Exanima 0.6.4.3

This looks awesome! Dual wielding is really fun. Also combat feels a lot smoother and fluid. Time for a new arena run... Main bloke was one hit in the head by an ogre. ouch...

Tony

Insider
So will the next big update contain a big addition to the story line ? That's what I'm reading in the post ;)

EDIT: Also I haven't noticed any Master Beast modes, are they in? The picture suggests that they should be in or be added in a small update soon
Yes, next major update will be more story content.

The expert and master ogre matches aren't in yet, only novice and adept (ogre in the screenshot above is adept ranked but Madoc is still working on adding more weapons and armor for the ogres). The higher ranked ogres will have better weapons and plate armor.

Array

Combat is smoother than ever and the new blocking and animation is really good - I love the way the characters hold and position shields to protect themselves - looks really cool.

Only 'problem' I've noticed is that I have had the occasional swing or thrust where my weapon clipped through the opponents but not register a hit - this has mainly been with wide sweeps at the head. Another example was a registered hit to the the body but the sword appeared to stick out the enemies back briefly - whilst when using the billhook i was literally stabbing through one enemies body and coming out the other side with no hit registered.

Characters also seem to turn faster - I've found myself facing the wrong way after a swing much more frequently and also that I need to be more careful with the mouse keeping the cursor much closer to me or it goes off the screen.

Finally is it possible to add two versions of some single handed weapons into the practice arena so you can dual wield two of the same weapon rather than mixed? (minor thing - obviusly in main arena mode and game you just obtain two of the same thing)

Last edited:

MrSharkus

Can I make a small suggestion? It would be nice if the hireling list had the rank/occupation next to their name. It would save me having to cycle through a bunch of inept people. Here's a picture of what I mean:

Exanima Suggestion.jpg

Edit: Also, are healer hirelings available or is that in the next update?

ZURdO

Hi, Im getting "Unknow application error" everytime I try to continue my arena character... Screen stays black 0.6.4.3c

I can use the practice mode but not the normal arena one

Tony

Insider
Hi, Im getting "Unknow application error" everytime I try to continue my arena character... Screen stays black 0.6.4.3c

I can use the practice mode but not the normal arena one
Try renaming the Exanima folder located in %appdata%\Exanima (paste this into Windows search box) and then launch the game. Your arena saves will be gone but if the new arena works without an error then you can replace the .rsg and .rcp files from the renamed folder into the new Exanima folder which was created to replace the old one.

ZURdO

Thanks Tony for your help. Unfortunatly it didnt work :(
After renaming the folder the new arena worked fine. But after copying those .rsg and .rcp files the error is the same.

Tony

Insider
Thanks Tony for your help. Unfortunatly it didnt work :(
After renaming the folder the new arena worked fine. But after copying those .rsg and .rcp files the error is the same.
According to Parco the bug is related to having the merchant hireling search for "Master" rank items. Can you please try setting the merchant to look for inept items and see if you still have the issue?

ZURdO

How can I access my merchant if I cant access my saved game?

For the record this is what happened:

I updated to 0.6.4.3 and played some time. Hired the merchant and continue playing. After some time I started to have some "Unknow app error" messages but game was still working.

The only strange thing was that when pressing the ESC key the menú that was showing up was the one with the "forfeit" option... even if I was not in combat but in the arena loby.

So I exited the game (with the X in window mode). When I tried to start the game again an update in steam was executed (for 0.6.4.3c). When I started again and selected arena mode and continue I was able to see my main player page. But as soon as I press continue to access the arena loby the error pops up and the screen is black.

Last edited:

Tony

Insider
How can I access to my merchant if I cant access to my saved game?
Ah, I didn't realize it was going black immediately before you were even in the arena hub. Well, it may be possible for Madoc to recover the game if you send the arena .rsg file to him [email protected] with a description of the issue; although the save may be totally corrupted and not fixable but doesn't hurt to try. And in either case it may help Madoc to solve the bug.

ZURdO

Ok I will do that, thanks again Tony... I hope It can be fixed because I had 4 Master Hirelings and 4 Master Recruits

Tony

Insider
Ok I will do that, thanks again Tony... I hope It can be fixed because I had 4 Master Hirelings and 4 Master Recruits
If your save can't be recovered I can always send you my save just so you can try the new content without having to start again from scratch :).

Qazlal

I have a bug with merchants as well: if you will try to wear something on your merchant - the item does not apper in his inventory, so you can disrobe the item only from merchant's doll. If you will try to replace the item by another one, worn one will disapper.

Valda

There's a minor bug in 0.6.4.3c. In story mode, I can equip the leather boots (both types) over other footwear (shoes, boots and greaves).

EDIT: Sometimes it's fixed by restarting the game, but later it happens again.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.