Map Editor & Worlds

Cooper Holt

Insider
I'm almost completely certain that a map editor won't be added to the vanilla full-version, but perhaps you could have multiple worlds instead. Biome (ecosystem) changing, terrain moving, object/NPC adding, etc. I would like this addition a lot. Any thoughts?

Wakko

Insider
I'd like to see a complete creation kit to be honest. I bet that is a lot, a lot of work..! But mods really adds years to the games lifespan. Hell, I've bought/started playing year old games I never would have bought/played again if it wasnt for the mods.

Pantheon

Insider
Modding tools not only add longevity to a game, but also might attract many new users, so I really hope that modding tools will come, but as said in the other thread, I doubt BM has time for something like that before release.

Cooper Holt

Insider
I don't mean just modding.
I mean hosting a LAN party on a war-zone that I made on a flat, basic world,
or changing a plains area to a wasteland area and making an Imps and Ghouls vs. Skeletons and Zombies deathmatch! :D

Wakko

Insider
Modding tools not only add longevity to a game, but also might attract many new users, so I really hope that modding tools will come, but as said in the other thread, I doubt BM has time for something like that before release.
Yeah I wouldnt expect any modding tools before release either. But one can hope! I just hope BM has modding tools in the back of their head while programming the engine and so on. I dont know how hard it is as I'm no programmer, but I'd think it would be easier to make modding tools later if they've prepared for it in the engine.

666jet

Insider
I want one i dont mind if it comes after the games out but... i really would like one i mean look at oblivion i played it for like 2000+ hours because of mods i mean my oblivion folder is around the 10gb mark

The tiniest hope of a terrain/world editor was pretty much what prompted me to back the game. After watching the video where Madoc places a farmhouse, makes some little adjustments to the surrounding earth, I just can't imagine a more exciting set of tools to play with.

Fingers firmly crossed.

Roland

Insider
Agreed. Map/World editor would be great. Plus, the fact that combat is more based upon skill than many other fantasy RPG games it would be really fun to create an area and test your skills against other players outside of the actual game. This also adds value and longevity to the game. I realize too, that the editor may only be able to be implemented outside of the actual ongoing world the devs create so they may not be interested in this.

SergeDavid

Insider
Personally I believe the map editor would be the easiest modding tool for them to include unless it was hooked up with all of the other editing tools. If it is separate we won't have access to all the game breaking tools until they can make it safer to work with and we'll have an easier time with play testing and making fun changes to the map to spice the world up.

I can picture Hunger games inspired Lan Parties where items are scattered along with booby traps all over the map. There will also be adventure type games and giant wars set up and some amazingly detailed and inspired creations. Other modding tools [Whatever you used to make the game] would be nice, but those can be added late beta or after the game has been released. We've got hundreads of people to figure out how to work the tools and the internet for them to slap them all over some wiki for the rest of us to learn from.

Siyeh

Insider
Hell, I've bought/started playing year old games I never would have bought/played again if it wasnt for the mods.
I'm currently playing through Fallout 3 on the PC with a pile of mods, and loving it! I can't agree with you more.

A map editor would be a wonderful place to start. I would like to create Arakis!

Alaknár

Insider
The first thing I thought after seeing the video on Kickstarter was: "OMG WOW".

The second thing was: "this game needs more Lightsabers!"

So, yeah, some modding tools and possibly a world editor would be a real treat. If Minecraft lives for so long with it's engine just think of all the things the community would do with Sui Generis...

NT122

Insider
I'd love mod tools. Can y'all imagine a Warhammer Fantasy mod? Wowza! Perhaps a Song of Ice and Fire total conversion(Game of Thrones) I'd rather they took their time with mod tools rather than rush them out with the game.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
I'd love mod tools. Can y'all imagine a Warhammer Fantasy mod? Wowza! Perhaps a Song of Ice and Fire total conversion(Game of Thrones) I'd rather they took their time with mod tools rather than rush them out with the game.
I was more thinking the Ragdoll mod, or a force sword, one hit makes them fly away.

kthula666

Insider
Would be great to see map/level design as a feature for future modding of the game. Would ensure a great fan base and some terrific follow up stuff to the main release.

Mimel

Insider
After we see the game release, play it, know it, evaluate it all, then the mods would be great.

If I look at NWN, I was thoroughly happy with the concept of any DM creating their own world/campaign for online users to play, private or public. I would be happy with that type of setup as well.

However, I also know that I personally don't have the time to do all of this. I prefer to have a great game first.

JamesButlin

Insider
I would just like access to the engine with the ability to spawn things in to be honest! Those physics are fantastic!

I'd spawn a hungred skeletons in a pile and drop something heavy on them, just to watch a seething mass of skeleton bones trying to re-assemble. Amongst other things. ;)

But of course if this were to happen, it should happen after the game's release, for the sake of longevity. :)

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.