What's taking so long?

Crosse

Hi I realize some poeple are very aggressive towards the devs, Im not here to be like that, if they are still working in the game I support them but I do want confirmation, they are still working on it right? it has been a long time since an update and I realize things must be complicated, its fine really but I do want to know that progress is being made as a fan of the game

Tony

Insider
Hi I realize some poeple are very aggressive towards the devs, Im not here to be like that, if they are still working in the game I support them but I do want confirmation, they are still working on it right? it has been a long time since an update and I realize things must be complicated, its fine really but I do want to know that progress is being made as a fan of the game
Yep, the things in the OP of this thread are what they've been working on recently.

Fanzeo

I don't think it's the right discussion for playing devil's advocate either. People state their honest concerns and would like to be treated seriously, and not get drowned in arguments for either side, made just for the heck of it. Wasting time with addressing artificial opinions is just frustrating and makes matters worse.

Anyway, time for me to shut up.
Clearly there's no denying that the community has different expectations and levels of involvement concerning Baremettles games. I don't think playing devil's advocate is generating artificial opinions, but rather acknowledging that the argument isn't one sided. It's not diminishing the fact that people are expressing how they feel, but rather tempering it with understanding that Baremettle has formed a style of development that suits their needs. Understanding both sides can allow the community to monitor its expectations. I'm not discouraging people of expressing their perceived concerns, just encouraging them to understand the factors at play.

My own expectation is to give them space and find a pace that creates quality. I'm not demanding quicker content, only suggesting steadier communication. I'm treating this development like I'm observing someone's hobby turned passion. I realize it takes time, and I'd rather they dont rush it for the sake of arbitrary deadlines.

Anyways that's my two cents.

Last edited:

Roryn

Insider
...I don't think people are bothered so much by the lack of updates but more by the lack of formalized reasons given by the developers...
Well, I think people would be pretty happy if they released an update every one, two or three months -- something regular in any case (I'm not actually suggesting that they do this). You're on to something, though -- I'd say it's more of a case of that one or the other would keep people happy. Regular updates would keep people happy, or regular communication would keep people happy. If you have neither, that's when some people could become bothered. However, this only really seems to be an issue for people who don't know about BM's dedication.

Personally, I don't care for progress updates (I can pick up things here and there on the discord forums anyway, which I frequently lurk) and I've heard it everywhere that when devs are quiet, they're busiest. The only people who seem to complain are the initiates, or the non-involved community members, and they complain because they're concerned, which they have a good reason to be -- they don't know about the game's progress. If I didn't know how the game was going, I'd be worried too.

Obviously, not everyone fits into this category. For the people that complain not because they're concerned, or not because they're excited to know what's happening with the game (maybe they complain because they think they're entitled (not including KS backers (I am NOT opening that can of worms)), or for weird and arbitrary reasons)... well, their state of mind is ludicrous. As has been mentioned many times before, toxicity doesn't help anyone. Frankly, this whole thread has become ludicrous!

while were on the "toxin" topic, can we make a new public forum and literally just name it "TOXINS"? it could be a good experiment.

sometimes people just want a place to vent, even while they realize that they are being unreasonable.

ThornEel

Check again after a few more months if there was some news
See nothing on Steam
See no new Announcement post
See no new Update & Release Notes
... Nope, looks like they've given up.

Years passing by, updates taking forever, all that is not that uncommon. Some people will accept it and wait, others will despair or simply go away. That is to be expected.

But seriously, communicating on the Steam FORUMS exclusively, without even copy-pasting it on some of the more official places where people checking on updates will actually look, that is a rather spectacular mistake.
If I didn't have too much spare time and not enough motivation for doing other things today while simultaneously remembering that it's been a long time to check, I would have simply assumed there was no word from the team at all in months.
Which is generally a sign that said team is no longer active.
Which is probably the conclusion most of the people stopping by to check will draw.

tl;dr: why the f*ck isn't this in the Announcement or Update category?

Scifer

I wonder if that dead girl trapped in the locked room would be a companion in the future.

This wait is killing me!

Avramovic

Supporter
Did someone say toxicity? :p

In all seriousness, I've curbed down my expectations from BM long time ago. Exanima showcases phenomenal potential, even when it's frustrating and unintuitive at times, but I've read over and over again that people would give their left ball to tinker in BM's game engine - even in toxic, unforgiving places like RPG Codex, and that's saying something.

What I *would* love to see is more progress that's made in Sui Generis implemented in Exanima. In other words, I want to fling a godamn fireball already, god damn it... or at least shoot a bow. A tiny bow, at least?... please?

Zoltan

Supporter
Hi,

It makes me sad that only a few guys are still breathing life in this forum, it's like someone desperately doing CPR on a body long gone.

As you can see, unfortunately I have no hope anymore of seeing an update, I really enjoyed playing Exanima so many things done right, I really wished it to continue at the same pace than before, but with nothing new since February I can only conclude the worst.

If only it was not a trend in early access video games.

Bye guys

Roryn

Insider
"...Oh no..."
Let me tell you that all it is is that we've run out of things to talk about! It'll be more active when the update comes. It's always that way.

I'm surprised by you, however. I thought you'd have trawled these forums enough to know that they always deliver. No need to conclude the worst o_O

Midcal9

Hi,

It makes me sad that only a few guys are still breathing life in this forum, it's like someone desperately doing CPR on a body long gone.

As you can see, unfortunately I have no hope anymore of seeing an update, I really enjoyed playing Exanima so many things done right, I really wished it to continue at the same pace than before, but with nothing new since February I can only conclude the worst.

If only it was not a trend in early access video games.

Bye guys
Don't give up yet my fellow forumtie because the worst is yet to come! We shall weather the storm and then finally receive our long awaited prize! Have faith in Madoc Lannister!

Seriously, why the fuck (can I say fuck on this forum?) have you givin up? It's not like you have to do anything in order to wait. You just sit tight and watch, if this forum will go down or the devs will announce that they need a few more years cuz of X, Y and Z then it will be over. For now it seems to me like they actually might be working on this game.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.