Game hanging error

Array

Experienced a new bug today. Been playing through from the start on a new char. Today I had an extended play session and moved from level 3 to level 4 - no problems until a couple of minutes into level 4 when having moved off from the first rooms with message down a corridor which got quick dark when suddenly the screen dimmed to black (as if I had put my torch away in a dark zone leaving the cursor frozen but visible. After perhaps 10-15s the light cam back again and the cursor unfroze - I think it stuttered brieflly and then was fine. I retraced my steps but about 10 s later the same thing happened again - a shorter freeze but then recovered. I played for another 40 s or so with no problems but then exited to save my progress in case it crashed.

I have played level 4 before on a previous build and never experienced this - I had been playing a while - possible memory issue?

Array

Oh ok thanks. I guess that means level 4 might have changed it some ways I hadn't expected. Keep up the good work - play is better than ever (zoom, fluidity, control) and I'm pretty sure that there is a lot of additional small detail in the early levels - but can we have more skeletons please? I just love the way those malevolent little fellas attack with a horrible tension - the pause whilst they wait for you to make the first move and the grinning - grinning all the time.

I feel that Id like to fight 3-4 at once Jason and the Argonauts style

EDIT: Scratch this I did fight 3-4 at once yesterday and it was really tough

Last edited:

Array

Ok I went through this loading areas again and this time after it had loaded a message came up saying 'invalid rfc header' game still worked afterwards though

went back to 4 and then back again to load 5 - it didnt happen second time

Last edited:

Tony

Insider
Ok I went through this loading areas again and this time after it had loaded a message came up saying 'invalid rfc header' game still worked afterwards though
That message just means the game had to fix some older files and shouldn't cause any issues.

Scarecrow

Insider
Perhaps adding a Sui Generis (or in this case, Exanima) logo on those black screens could help avoid confusion. When loading a bigger area, the loading time might become so long for some outdated computers that people might mistake it for an error of sorts.

Or maybe using the loading screens to add tidbits of general lore. For example: "The castle of Brimwatch have been ruled by the Oakheart family for hundreds years, ever since the end of Lord Preston's rebellion." Something along those lines. Nothing that is important in any way, but just tells you something about the world.

Array

Or perhaps something like "Your head swims and you briefly stagger. You sense that the universe around you is re-ordering itself and somewhere in its engine room enormous cogs are twisting it to a new alignment"

Or something less pretentious

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.