Thoughts and Ideas General

Lord Shah

Insider
Stronghold: Base of operations for organization, storage, rest, companions and investment.
Upgrades: training grounds, barracks, shops, towers, etc..
Customization: heraldry, banners, decor, thrones etc..

dustbiter

Got some weirdness while playing 0.6.1.3e, was defeated by a hatchet user with almost full red damage, and while I was down already with the "you have been defeated" message displayed, he does a chop into me. Game goes to main menu on exit and I was a bit annoyed the AI finished me while I was down. Anyway chose arena mode and my character was still around. Instead of having most of his health at red damage, he had about 80% full health, lightly injured.

NachoDawg

Got some weirdness while playing 0.6.1.3e, was defeated by a hatchet user with almost full red damage, and while I was down already with the "you have been defeated" message displayed, he does a chop into me. Game goes to main menu on exit and I was a bit annoyed the AI finished me while I was down. Anyway chose arena mode and my character was still around. Instead of having most of his health at red damage, he had about 80% full health, lightly injured.
Are you sure you didn't just lose a "hire" guy and the one you came back to at 80% was your original dude?

dustbiter

I play with only one character per arena game. A male character in one game and a female character in another.

This sword belongs in adept rank. Yeah it's a bit shorter than most swords, but look at its stats.

Last edited:

Baka-sama

A bit random here, but has anyone else thought about how going berserk would be a cool mechanic in Sui Generis? Maybe you could ingest some herbs, or get a skill to go berserk. I'm thinking in this state you would be immune to stamina damage, meaning you couldn't be knocked out and only red damage could kill you. Another effect could be increased speed and power with your weapons.
The downside could be that when your berserker rage ends you fall unconscious, and your rage could end when either enough time has passed or you aren't attacking or moving enough, meaning you would have to go on an all-out attack, simply dodging or blocking blows waiting for your chance to attack would break you out of the rage.
Thoughts?

CalenLoki

Yup, taking drugs before combat seems as quite interesting mechanics. But I'm against complete immunity - it feels gamey as hell, and it should include red damage too - after all berserker often fought without armour. Instead I'd just increase (double? triple?) amount of damage (stamina or permanent alike) required to bring you down, at cost of no stamina regen or healing for extended amount of time (20 min?). Also it could increase damage required to cancel your attack animation and increase strength. Maybe even some graphical effect? Like "tunnel vision" where you see only around yourself and cursor.
Effect would gradually vanish over time (5 min?), so if you take more than your normal durability, you'd fall down (or even die) after the battle. Dealing damage could prolong both positive and negative effects.

There could be also herbs of opposite effect - at cost of lower stamina limit (half) you regenerate it much faster.

Baka-sama

Great ideas, love the tunnel vision, and I hadn't considered armour :oops:, though I feel that for something like going berserk the game should have a more advanced health system, like they have in the game Kenshi. I mentioned this earlier in the thread but that was a looong time ago, so I'll give the details again.
The game Kenshi has a system where all your body parts (head, chest, arms) have separate health bars, and you have a total blood count. If one of your limbs gets too damaged you can't use it again until it heals, or if you take too much damage you could lose it entirely (that would go over well with the gore lovers;)) and if you lose too much blood you will fall unconscious or die. I'm sure you can see how well that would go with doping up and going berserk.:D

burgzaza

Insider
So I just lost my main character in the arena. I went into a master/novice skirmish, and thought I'd use my main with his basic clothes, for the fun of it. A dagger two shot me. I feel no hate, only peace.
so 1 main, 3 recruits and 3 hirelings ,all experts and well geared as you can see, for dramatic purpose :

I immediately thought of this : My main died. Not any of these fellows. So what would be neat is if they (or maybe just hirelings as they have a unique name and appearance) would still be around. You could face them again in the arena randomly, and even recruit them back into your new "guild" for a price depending on the quality of their armor and their rank maybe.
If there are other guilds to compete against in tournament and make things really personal, your old hirelings would seek a new guild and possibly join another one.

Sorry if this is has been already mentionned or is planned.

-Tim-

Insider
So I just lost my main character in the arena. I went into a master/novice skirmish, and thought I'd use my main with his basic clothes, for the fun of it. A dagger two shot me. I feel no hate, only peace.
so 1 main, 3 recruits and 3 hirelings ,all experts and well geared as you can see, for dramatic purpose :

I immediately thought of this : My main died. Not any of these fellows. So what would be neat is if they (or maybe just hirelings as they have a unique name and appearance) would still be around. You could face them again in the arena randomly, and even recruit them back into your new "guild" for a price depending on the quality of their armor and their rank maybe.
If there are other guilds to compete against in tournament and make things really personal, your old hirelings would seek a new guild and possibly join another one.

Sorry if this is has been already mentionned or is planned.
This sounds like a really cool idea and should be an excellent way to make losing everything when your main dies (which is kind of weird and smells a bit like artificial difficulty/punishment to me) taste less bitter.

Don Kanaille

Insider
This would fit neatly with making arena a bit more consistent and immersive in general. Currently, all the opponents you face are generated randomly on the spot and never seen again after the fight. But it would be great if instead you had a pool of named fighters circulating through the ranks, earning money and skills and maybe dying just like you do. You could form rivalries with certain AI characters which you encounter in different matches, learn their prefered fighting style, and possibly even hire them into your team. You could also choose if you finish off a defeated opponent to kill them for good or spare their lifes so they can continiue their careers. And if NPCs have to consider their own life, they´ll maybe be a bit more defensive when on low health or even forfeit, who knows.

burgzaza

Insider
The thing is it would only be interesting if we can recognize a ex-guild member, like after 30 matches played with a new guild.
With even more content, like equipment, skills, "personality", "traits", voices, and maybe listing the names of the fighters in some way, we potentially could really recognize an old friend at the start of a match, and this could feel different.
I really like the pool of mercenaries mechanic, you talk about. I have a feeling that the arena is going to be as immersive as the main game at some point :)
There would have to be a new one generated of the same rank the one you killed and random gear/skills, in order to maintain a pool maybe.

The "spare or finish off" thing could be great, but would be something that happens in particular conditions, maybe special matches like tournaments ? Or with character having a really strong relationship only, good or bad ?
With everyone it would break the pace of fights.
How would it work ? If you win the fight without killing the opponent, just lowering his stamina to 0, he would have a chance to remain conscious.
Would either just curse/beg you, just writhe in pain or just silently stare at you, claps and congratulates you, laugh... maybe a potential audience could also influence you "Kill the pigface!" "Boooo"... :D
And you can just ignore that, finish him off or salute... etc; and continue...

Now all of this sounds like tons of work and far to be in the next top 100 things to do lol.

Last edited:

Don Kanaille

Insider
I thought of it really simple... if an enemy gets only knocked out, he remains in the pool. If he gets defeated because his health dropped to zero or because you kept chopping him up after he went down he is permanently removed from the pool (it can already happen to the player if he gets hit by something after getting KOed, so it would only be fair if NPCs faced the same danger).

However, permanently killing an NPC could be discouraged by making other NPCs more likely to finish you off as well if you become a known no mercy fighter.

Tyon

That picture is exactly what I was imagining. Would gladly sacrifice some arm protection or even downgrade to an open faced helmet for that.

NachoDawg

I think I'd drop my mail before sacrificing face protection, because at this point you'd be very protected from slashing and bashing all over any way :p

Cool video! I personally am good at protecting my kings gold, but I have one shot npcs by jabbing their coin purse,

Also it would be nice to see some belly guards

Tyon

A larger metal shield would also be nice, I like using sword and shield in the expert arena sometimes but the heater shield does not look all that aesthetically pleasing with all that plate armor on, but that's just me.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.