Thoughts and Ideas General

My suggestion is 100% serious. It would add some much-needed difficulty and element of surprise to the arena battles.
>Starts game for first time
>get through a few fights
>suddenly bullshit random ogre busts through wall
>ragequit this game sucks

You want people to think this?

MrApophos

I see the logic in this. But I also like the Ogre idea.

I'm kinda hoping that there will be new/other creature enemies - perhaps some that don't even have arms to attack with. Imagine, fantasy "bullfighting" with a creature that charges and uses it's head for attacking...

Kaladin

Well, replace "suddenly ogres" with literally anything else that is already a game feature. "suddenly death and no save games", "suddenly a pit in the floor", "suddenly no light" etc etc etc.

A certain kind of gamer is already going to ragequit the fuck out of this game due to its nature. The point of this game is not to pander to that kind of audience. I just think that "suddenly ogres" would be a really fun thing to experience for someone who enjoys this game, and it fits into the nature of Exanima in my opinion.

MrApophos

Simple solution - limit random ogre to expert+ ranks? It'd be great to see a skirmish interrupted by beasts - which enemy is priority then?

Arena mode has almost unlimited potential for awesomeness and absolute craziness. I don't think arena even needs to be 'lore friendly' as such, just expand and expand until there is so many options for different kinds of fights, and you've a game on it's own right there. Modding can make this game huge. As it stands, I feel we're all a very small and tight-knit community... since hardly anybody even realises this game exists (but I'm trying to change that!)

Kaladin

Tell me one thing in the arena mode that is suddenly anything.

The arena is a controlled environment where skill trumps all. It's "competitive" and as such random events or other such things should be kept to the lowest degree
Outdoor arenas and suddenly your character ragdolls to the floor when you get to the edges.

MrApophos

Unsure if this has already been suggested, but I'd like to see leather helmets for Novice tier and above. Even a simple reskin and tweaked stats of existing helmets would be absolutley fine. Seems to make sense to me, to bridge the gap between 'caps' and full plate helmets. Thoughts?

Syllabear3

My suggestion is 100% serious. It would add some much-needed difficulty and element of surprise to the arena battles.
No, you havent understand me: chances are to low, 20% would be more accurate.
0.05% chance is the one when it starts raining golems (we would have a way to resuply our crystal needs in explore mode).

Kaladin

No, you havent understand me: chances are to low, 20% would be more accurate.
0.05% chance is the one when it starts raining golems (we would have a way to resuply our crystal needs in explore mode).
I don't understand still though. Do you like the suggestion or would you rather not have it? I'm mostly talking about arena mode of course

Espadon

Forgive me, if it was already (read 45 pages of the forum is really above my strength) But I propose to do asymmetric armor. The ability to wear only the left or right shoulder or glove to unload the hand in which you have a sword and make it more mobile.
Or to protect only that foot on which you sit down at attacks. You could also add a button that would allow you to instantly reset the torch that you are holding in your hand to your feet. Now, if you are attacked in the dark, and you want to change weapons, but do not deprive yourself of the light source, you have to quit the battle mode, go into inventory, reset the torch, close inventory, enter combat mode, and only after that Change weapons. I suggest replacing all this with one button. It will be quite realistic. Also, today I read a remark by one of my compatriots that it is much easier to kill enemies in a crowd than by being alone because of their intelligence (stupidity). They accidentally kill each other, and the player can only deal with the last wounded opponent. That guy suggested that you do so that at the same time you are attacked by no more than 2-3 opponents (and one of them would always try to come to you behind your back, that is, enemies would be located at 180 or 60 degrees from each other. Similarly, if the opponents more than 2, it is better to make sure that they use vertical or stabbing attacks more often, and horizontal ones would be used only after making sure of the security of their allies), and the rest would surround you and stand nearby to prevent you from escaping, or to replace the killed allies . And they would attack you only if you come close enough. Of course, for ordinary zombies this is too smart tactics, but if you intend to add more intelligent and disciplined opponents, then this may be useful to you. Sorry for the errors, I hope you understand. Translated by Google translator.

Roryn

Insider
I really like the idea of a "drop weapon button". I've needed to drop that mildly irritating light source at least a few times.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.