Welcome to the Black Rose Tavern

Welcome all to the White Rose Tavern a Forum based role play story open to all fans of Sui Generis, any one may make a entry and follow up lining up with the general story of the tavern and the missions given out by the guests and barkeep, there will be some rules but they are simply, and few in number.
1. To keep things interesting the charcters your make for the story must have good names, personality and a motivation to drive them forward, player character may hurt or even kill eachother on mutual agreement "Players should discus this outside the forum if so, avoid spoilers".
2. Locations in the world of Sui Generis are not known to us, so we will invent them but once a location is mentioned by one player who ever he/she may be, it set in stone. One note is that dangers such as agresive locals or fauna should be named.
3. The main antagonist, which you will learn the name of later, has a vile plot which YOU brave heroes must stop. This however can only be done with the help of at least 3 other adventurers (players) not npc's. On this note you may create up to 2 npc's that travel with you.
4. Most importantly have fun, use your imagination, communicate and share ideas with your fellows here on the forum.

Hail to you all honest travelers, my name is Ivan Angelov and welcome to my humble Inn. I have many fine rooms to suit every pocket with beding from humble hay cots to luxury coton fether beds, my cache of spirits is allways stocked with cold hops beer to imported wines, and in adition to warm meals you will receive freshly backed sweet bread every morning of your stay.
So please come make yourselves at home, mingle with the other guests and discuss stories near and far.
I alone could have many a tall tale or city gosip to discuss, for a nominal price of course.
Mercenaries and tribesmen from the northern bluemist mountains come early this year, telling of migrating giants and trolls, from the south the locals of the Red Lakes speak of hideous large serpents and poisonous giant hornets, from east and west scores of people wisper in fear of the dead rising from dusty tombs and fresh graves alike. And lets not forget about foreighn incursions from the neighbouring kingdoms, rebelious soldiers patroling the highways alongside their rogue counterparts.
So arm yourself with knowledge, a rested, well feed body and sharp steel friends, for you will certainly need them in the journey ahed.

Last edited:
The idea is that the insiders are more active and passionate about the game. If to few people come in with creative ideas for the role play il make a new one on the general, if that doesnt work either il be real sad and angry at people beeing lazy and unable to use their imagination and want everything handed to them on a silver plate.
I had absolutly no throuble making a warhammer 40k forum role play story and everyone pitched in with something.

And what is with all the damn likes, this isnt facebook, post something to prove you enjoy a thread, or comment! Likes are as worthless as wow achievements.
13 of you liked the bloody post and only one bothered to say anything about it, im terrbily upset.

Last edited:

Tottel

Insider
OK then, instead of liking your post:

Nice idea, but I'm not going to join. It seems pretty darn risky to do this without a proper gamehost. I've done roleplaying before and it depends so much on the people that you play it with. If someone is selfish or arrogant (and this is the internet, there WILL be such people), it's not fun for me any more.

Boothie

Insider
Oi barkeep, give me a mug of whatever swill passes for wine in these parts!

And while your at it get me your cheapest room for the three coming nights.

(first time roleplaying like this so give me a break if the start was a bit weak)

Murf

The idea is that the insiders are more active and passionate about the game. If to few people come in with creative ideas for the role play il make a new one on the general, if that doesnt work either il be real sad and angry at people beeing lazy and unable to use their imagination and want everything handed to them on a silver plate.
I had absolutly no throuble making a warhammer 40k forum role play story and everyone pitched in with something.

And what is with all the damn likes, this isnt facebook, post something to prove you enjoy a thread, or comment! Likes are as worthless as wow achievements.
13 of you liked the bloody post and only one bothered to say anything about it, im terrbily upset.
It doesn't belong here, it has NOTHING to do with SG/Exanima, put it in it's proper place.

*yes that was me that reported the message*

BrecMadak

Insider

Alright buddy, feel free how you want to be. After this comment you seriously think that folks around here gonna give a damn, let alone be interested in ? You show quite a discouraging and repulsive attitude with such expressions over people, and since most of us are all grown-ups...

You can see how many likes you had left on your pocket now.

Last edited:
Ok Brecmadak I appologise, I understand where you are coming from, but to me pressing the like botton on any forum in stead of speaking your mind and sharing ideas is pointless and lazy.
I wanted to have this thread to unite the community have fun and weave a interesting narative for all to enjoy.
Did i handle it badly? -Maybe yes
Did i get the result I wanted? -Certainly not.
How do you expect me to feel when no one has steapt up to write anything worth reading even just for a laught, my reward for trying to do something good is harsh criticism and laziness :(

Tottel

Insider
Some people do not share your enthusiasm? Oh no! Better call them lazy and unimaginative.
I think the "like" system is clean and nice. Do you want tons of worthless "Oh yeah, this is so nice" posts?

How is this harsh criticism after you just insult a bunch of people?

Ok I am sorry, i will remake the post in the general and check on it later if any one at all wants to join in it will be fine.
Please do forgive my earlyer rudeness, I know that harsh words cant be forgoten, only forgiven.

Well now that the thread is in general lets see if we have any takers, please :)

Last edited:

cnileoleman

Insider
Will sat in a darkened corner of the tavern nursing an empty tankard, waiting for more patrons. Not that he wanted company, but a sell - sword had to keep their ears open so he'd make that sacrifice. A long sigh escaped him as he saw tonight's future. He'd sit here while people bitched and moaned about what was wrong with their lives, talked too loudly, and spilled spirits everywhere. He'd sit here and sift through the clamor, hoping to find use of his services. The tankard was only in front of him to make him less suspicious, empty because drink makes a man stupid and mean. His father had taught him that, though Will liked to think his father didn't need to show him so many times. Another sigh passed his lips; it would be a long night.

BigT2themax

Insider
Huh, I was wondering how long it would take for a roleplay thread to show up in this forum.

Feel free to assume there's a random astronaut with weaponry sittin' in the corner.

Boothie

Insider
John took a glance round to inspect the other patrons of what he considers a rather sordid inn, but as the saying goes: Beggars cant be choosers and John is so far down on his luck that mudworms are above him.
In the corner closest to the door is... a man? a woman?.. the strangers cloak makes it impossible to tell.

In the other corner sits a lean and weathered man, his scarred countenance and the sword in its scabbard leaning on the bench on which he sits identifies him as a sell-sword or possibly a bandit, his tankard sits in front of him untouched and unregarded as the mans eyes sweeps the room.

His eyes locks with Johns and recognition sparks WILL!! John nearly knocks over his chair in eagerness to go and greet his old friend. He walks up.
"Long time no see will!"

cnileoleman

Insider
Scanning the room and seeing the serving girl tending to the hooded patron toward the front, Will saw no harm in sparing time for an old friend. In the scant moments he had while John briefly wrestled with the furniture and walked towards him, countless questions flitted through Will's head. How's sis? Did you ever land that apprenticeship? Do you remember the look on ol' Musler's face when......what about the year Matilda......

They'd grown up in a small village together. Will's mother had died when he was 6, and the baby hadn't even lasted through the year. His father had bothered himself with finding the bottom of his cups, and John had been the family he'd never had.

Gesturing to the empty spot across from him with a mischievous grin, he invited his friend to sit.
"So, how many years has it been now?"

Boothie

Insider
Four i believe answered John, last time was in Willowbrook when we worked that gig for the mayor.
So what are you doing in this shithole? Got a job lined up? got a bad run of late and could use backup.
Since your in this dump you're in the same seat, correct?
Mary sends here love by the way.

Parco

Stewert, a young lad, was visiting the village to buy groceries for his mother who was laying sick back at his farm. the village is a day's travel so he will need to spend the night. as he walked past the Inn he remembered all the funny stories his father used to tell him when he was staying at the Inn, back when he was still alive. with mixed feelings of sadness and excitement he walked into the Inn hoping to experience what his father had in his stories himself. as he stepped into the room his feelings of excitement turned into nervousness because he had no idea how to act, this was his first time coming to this town alone and have never been in a Inn before, when he was here with his family they camped out in the woods over night.
as he walked towards the Owner of the Inn he caught a glimpse of the shady guy in the corner and got even more nervous, but then he saw the funny looking guy in weird white clothing and couldnt help but to smile, then he noticed the serving girl who was somewhat cute and couldnt help but to fall a bit in love. he had just gotten to the age where girls became more interesting, but he barely sees other females beside his mother on the farm so he couldnt take his eyes of her. being distracted he didnt see where he was walking and hit his shin on a table foot and tripped, as he fell he hit his head on a chair knocking him unconscious, after a few seconds he woke up and slowly stood up, being a bit disoriented he looked a bit around and noticed everyone was silently looking at him. feeling very embarrassed he walked out of the Inn while thinking "I'll just camp out in the woods tonight."

ZaratanCho

Insider
*Zeek calmly took off his hood revealing a face covered by a large beard and scruffy hair, inconspicuously observing everything that was happening in the inn while pulling out a tattered, worn out book and began reading it*

After looking for a while at the book he seemed a bit lost in thought.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.