Two handed sword without point.

SyllaBear

Will be it repairable???

It seems like an interesting weapon. Maybe some magic atribute or something like that when its repaired.

The sword is built without a point(the physical kind, not the intentional kind) on purpose. There is a thread somewhere with more information upon this subject.

MindSliver

The design of the sword is not unlike a sword used by executioners to remove a head. it's point was to increase weight in the foible so that it could pass cleanly through the neck in one shot. Since it was only used for executions there was no need for a stabbing end and tapering the end to a point would only remove material from it, making it lighter and thus less effective at cutting.

SyllaBear

The design of the sword is not unlike a sword used by executioners to remove a head. it's point was to increase weight in the foible so that it could pass cleanly through the neck in one shot. Since it was only used for executions there was no need for a stabbing end and tapering the end to a point would only remove material from it, making it lighter and thus less effective at cutting.
Nvm.
A point wont make it cut more, the blade is already wide enough to have more mass, thats why it has 3.5 impact and 4 slash. More impact that any sword you will find. Adding back its point would add more range and thrust.

Adding back its point would add more range and thrust.
So why does the executioner's sword need a point, boy? To land a final stab? That's silly (miserycorde already exists!).
There is also another question - will you worry about decreasing balance and attack speed of this sword after adding a point, when it will transform into huge slow piece of metal?

So why does the executioner's sword need a point, boy? To land a final stab? That's silly (miserycorde already exists!).
There is also another question - will you worry about decreasing balance and attack speed of this sword after adding a point, when it will transform into huge slow piece of metal?
He wants an executioner's sword that has a point, but also doesn't have a point.

SyllaBear

Why would a tiny piece of metal would do that? Make any sense please.
The sword is already bigger than others and the stats are already diferent from others.

Why would a tiny piece of metal would do that? Make any sense please.
The sword is already bigger than others and the stats are already diferent from others.
You won't hear this.or you will you lying fuck.
He's referring to how you just made a sword without a point, even less pointless by adding a point.

MindSliver

Nvm.
A point wont make it cut more, the blade is already wide enough to have more mass, thats why it has 3.5 impact and 4 slash. More impact that any sword you will find. Adding back its point would add more range and thrust.
I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm not saying that this sword was made IN THIS GAME for the purposes of being better at cutting. what I'm saying is that in REALITY executioners swords existed and they didn't have points because executioners didn't stab people.

When making a sword you don't start with a point and then cut it off to make an executioners swords, you start with a sword blank that has no sharp (or even shaped) tip. it just comes to an end like a bar. if you're making a highly specialized sword that requires no tip then why would you go to the trouble of creating a thrusting tip when the only thing it would do is make the tip of the sword lighter and thus reduce it's cutting capacity slightly for absolutely no gain in functionality?

SyllaBear

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm not saying that this sword was made IN THIS GAME for the purposes of being better at cutting. what I'm saying is that in REALITY executioners swords existed and they didn't have points because executioners didn't stab people.

When making a sword you don't start with a point and then cut it off to make an executioners swords, you start with a sword blank that has no sharp (or even shaped) tip. it just comes to an end like a bar. if you're making a highly specialized sword that requires no tip then why would you go to the trouble of creating a thrusting tip when the only thing it would do is make the tip of the sword lighter and thus reduce it's cutting capacity slightly for absolutely no gain in functionality?
I understand that. But i see two things, is called sword and not executioner sword. It has double edge as far as i can see. If you will make an executioner sword... why would add two edges? Why not making a flat side, even gaining more weight by doing so to execute even better. Is like you wont kill with the first move with that sword...
So the first thought it comes to my mind is that that sword lost its point for x reason.

I am not too much into swords but... why would lose cutting power by adding a point?

So taking a better look at it

Its indeed like that, pointless. Nvm the whole thread lol.

I still would like a two handed sword with wide blade with atributes mentioned before... it would be cool.

MindSliver

I understand that. But i see two things, is called sword and not executioner sword. It has double edge as far as i can see. If you will make an executioner sword... why would add two edges? Why not making a flat side, even gaining more weight by doing so to execute even better. Is like you wont kill with the first move with that sword...
So the first thought it comes to my mind is that that sword lost its point for x reason.

I am not too much into swords but... why would lose cutting power by adding a point?

So taking a better look at it

Its indeed like that, pointless. Nvm the whole thread lol.

I still would like a two handed sword with wide blade with atributes mentioned before... it would be cool.
True enough it's not called an executioner's sword. but it does look exactly like an executioners sword. Many of which were very wide and double edged with a flat end. Not that all of them were of course. Many cultures used curved swords for cutting and they were very effective. A scimitar was very effectively used to end many lives both in battle and executions but they were not then known as "Executioners Swords". I think the particular type of sword I'm talking about was made this way because it just happened to be the style of the time, not that they needed both edges.

The reason you would lose weight when creating a tip is because you're not adding more material to the blade. you're not ADDing a tip to it. you're taking the blade as it is and grinding OFF material until it's a point. a point that you don't need. When the idea is to have a nice heavy blade, grinding off material to make a point is a useless endeavor. Anyways I've droned on long enough about this haha. Cheers.

True enough it's not called an executioner's sword. but it does look exactly like an executioners sword. Many of which were very wide and double edged with a flat end. Not that all of them were of course. Many cultures used curved swords for cutting and they were very effective. A scimitar was very effectively used to end many lives both in battle and executions but they were not then known as "Executioners Swords". I think the particular type of sword I'm talking about was made this way because it just happened to be the style of the time, not that they needed both edges.

The reason you would lose weight when creating a tip is because you're not adding more material to the blade. you're not ADDing a tip to it. you're taking the blade as it is and grinding OFF material until it's a point. a point that you don't need. When the idea is to have a nice heavy blade, grinding off material to make a point is a useless endeavor. Anyways I've droned on long enough about this haha. Cheers.
You're never going to enlighten him or change his opinion. But, nice explanation.

Why would a tiny piece of metal would do that? Make any sense please
Would do what? Be a huge slow (also unbalanced) piece of metal? Hmm, maybe that because of extending lever with material of high mass?.. that's simple physics, boy.

Nope, it's not bigger, i.e. longer, but it's heavier. Stats are different just because - I'm repeating - it's already very massive, not huge. So if you'll add a point to this (even till it reach lenght of other 2-handed swords), it will gain more weight, so its mass will increase, and its center of balance will get towards to its pointed end.

SyllaBear

Would do what? Be a huge slow (also unbalanced) piece of metal? Hmm, maybe that because of extending lever with material of high mass?.. that's simple physics, boy.
Nope, it's not bigger, i.e. longer, but it's heavier. Stats are different just because - I'm repeating - it's already very massive, not huge. So if you'll add a point to this (even till it reach lenght of other 2-handed swords), it will gain more weight, so its mass will increase, and its center of balance will get towards to its pointed end.
Can you explain me why this

(red edited point) would change the sword so greatly?

Okay...

That sword is not bigger than the left one. I just saw things, thank you.

Here is a definition of bigger if you dont understand english http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigger

Oh, thanx, boy, really so pleased. Impressive paints BTW you're already know everything 'bout that game.

Could you please explain, why this sword should be repairable, if it's already has its specialty?
Maybe there will be another swords - just as you dreamed of?

As for me there is some shortage of broken weapons in game - any broken 2-handed sword, which could be used as cleaver/machete or else (broken spear/polaxe/halberd).

Repairing of such sword isn't so interesting - to chain pointed edge - is that all? Really?
There should be more actions as finding some parts/ingredients, searching for master-blacksmith/runesmith/thaumaturge...
But that will be another, different sword - leave this one as it is. Please.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.