MrIdontKnow's Magically Wonderful Guide To The Search Button

MrIdontKnow

Insider
A Guide To Using The Search Button!

Using the Search Button is an easy and fast way to search for answers that YOU! Yes, you the public want. Tired of seeing duplicate threads? Tired of seeing post after post regarding the same subject? I know I am folks, so here it is. MrIdontKnow's magically wonderful guide to using the Search Button!

Step 1: Basics

Find a word that would describe what you're looking for, lets pick and easy one shall we? We want to find out about the Inventory but don't know where to look. Type in "Inventory" without the comma's in the Search Button at the top right and click Enter, This is the page you will get.

"Oh no, there is one thread called NPC Regular Behaviour and that's the only thing I can see so ill have to make a new thread asking about inventory handling" This is what I actually think people do. Anyway, there's many ways you can search directly for things.

Step 2: Search Options

See just below the Search Button drop down menu where it says "Search Titles Only"?, well that means that it will only search titles only, it won't go through every single post, track down the word Inventory and return it back to you. Only threads with Inventory in the title will be returned to you!

I want to search for threads posted by the genius MrIdontKnow, so what do I do? Well, if you see where it says "Posted by Members:" there's a small box underneath that you can type members names in. But when search for posts made by two members, separate names with a comma. I.E. MrIdontKnow, The Hedge Knight,

Oh, My, Days, have you seen that feature where you can click the box, and a date calendar comes up allowing you to search threads made on that day onwards to the present day? BM must really be spoiling us, I mean if I wanted to find a post made last week, I could just click Monday 10th. And using the search options we've just learnt, we can look for a thread/post created by Madoc that's been created in the last week. You don't need a dev tracker when you have the most intelligence piece of equipment ever. A brain.

So I'm done for now, have fun reading, and get using that noggin, cause' if you don't you'll get cobwebs up there.

Joe Moore

Insider
Nicely done!

Some editorial comments:
  • Those aren't commas that enclose the word Inventory in your example. They are quotation marks! :)
  • I found it confusing that the text describing the graphic you used to be after the graphic, i.e. the section describing the calendar. I feel it would be better to read the description, then see the image. Otherwise, I'm looking at an image, but I'm not sure why it's important.
Just my .02 worth. Thanks for doing this!

BigT2themax

Insider
I notice I show up three times saying the word inventory. Maybe I say inventory a bit too much?

Anyways, that's pretty neat, I haven't actually used the search bar at all, and I didn't even know you could search stuff like that. I guess I'll add it to my inventory of useful knowledge about stuff. :D

... Inventory.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
Nicely done!

Some editorial comments:
  • Those aren't commas that enclose the word Inventory in your example. They are quotation marks! :)
  • I found it confusing that the text describing the graphic you used to be after the graphic, i.e. the section describing the calendar. I feel it would be better to read the description, then see the image. Otherwise, I'm looking at an image, but I'm not sure why it's important.
Just my .02 worth. Thanks for doing this!
Oh shut up, you gramatical fool.

<3

Komuflage

Insider
Instructions Weren't Clear Enough, I got my dick caught in a Ceiling Fan.
I don't know if the English language got a similar expression, but in my country we say "SBS"
Which should be "SBW" or "SBL" in English.
It means, Shit Behind the Wheels or Shit Behind the Lever. :p

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.