The Exanima Videos & Screenshots Thread

dustbiter

I don't agree, while the zombies are capable of wielding weapons, they don't bother to block, demonstrating a lack of self-preservation.

Putting aside whether the zombies fleeing is realistic or not, I'm getting a gut feeling that it's not good for gameplay. The zombies run very fast, this can be frustrating as the only way to catch up with them is to trap them as the video demonstrates. This can remind the player of the lack of realism in the game.

"Why can't I damage the zombie in the leg first to slow him down if he flees?"

"Can a badly damaged zombie run that fast?"

Greenbrog

Insider
Using weapons is very higher order thinking. Fleeing is part of the basic fight or flight instinct. Basically not fleeing is against nature. And they aren't zombies. When you don't think of them as zombies they make complete sense, they are undead sure but don't assume anything.

Tyon

If the undead can grasp a weapon and use it, they should be able to know when they're horribly outmatched. I think lone undead should also try and avoid you if you're well equipped. Skeletons are also a step above the average undead when it comes to fighting, so it would also make sense that they'd make more intelligent choices and choose not to fight the player. There should still be some undead and skeletons that will fight you to the death though.

Dorag

I don't know what people are crying about when they speak of the undead fleeing, if anything I'm the one running away from the undead so I can corner them and create a divide, I have only had one undead run from me and I've completed two fully explored and looted runs since 0.6.0.2 came out, killing all undead in my way and cheering like a little girl when 3 undead start fighting each other instead of me :D
The winner always gets to die by my hand as a reward.

burgzaza

Insider
Through physics, harmony.

Can't wait for unarmed arena!!!
Hahaha kimono style ! :D
1 punch 1 hit !? Never managed to do that !
I beated the novices like this, but the experts are way harder.

Can't wait either for the real arena to come ^^

Bobob

I tried doing expert... I think I got as far as greatsword guy. I need more training for that one
oh also the 1 punch kills are from uppercuts right in the face

Last edited:

dustbiter

@Dorag

Check out these 0.6.0.1 changes.

• Reduced time it takes to stop when running
  • Hugely reduced delay before being able to attack after running
  • Sprint speed appropriately reduced based on character decomposition

Last edited:

Dorag

@Dorag

Check out these 0.6.0.1 changes.

• Reduced time it takes to stop when running
  • Hugely reduced delay before being able to attack after running
  • Sprint speed appropriately reduced based on character decomposition
Yeah I know of these changes already, BM did a very good job quick job and generally people stopped complaining in the steam forums now. :)

dustbiter

@Dorag

In practice I find the player's run-to-attack transition is still too slow to strike a running zombie while you are chasing it, because the player loses forward movement as he attacks, giving the zombie the chance to get ahead.
I think things still can be tweaked better.

I thought of solutions like attacking while still running or a sprint bar but they'll come with their own cons and potential problems.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.