A bit too big flanged mace?

Vasyan

I really like that almost all weapons in the game are realistic looking and pretty authentic, but this flanged mace on the arena is just way too big in my opinion. I've used my photoshop skills to make my point clear:

Before:

After:

I hope that helps! Thank you for your attention.

J.G. Elmslie

Insider
Real ones are even smaller, like the one on the left, about 60mm wide, or they're very thin, like on the right, where each flange is only about 1.5mm thick...

Edit: A fact that only people who make the things find interesting: a good proportion of all-metal maces have hollow handles and many have tubular hafts. you really dont need extra weight in a mace, and the removal of mass makes them faster and more controllable.

Last edited:

Vasyan

Real ones are even smaller, like the one on the left, about 60mm wide, or they're very thin, like on the right, where each flange is only about 1.5mm thick...

Edit: A fact that only people who make the things find interesting: a good proportion of all-metal maces have hollow handles and many have tubular hafts. you really dont need extra weight in a mace, and the removal of mass makes them faster and more controllable.
Exactly, and actually the right one is pretty close in proportions to the photoshopped version I made.

Don Kanaille

Insider
Whatever makes the mace guy less brutal is ok on my part.
It could *potentially* make him less brutal, but I am not sure. He is annoying to fight with 2-handers because your attacks leave you open while you just barely outrange him. A slight misstep and you get a full blown mace hit which can take 1/3 of your stamina.

However he has a bit of trouble hitting you up close because his weapon gets entangled more easily than a nimble sword, for example. With 2h you usually move away from him, so then it´s not really a drawback of the mace, but in 1h fights it was quite useful to fix his weapon and slash away. If the mace becomes smaller he may be able to deliver even more brutal beatdowns when he gets up close because he can flail his weapon more easily.

Sir NotABot

It could *potentially* make him less brutal, but I am not sure. He is annoying to fight with 2-handers because your attacks leave you open while you just barely outrange him. A slight misstep and you get a full blown mace hit which can take 1/3 of your stamina.

However he has a bit of trouble hitting you up close because his weapon gets entangled more easily than a nimble sword, for example. With 2h you usually move away from him, so then it´s not really a drawback of the mace, but in 1h fights it was quite useful to fix his weapon and slash away. If the mace becomes smaller he may be able to deliver even more brutal beatdowns when he gets up close because he can flail his weapon more easily.
Pro-tip: assign crouch to the space bar and use it liberally to smack his leg under the shield. Careful with the timing though as you will fall on your face if you do it wrong.

Reactions: Guy

Guy

"That flanged mace is too big" is a phrase you hear almost daily at the office, you'd think by now we'd have done something about it...
That's what she said...

Seriously, I think lots of us have been wondering how he swings that thing with one hand. It looks awkward, but it spins around pretty fast for its current size.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.