Update?

El Maco

Insider
Bare Mettle are working as fast as they possibly can to bring the update to us, I have no doubts about that. It is coming. This is from Madoc's post on steam forums from yesterday:
Still here guys, and working as hard as ever. There were a few unexpected issues, but also some last minute improvements. Definitely a nice update, lots of new stuff and almost every aspect of the game has really been improved. No arena overhaul yet I'm afraid, that's in the update after this, which indeed won't be such a long wait though. None of the future updates should take anywhere near this long again. Still don't want to give an exact date, the last few days are the most unpredictable.

Iscandar

You've almost decoded the secret release date. Keep working on the numbers and eventually you'll discover the hidden message within.
Bare Mettle has needed to delay their release to coincide with the next lunar eclipse so that the magic of their blood sacrifice ritual will be strong enough to convince the planet Saturn to bestow upon them superior occult powers. That is the real reason. You did not hear this from me. I am not here.

Dorag

Bare Mettle are working as fast as they possibly can to bring the update to us, I have no doubts about that. It is coming. This is from Madoc's post on steam forums from yesterday:
Oh thanks for that, "Last few days" means I can rest for a couple days now and stop checking on the forums.

Forum Checking Simulator 2015

Bullethead

Bare Mettle has needed to delay their release to coincide with the next lunar eclipse so that the magic of their blood sacrifice ritual will be strong enough to convince the planet Saturn to bestow upon them superior occult powers. That is the real reason. You did not hear this from me. I am not here.
I heard the blood sacrifice was unintentional. It was just "Sir" getting loose in the studio and doing lots of damage :)

Tottel

Insider
I hate to be annoying here, but a couple of days is nothing in game development.

How can you lose faith in just a couple of weeks? Are you just spending all of your time sitting and waiting for a release? If you do, you will be doing this for every coming release: You will always be able to play and finish faster than what a team can develop.

If you want to do something right, you don't just throw code and assets into the game and release it. Bare Mettle are doing it very right, in my opinion.

To me, it's not about getting the release faster, but knowing what the team is working on. I think a lot of frustration is born from people not knowing about what's coming beyond "additional features" and "improvements". The team should take all the time they need to deliver the level of quality they fell the game deserves. The could spend some time to communicate progress to community a bit better though. Not just via some hard to find stream, or even harder to find post on a forum, put a nice devblog, like Kerbal Space Program has, would be really nice.

Tyrek

I think telling people more about the update would make it worse, seeing as it would build more hype. Even now, not knowing exactly what will be in the update, people are losing their minds. Basically I think your situation of just wanting more information isn't that common. People might think more info will make them less excited and impatient, but that just doesn't add up.

However! This was not what I was going to write about x)
Being one of the people who can't wait I actually estimated the release date a few days ago the only way one can... math! (actually statistics) I used people's guesses from this steam forum thread and came up with a date by taking the average of them!

Next friday, the 30th October!

Let's see how strong the power of statistics is!

Edit: I'm obviously still hoping it will come out today xD

ZaratanCho

Insider
Maybe nice, maybe not so nice. Pointless though and time consuming. Been posted several times what they are working on too. Why would people be frustrated they don't know tiny details ? Doesn't achieve anything but people think they should be informed of everything now because reasons. It is easy to say from the outside, well it takes 5 minutes to drop in write some update etc. Much more important for progress to be made rather than explained to others it is being made because they need it to feel good and important.

Ultimately though only purpose it would serve is placate some people which doesn't help the development of the game whatsoever, the opposite more like. Better alternative is if people just relax and have more patience. I have been waiting for this update ever since i finished the current content many updates ago but that's the reality, need to wait. It's unfortunate things happened that slowed this update down a bit but that's how it is.

Exactly because i love Exanima i can wait calmly(most of the time ;d).

Tyrek

I guess you could say that in every guess there's a tiny bit of certainty!
You just have to combine it all into more certainty! x)

(although in this case the certainty in each guess might be infinitesimally tiny, only time will tell!)

Tyon

I hope the devs aren't forced to push out an unfinished product. I don't think we normal members know what's part of the update besides more dungeon levels, a new creature named Sir, some new armor/weapons/clothes, and obviously bugfixes.

Murf

Animations and AI have also been tweaked. Added a journal. You will be able to have multiple characters, I'll let someone else tell ya the rest. (Don't recall them all)

Dorag

I mean.. Yea, if BM themselves "guessed" 27/10 It's probably coming out at that day plus minus 3 days, they wouldn't guess that date even jokingly if the date was like 10th of November, so guys, It's pretty close now :) just give it like a week.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.