Thoughts and Ideas General

Qazlal

It hurts to see that my character uses metal sabatons without socks.
So my idea is to add socks to the game.

ChavaiotH

I'm betting on socks definitely having existed in medieval culture
Maybe for the rich ones. Personally I think, rags are more effective if wearing sabatons.

"Your majesty, here are your white personal rags with initials, for these superior sabatons" lol

Last edited:

NachoDawg

if only for cosmetic purposes, at least 3 layers of clothes/armor on the feet would be great

ankle socks, high-socks, or stockings + shoe/sabaton (and alternatively) over-shoe protection

Tyon

Shouldn't sabatons be worn over the shoe?

Here's a nice video on them:

This guy goes really in-depth when it comes to armor, and I think the devs could utilise some of his vids as a reference when desiging armor.

Sykriss

Would love to see faulds, tassets and/or ciusse added to protect the hip/waist/upper leg areas, as I've noticed that the majority of the red damage I take at Expert is from upper leg hits. Also, brigandines and coats of plates would be pretty awesome.

Some sort of trader needs to be added to the arena to make finding specific gear or specifically colored gear easier. I absolutely love the variety, just hate how hard it is to find matching stuff! (Speaking on this, I have literally never seen a purple padded coat/purple arming cap in 40+ hours of gameplay)

Also, something I'm curious about is the ranged combat in Exanima/SG. I don't think there's been any footage yet of it, which is kinda unfortunate as it's one of my most sought after features :p I was thinking about how much it would affect the current arena meta last night. 2H users would have to rely on their armor as their only defense.

Edit 2-18-16:

Some other suggestions (I may add more with time):

The possibility for a helmet to be knocked off given a powerful enough blow and the right angle for such a thing to occur, as well as the option of strapping a helm to a cuirass.

A line of sight system that only allows your character to see roughly 175 degrees in front of him would be an interesting gameplay element; this ties into using helmets, as well, as I would suggest having those affect your visual cone. Areas that you have previously 'seen' but are not looking at that moment would still be visible, but darkened, and any movement in that area would not update or be seen until you actually looked in that direction again. I feel like this would add immersion to the game as well as give a needed negative to wearing a closed-face helm. Not sure if this has been previously suggested or not, if it has I apologize.

Jack chains in place of spaulders for use at aspirant and higher ranks. Really, really hoping this gets implemented as it's quite unique and they would serve a very good purpose in aspirant arena matches as well as early to early-1/3rd game armor.

Leather vambraces or bracers with metal bands for reinforcement.

Padded coats/gambesons with maille attached around the armpits and inner elbows, adding protection to areas that are exposed with plate armor.

And finally, my most poignant suggestion of them all; mod support. This game has potential oozing out of every orifice, and I can't even begin to imagine all the kinds of weapons/armor/arenas/maps/etc the community would churn out given the tools needed to get them in-game. I read somewhere that one thing putting the devs off from mod support (early on, at least) was exposing us to assets that aren't implemented yet. A very straightforward solution to this (in my opinion) is simply to remove the content you don't want us seeing, and when you want us to see it, include it in update data. Allowing the community to create their own content for others to use extends both the game's lifetime and the players interest in it, as well as providing the devs with possible game assets given that it is both a sufficient quality and that the creator(s) is okay with that(of which I'm sure they would be honored).

TL;DR: Mod support please. :)

Last edited:

SyllaBear

I dont know if this sugestion was made already but... when someone is hurt or in low life/stamina he should be slower and less accurate in his atacks.

I dont know if this sugestion was made already but... when someone is hurt or in low life/stamina he should be slower and less accurate in his atacks.
Hoping the developers will come deeper in relation to this. If there are virtual muscles involved in the control of the character, then it would be logical to use them.
For example, if a blow struck in the leg, a part of the muscles in this area could be disabled or operates slowly - so the character will move with difficulty, slowly and limping (as it happens in real life).
In the case of hands - there will be useful to change your dominant hand (left-handed / right-handed) and skill like "both handed-ness".

SyllaBear

Hoping the developers will come deeper in relation to this. If there are virtual muscles involved in the control of the character, then it would be logical to use them.
For example, if a blow struck in the leg, a part of the muscles in this area could be disabled or operates slowly - so the character will move with difficulty, slowly and limping (as it happens in real life).
In the case of hands - there will be useful to change your dominant hand (left-handed / right-handed) and skill like "both handed-ness".
Yeah, almost what ive been thinking. Maybe its too much, but would be highly interesting.
For example i love to atack left leg from shield users, and they still moving really quick.

Tyon

I hope a sheathing system is implemented in the arena. I'd love to have a poleaxe as my primary weapon, but have an arming sword or a mace to fall back to as a secondary/sidearm weapon. It would also be nice to see it in the story mode, since it's kinda odd and immersion breaking to have your weapon appear out of thin air.

konggary

I hope a sheathing system is implemented in the arena. I'd love to have a poleaxe as my primary weapon, but have an arming sword or a mace to fall back to as a secondary/sidearm weapon. It would also be nice to see it in the story mode, since it's kinda odd and immersion breaking to have your weapon appear out of thin air.
There are some strong opinions on this in the forums

Gsprfdude

I think the devs have confirmed that there will be a sheathing system in the future, but I'm not sure if there will be any visuals like seeing your sheathed weapon on your character.

Tyon

The only strong opinions I see is regarding two handed weapons, however when it comes to one handed weapons it seems that everyone agrees it would be a nice feature, but it's probably not very high priority for the devs.

I'm fine with just a functional sheathing system, but it would be a very nice touch to actually see your weapon on your character. Baremettle seems to love adding little details to the environment, so I'm sure they also want to do the same with when it comes to our characters.

Kacy Hill

I strongly feel the pugilism is a great asset to the game and perfectly understood concept of fighting. Saying this I also believe adding kicks into the game a thrust kick would double as a push kick, normal kick could be a typical round house, obviously its not that simple, just an idea.
P.S.Maybe even elbows, knees and spin kicks, and even a ring/cage, in all seriousness I'm enjoying this game so far.
Edit: The front/teep kick could also be useful for the fighting with weapons, as sometimes you might be to close or even want to push target away, its not all to do with fist fighting. Ya'know Kick in the door, waving the four four.

Last edited:

Peasant135

I would love to be able to equip double gear items(shoes, glowes, vambraces etc.) one at a time, maybe by dragging them onto left(right) sides of the character model, like in the picture. This would be useful when customizing your character gear like when you equip a shield you dont really need glove/vambrace on that hand.

Attachments

Knave

I'd like to see enemies that interact with the player in a meaningful way. With SG's physics you could easily have monster enemies that grab you, smash you, chew you and all sorts of cool nasty things we'd like to avoid happening to us.
It would be relatively easy to implement, for example, a monster skill that makes them grab you and consume your HP unless you slash his hand a few times.

I've seen something similar happening on that giant flail monster vs knights video so I'm really happy about what you've got so far. It looks amazing.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.