not cause of the raising spreadsheet values, but cause it gives you choices to start even from 'Hell' difficulty, which the follower didn't have it. That freedom is unique even though you could hardly complete the very first level at best.

Since i'm totally a challenging game addict, i'd be very pleased if difficulty scaling would also suit players who are in hardcore camp won't get a chance to get bored after some hours, not that i've doubts about it, just wanted to put mine.

Kale

Insider
I hope it does exist, especially the fact that you can avoid everything. If it's really a game that's meant to be played how you want, then you should be able to avoid everything if you have the skill.

I also like speed runs. I think it's awesome people can figure out little things that let them make it through fights. Be it hard or not.

Komuflage

Insider
Ah ok sounds good, just hope I don't come to a part where my character can beat everything easy.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.