Sad update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyon

It's an incomplete function, what part of that don't you understand? Of course there is need for improvement, but there will be improvement for sure, stop acting like the devs don't know what they're doing, because it makes you come off as hostile and arrogant.

I'd imagine there is going to be major consequences for getting knocked out once the unconsciousness function is expanded upon. If you really want more difficulty that badly, run around naked and fight every enemy with a sharp weapon you see, problem solved.

SyllaBear

Well, i dont really care if it is a complete or incomplete, it was better without it entirely.

I will not do something stupid like someone like you can advise: "run around naked". How old have you to be to say that? I will bound to the game, i will not run naked, i will not delete my character when it gets knock down... etc. If the game offers it, then great. I deleted my char when i felt like doing it.
Stop telling me how to play, im done with that and i am serious.

I see you allways trying to add fuel to the fire. The same as the other ignored user that keep posting everywhere i go (im glad these forums eliminate completly that person, not showing even the nick).

It's an incomplete function, what part of that don't you understand? Of course there is need for improvement, but there will be improvement for sure, stop acting like the devs don't know what they're doing, because it makes you come off as hostile and arrogant.

I'd imagine there is going to be major consequences for getting knocked out once the unconsciousness function is expanded upon. If you really want more difficulty that badly, run around naked and fight every enemy with a sharp weapon you see, problem solved.
Just ignore him. He's doesn't understand the concept of a beta. If not that, he's just fucking with all of us on a mass scale. Also, if you are going to reply to him, inform him of how I post everywhere, not just where he goes.

konggary

There have been multiple comprehensive counter-posts by various users, it has become obvious that Syllabear will not change his view, but I will try one more time.

KO does not make the game easier, it makes it more forgiving. A KO is still very undesirable for the player, due to red damage & misc. consequences. The KO mechanic in no way makes the gameplay less challenging for the player, it just allows the player to maintain a sense of continuity and immersion.

You say that the lack of instadeath makes it less intense, and this is true. For a little while.
With the KO mechanic (combined with the low number of healing salves), the stress of death is more gradual and MUCH more potent. By dying 10 times, you lose all sense of mortality, making death meaningless. When you remain immersed and attached to your character through the KO system, the final "Oh fuck" when you are about to die is a lot more substantial.

A metaphor, if you please: some horror games throw jumpscares at you (instadeath), which is spooky for the first few times but you get used to it while trying to finish the game. Other horror games build up the spook through atmosphere and tension (KO), which leads to more fresh and intense scares, and an overall better game experience.

Take it or leave it, just provide a substantial argument, please.

SyllaBear

Not sure why are you trying so hard... i already stated:
The game will not feel the same with the ko... i was really enjoying the hardcore feel that when ive played d2 for example.
But if everyone its okay with adding easy to the game, then ill try to enjoy it anyways. But be sure it wont be the same enjoyment.
I am just answering the non reading users... not sure if they are trolling or serious anyways.
--

So here's my rant again.

Forgiving= easier, less desirable, less challenging.
Everyone likes ko, i cant swim against the river.

What is the problem to die and try next week? How hard can it be to learn to fight, like that guy that told us that can take 2-3 zombies without taking dmg? How hard can be to take half bar dmg and step back if you feel like you are about to die (to get koed now...) and close a door to prevent monster to get you? How hard can be explore very slowly, enjoying the suspense in the air like if in any corner something will jump over you, and be very careful and ready to run back if something giantic is coming after you and to think in a tactic to handle the situation???

This is what ive been talking with friends. Its like every game is getting easier or with less content so people go just straight to the end without dificult and they eat the game in less than 1 week because if not, they will complain about how broken the game is, or hard, or unplayable etc. etc. etc. Then jump to the next game to repeat the cycle and leave the game they were playing taking dust in a corner.
Dont take me wrong, i am not the choosen one, but i am seeing this a lot. Or at least feeling it.

I dont want to play other game i want to play this one... so please stop with the sugestions about how should i play it, that if i dont like it i should leave or offering me other games. If you dont like my opinions just let the thread die and everything solved.

ps: just a short story. With my father we played a lot family console game, and there is a game called 1942. We couldnt get to the end back then. My father time to time played that game over the years without luck, he could do good scores and all but not reaching the end of it. So after maybe about 15 years later (aprox, a bit more) i felt nostalgic and downloaded the family simulator for pc and played that game. My father aproach to watch me play. So almost next to the end (didnt know about it) and with the last life, i get straight to the end.
Man, that day felt amazing... the game we couldnt beat when we played so many years back was finally done.
I dont remember if it took me half or one hour, but it was really intense because the game was somehow broken and some misiles were invisibles until they were near you. It added some dificult to it.

This is why, within others reasons, i love challenging stuff. It makes you play harder and better. When you end it you feel realized and happy. And maybe in a future you will play it again, to claim the victory once more.

Pillars of eternity was near the same, i really enjoyed that game but it becomed repetitive. Even the items where the same location. Same story with a few variations, etc...

ps2: im pretty sure i am the only one who enjoyed the maze in act one, with the wall handlers and all that sort of stuff... i expect more mazes, dangerous mazes ;D

Last edited:

Tyon

Stop telling me how to play, im done with that and i am serious.

I see you allways trying to add fuel to the fire. The same as the other ignored user that keep posting everywhere i go (im glad these forums eliminate completly that person, not showing even the nick).
Then stop telling us how to play, simple as that. You have the option to play "hardcore" yet you choose not to do it and instead sit on the forum and complain. This feature is here to stay whether you like it or not.

You're one of the most toxic people I've seen on these forums. Why do you feel the need to point out in every other post that you have people on ignore? No one gives a shit.

SyllaBear

Then stop telling us how to play, simple as that. You have the option to play "hardcore" yet you choose not to do it and instead sit on the forum and complain. This feature is here to stay whether you like it or not.

You're one of the most toxic people I've seen on these forums. Why do you feel the need to point out in every other post that you have people on ignore? No one gives a shit.
First i didnt know about it, neither heard of it. For me was something totally new.
I didnt tell you how to play, i complained about it being easy. I am not sure what is your understanding problem, there is a BIG diference to tell someone how to play and to complain about a thing being easy.

If you think i am toxic or you dont like my complains, rants or whatever thing you like to call it: ignore me. Your life will change. Heck, like if my word has so much weight...
I point it (about ignore) so them dont post or quote me in other threads, they wont lose time doing it. But it seems that one of them is not smart enough to stop doing it, even when i alerted him. So there you have the reason.

So now if you do me a favor, stop trying to bait me to derail the thread. Thank you.

cnileoleman

Insider
Consider that older games tended to be harder because they were smaller and didn't have as much content. There's also a difference between hard and punishing, which the devs must take into account.

What is the purpose of this thread exactly? If the devs devote time to making a harder mode they aren't working on other parts of the game, and making a new mode to balance the game a certain way makes no sense when they still need to balance the feature they added, which will change the balance of the game. How many times have you beaten it?

NachoDawg

@SyllaBear I think people are repeating themselves because you're not acknowledging the points people bring up. For example that KO is the first game mechanic in the line of several others that make it less forgiving that it currently is. It's hard to have a respectful conversation when the conversation only goes one way :p

Maybe addressing the points people bring up in your thread would make for a healthier discussion and less "baiting and derailing". This forum can be very, very civilized if everyone tries to follow some level of etiquette

SyllaBear

@SyllaBear I think people are repeating themselves because you're not acknowledging the points people bring up. For example that KO is the first game mechanic in the line of several others that make it less forgiving that it currently is. It's hard to have a respectful conversation when the conversation only goes one way :p

Maybe addressing the points people bring up in your thread would make for a healthier discussion and less "baiting and derailing". This forum can be very, very civilized if everyone tries to follow some level of etiquette
I thought about it... i dont see how being careful cant handle perma death. I am not sure how would you get so damaged to get knocked down, running back heals the lost stamina. Even if they are preparing a big surprise for the upper levels, a monster so strong that keeps you ko... then that feature would be needed. But like the other guys said, it would be punishing instead of challenging.

But anyways, like the cancerous guy said "The KO system isn't going away", so let this thread rest in peace. There is no way i can give any sugestion not knowing what awaits us. If it is just the average monsters with weapons then the ko system will be like a said, a waste, an easy feature added.

ps: before i forget about it... the armor you get in the 4th level should be strong enough for you to dont get permanent dmg, like in the arena. Thats why i said "godmode", you get knocked down and wake up with a little perma dmg (for now).

Last edited:

Tony

Insider
There is no way i can give any sugestion not knowing what awaits us. If it is just the average monsters with weapons then the ko system will be like a said, a waste, an easy feature added.

ps: before i forget about it... the armor you get in the 4th level should be strong enough for you to dont get permanent dmg, like in the arena. Thats why i said "godmode", you get knocked down and wake up with a little perma dmg (for now).
Do you really believe Bare Mettle would spend time implementing a feature that isn't well thought out and a "waste of time"? If the devs spend time to implement a feature then it is a safe bet there is good reason for it to exist.

There will be many dangerous areas in the upcoming levels. Also, armor is being reworked so that it will be possible to do red damage to someone wearing full plate armor.

SyllaBear

Do you really believe Bare Mettle would spend time implementing a feature that isn't well thought out and a "waste of time"? If the devs spend time to implement a feature then it is a safe bet there is good reason for it to exist.

There will be many dangerous areas in the upcoming levels. Also, armor is being reworked so that it will be possible to do red damage to someone wearing full plate armor.
I never thought that Blizzard would create a game like d3, which ive waited for so long...

I didnt know armor is being reworked, can you link me the source?
And i once blown someone eyes with a closed helmet in the arena, just a lucky hit. I can bet that guy got his share of permanent dmg.

SyllaBear

Oh come on... Do you know this is beta, boy? Do you know betas aren't balanced? Do you know developers are still working on it? Why are you so naive?
Is asking the source of a statement to be naive? I have zero idea they were planning that and i want to read it fully.

Try harder next time...

ps: read this so you dont look naive in your next comment https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development
Well, i shouldnt ask you that...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.