Different layer of armour

Bobwolf

Hello everyone !

I would like to know if the different layer of armour stack for protection or if it's just esthetic ?

thanks!

Bobwolf

Murf

The higher ranks most definitely have a ton of layers. Undead and skellies, not so much.

Bobwolf

As I said, they often have 1 plate and some chain under but not everywhere and no cloth . They never have more than 2 layer.

As I said, they often have 1 plate and some chain under but not everywhere and no cloth . They never have more than 2 layer.
It varies. I belive the AI bots when they get created, they are given a budget of some amount of money, and then their rank restriction. I think they have to "buy" a weapon, armour and clothing, and sometimes they cannot get everything.

Tyon

Some of the bots at higher ranks are pretty stupid. I've seen some with no helmet, but they spend their money instead on things like bracers and greaves, which makes almost no sense, who in their right mind would not buy a helmet as their first piece of armor?

Tyon

I doubt open-faced helmets restrict sight that much. I have not worn one myself though. I just think there needs to be a lot less fighters in the adept/expert ranks that don't wear a chain coif or a helmet.

I doubt open-faced helmets restrict sight that much. I have not worn one myself though. I just think there needs to be a lot less fighters in the adept/expert ranks that don't wear a chain coif or a helmet.
Why not have them wear one?

burgzaza

Insider
Do like in movies, throw your own helmet on the ground and charge with extra fury. Only fair.

The thing I like about this randomness is that, sometimes, they really look unique. I've only seen once or twice an Expert without helmet and I kind of liked it. He had personnality ^^
I like that the A.I don't cheat and have to manage equipment point as we do. When you see someone with a great weapon, or a shield, you can count on the fact that he most likely has a weak armored part.
Sure it makes less sense to buy bracers than a helmet, any sort of hit to the head is of course devastating.
But again you could imagine that the dude forgot his helmet, is really proud of his face, don't like the sight loss, or is plain reckless :p

Bobob

Do like in movies, throw your own helmet on the ground and charge with extra fury. Only fair.

The thing I like about this randomness is that, sometimes, they really look unique. I've only seen once or twice an Expert without helmet and I kind of liked it. He had personnality ^^
I like that the A.I don't cheat and have to manage equipment point as we do. When you see someone with a great weapon, or a shield, you can count on the fact that he most likely has a weak armored part.
Sure it makes less sense to buy bracers than a helmet, any sort of hit to the head is of course devastating.
But again you could imagine that the dude forgot his helmet, is really proud of his face, don't like the sight loss, or is plain reckless :p
+1
Some ai fighters have great style

Yeah, for some damn reason they're the only people that can get colour coordinated clothes.
WAIT. I GOT IT.
I SO FUCKING GOT IT.

A RECOLOURING STATION IN THE ARENA MAIN HUB AREA.
Pay a small sum of money to recolour your items.
(more to come and maybe it's own thread later with more elaborate details)

konggary

WAIT. I GOT IT.
I SO FUCKING GOT IT.

A RECOLOURING STATION IN THE ARENA MAIN HUB AREA.
Pay a small sum of money to recolour your items.
(more to come and maybe it's own thread later with more elaborate details)
Dyes were expensive long ago, especially ones that are made with rare ingredients. That's why peasants wear drab gray, green and brown colors.

Dyes were expensive long ago, especially ones that are made with rare ingredients. That's why peasants wear drab gray, green and brown colors.
We're not peasants, now are we? and also just look at the colours already avaliable... tell me those dyes didn't cost much.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.