Sad update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyllaBear

Now when all the yellow bar is smoked you just get knock down instead of death, making your character invincible.
This game could take a good turn, could be more challenging and funny. But its practically like a god mode for kids. Really sad, im so pissed.

Elaxter

Insider
Now when all the yellow bar is smoked you just get knock down instead of death, making your character invincible.
This game could take a good turn, could be more challenging and funny. But its practically like a god mode for kids. Really sad, im so pissed.
If you have paid attention to anything the developers have said about the game, you'll know that the concept for knockouts has been planned way before even Exanima's conception. It doesn't make your character invincible, because your character can still die if the red bar engulfs your entire health bar.

This isn't your game, and if you don't like it you can stop playing.

SyllaBear

Tipicall answer "you dont like you dont play". You are added now to my ignore list.

I dont care if they thought it before times (ive already readed that excuse), it adds easy to the game. And thats not good because the game is not that hard.

"I ate my bro cookies. Is not because i want to leave him without cookies but ive been planning to eat them long time before. Ask my grand ma, she knows that i allways eat the cookies".
Practically what i just readed.

Are you triggered? Don't worry I still think you're an epic hardcore gamer.
I dont give a flying f about what you think about me. Its all about enjoying the game, and being invincible is not it.

Chase

Insider
Don't be so quick to judge, as the unconsciousness mechanic is not even finished yet. As of right now, you only lose a little bit of health when you fall unconscious, but in the future many things may happen to you. You could get dragged off somewhere, looted, etc. Not only that, but there will be deadlier enemies (and traps that will likely be very deadly regardless of armor) to come later in the game. We are only barely out of the tutorial area of the game, so we cannot judge how difficult the full experience will be. I anticipate that we will have our fair share of difficulty as the new levels are developed.

Elaxter

Insider
Tipicall answer "you dont like you dont play". You are added now to my ignore list.

I dont care if they thought it before times (ive already readed that excuse), it adds easy to the game. And thats not good because the game is not that hard.

"I ate my bro cookies. Is not because i want to leave him without cookies but ive been planning to eat them long time before. Ask my grand ma, she knows that i allways eat the cookies".
Practically what i just readed.

I dont give a flying f about what you think about me. Its all about enjoying the game, and being invincible is not it.

Fine, play what you don't like. I'm saying that it doesn't add "easy" to the game, it just adds another layer. I hardly think getting knocked out and looted/dragged around/whatever is a good thing that I don't mind happening.

SyllaBear

Don't be so quick to judge, as the unconsciousness mechanic is not even finished yet. As of right now, you only lose a little bit of health when you fall unconscious, but in the future many things may happen to you. You could get dragged off somewhere, looted, etc. Not only that, but there will be deadlier enemies (and traps that will likely be very deadly regardless of armor) to come later in the game. We are only barely out of the tutorial area of the game, so we cannot judge how difficult the full experience will be. I anticipate that we will have our fair share of difficulty as the new levels are developed.
What instantly comes to my head when experiencing that is to receive, minimum, 40% of permanent dmg. Its not that good for me to go over there like Jesus.

Zombies would be just keep beating you in the floor... skeletons, whatever monster comes to your mind. And i thought that every monster could revive like me and i just kept smashing them, just to be sure.

Chase

Insider
What instantly comes to my head when experiencing that is to receive, minimum, 40% of permanent dmg. Its not that good for me to go over there like Jesus.
There will be serious and appropriate consequences for being defeated in combat when the mechanics are finished, and I am certain the devs will do a good job of keeping the game difficult and interesting. You need to have more faith in our lord and savior Bare Mettle!

SyllaBear

There will be serious and appropriate consequences for being defeated in combat when the mechanics are finished, and I am certain the devs will do a good job of keeping the game difficult and interesting. You need to have more faith in our lord and savior Bare Mettle!
I hope, because i finally found a challenging single player that i really enjoy and they start adding easy stuff.

Losing a big amount of health and some items (your best ones...) would be a good trade, but not fair compared to a permanent death.

Or just maybe add game modes? Hardcore: no check points (nothing, absolutly) and permanent death even when you lose all your... stamina? And i would like random map. Soft: with knockdown. And cheat mode with maps, knock down, no permanent dmg and no keys or something like that, that sort of easy stuff that kids like.
And of course a sign that shows what mode you are playing.

Last edited:

Elaxter

Insider
I hope, because i finally found a challenging single player that i really enjoy and they start adding easy stuff.
I don't think you understand. Like Chase said, there will be serious consequences for being knocked out. Think of it like Mount and Blade. Your character never died, they were just taken as prisoner for a number of days until you managed to escape. Sometimes you lost gear, sometimes not, but every time you lost time - which means you could have went past the deadline for a much needed quest or missed a feast or whatever.

Easy would be regenerating red health or more potions or full plate right out the gate.

How does the ignoring system work, anyway?

yamakia

I may not have had a profile on this forum for a very long time as I prefer to lurk, however I hope that Bare Mettle sticks to their current vision of how they intend the game to be rather than listening to new and toxic members of the community.

It's kind of funny, when there was permanent death some people thought the game was too hardcore and wanted easier combat. Now it's the opposite, not hardcore enough!

I think the unconsciousness mechanic is a good idea. Combat is no easier, but the game doesn't totally end unless you cop full red damage. If interesting things happen when you're knocked out, and you lose some gear as a punishment, I think that adds to the game.

SyllaBear

Well, for me just quits to the game. You no longer feel that panic when you suddenly find two zombies and you are really scared and want to run away at all costs. Now instead "omg, i will just fight them, what do i have to lose? Just knock down LOL".
NOT.

I may not have had a profile on this forum for a very long time as I prefer to lurk, however I hope that Bare Mettle sticks to their current vision of how they intend the game to be rather than listening to new and toxic members of the community.
How to be toxic: have just 1 comment to claim others are toxic.

Good job there.

Well, for me just quits to the game. You no longer feel that panic when you suddenly find two zombies and you are really scared and want to run away at all costs. Now instead "omg, i will just fight them, what do i have to lose? Just knock down LOL".
NOT.
WAAAT?! If those zombies beat sh*t out of you (your character of course, hehe) to the whole red scale, then you'll drop down dead as in previous versions, what's the problem? But are you still wearing armour?
Try to play this game in another ways - unarmoured, barehanded, etc. You'll gain your lovely red damage again then. I'm still not telling you, how to live and play, ok? Just talking (that's forum is existing for).

Also, maybe there will be some kind of finishing blows (or zombies/Sir will chew you up instead), who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.