industry proffesionals eager to contribute

Urliam

Insider
Hi There,

I just came here from your kickstarter page. Fantastic work. Three is no question that no classic RPG to date supports the kind of features you are offering, and the engine you have created is clearly ideal for fast creation of beautiful massive landscapes in short periods of time.

It is also clear that you intend on focusing with Dark\Mddeival Gothic themes with mid-low fantasy elements to maintain focus on deep and realistic characters and less on power-rushing which, in my opinion, is a very mature and interesting approach. Also Fun.

In other words, your game has got me excited about it's potential, and i'd be very happy to contribute of my free time to the creative process. I'm a game designer experienced in creating and writing quests, plotlines and lore as well as Level design in 3d engine worlds and such.

I'm also doing my best to spread the word among our gaming and game-producing local community and i'm sure plenty of highly professional and classic RPG loving members would also be happy to contribute in anything you might need. In fact, I have a 2D artist sitting beside me drooling over the landscape textures. He's not going to shut up about this until he sees more.

At any rate, I wish you the very best of luck, me and my collegues at the studio have just contributed 50 euros to your cause. Hope to hear more great news soon.

Madoc

Project Lead
Hi Urliam,

Thanks for you compliments and support, always nice to hear :).

I'm glad that you like the direction of our game. We are definitely keen on getting some help with developing our game, it would be great if we can get a few more people on board that understand the style of it, also people with specific skills that are not amongst our strongest.

Currently we're very much taken with running our Kickstarter project and trying to promote it but we will take this into serious consideration once it's quieted down and we can focus our efforts on development again. Please contact us at [email protected] to discuss this further at any time.

Thanks,
Madoc

Humblerbee

Insider
I would love to offer you my overactive and but sadly underused imagination for any ideas on quests and story line :D
It's good you are enthusiastic, but I think that the plot is something Madoc has fully realized, and from what I've gathered they have no plans to incorporate any sort of traditional quest system. Welcome to the forums though, it's always nice to see a fresh face!

Trust me mate in over 20 years of gaming ive seen hundreds of thousands of quests, and i know how they SHOULD be done :p and im very sure misster Madoc would not mind reading some ideas to hear what other people have to say, as long as they are polite.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
Trust me mate in over 20 years of gaming ive seen hundreds of thousands of quests, and i know how they SHOULD be done :p and im very sure misster Madoc would not mind reading some ideas to hear what other people have to say, as long as they are polite.
You are right, they will love to see the enthusiasm of their members, but don't get mad if they don't reply or don't include your suggestions, but hopefully they will release some tools that will allow your imagination to blossom into something more practical.

hredthel

Insider
You are right, they will love to see the enthusiasm of their members, but don't get mad if they don't reply or don't include your suggestions, but hopefully they will release some tools that will allow your imagination to blossom into something more practical.
If I have a chance to use the Sui Generis mod tools someday, I'll shit the best looking, tessellated pile of bricks the world has ever seen.

Madoc

Project Lead
It's very difficult for someone external to develop story for our world at this point. Our "lore" is very complex and convoluted, it takes severeal hours of conversation just to give someone a rough overview of it. We went through this with potential writers and it proved very difficult. The systems that drive events dynamically are also really complex, you can't just tell a story.

hredthel

Insider
It's very difficult for someone external to develop story for our world at this point. Our "lore" is very complex and convoluted, it takes severeal hours of conversation just to give someone a rough overview of it. We went through this with potential writers and it proved very difficult. The systems that drive events dynamically are also really complex, you can't just tell a story.
With a smaller (than conventional) world with more detail: it's going to be amazing having quests and stories affect one another. The whole easter egg-ish "hey this has to do with that random generated quest i did that one day" style never really hits home for me. Knowing that my next quest choice could really f- up my day later is such a cool challenge. Dynamic events ftw.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.