What's taking so long?

Sgt. Floris

Why people still believe in this game and support the devs is beyond me. I guess some people are just too naive to know any better.

Why people still believe in this game and support the devs is beyond me. I guess some people are just too naive to know any better.
Well is there a reason not to?

Everyone's going on and on like their trust has been betrayed but they've clearly gotten their money's worth one way or another.

People still play games made by Valve, and we all know how those games are totally being developed...

Roryn

Insider
Hey just let him come back when they update. He already looks foolish, but maybe then he'll realise how foolish he looks.

gugand

I backed the game so there is no reason to stop checking the game developement status. It is a long time since last update and i enjoyed the game for 100 hours. Updates are welcome, whenever developer will release them.

P0P218

*looks at wristwatch*
"Looks like it's worth the wait."
*Whistles*

I doubt baremettle would waste our or their time with anything stupid that is not worth all this time and effort. CLEARLY they are working on really big and important things and once they release it will be clear why it is taking so long

Last edited:

El Maco

Insider
Negative attitude is a choice, and not a healthy one I might add.

The team is working as fast as they possibly can to bring the new content to us. I'm sure nobody wants progress to be made more than Bare Mettle themselves. I think that's what matters. They are not focusing on PR or marketing at the moment, and therefore their communication is scarce and they are not actively trying to generate hype etc. This does not mean the game is dead. (Madoc does't strike me as a person who likes to build hype in the first place, so it will be interesting to see how they choose to handle the marketing once the game is closer to completion.)

gumshoe

*looks at wristwatch*
"Looks like it's worth the wait."
*Whistles*

I doubt baremettle would waste our or their time with anything stupid that is not worth all this time and effort. CLEARLY they are working on really big and important things and once they release it will be clear why it is taking so long
Don't set your expectations too crazy high now :p. From what I understand a lot of the heavy work BM are doing is core tech and AI so content wise might not appear to add up completely, though the work is there.

Also, BM are spamming us with feedback compared to another game I backed a while ago: Ghost Song

Zoltan

Supporter
Let me tell you that all it is is that we've run out of things to talk about! It'll be more active when the update comes. It's always that way.

I'm surprised by you, however. I thought you'd have trawled these forums enough to know that they always deliver. No need to conclude the worst o_O
I agree on that, I ran out of things to say for some time already. I silently came here regularly to seek something to put under my teeth and with no communication from Madoc on the progress my state of mind drifted slowly not to a "when" but a "if"

At what point did you give up on HL2: ep3?
I only played HL2, no episodes, in fact I didn't knew before you mentioned it, wasn't even waiting for a sequel.
(I can't help but notice that you didn't give up on that nightmarish signature:confused:)

Don't give up yet my fellow forumtie because the worst is yet to come! We shall weather the storm and then finally receive our long awaited prize! Have faith in Madoc Lannister!
*roll on morale d6 dice -6 for each month of wait : failed*

Seriously, why the fuck (can I say fuck on this forum?) have you givin up? It's not like you have to do anything in order to wait. You just sit tight and watch, if this forum will go down or the devs will announce that they need a few more years cuz of X, Y and Z then it will be over. For now it seems to me like they actually might be working on this game.
There could be kids here watch you language:D
I must say waiting is doing something, and waiting for anything you really want for long is tiring in the end, that's why I came less and less often, now if something come i will be glad but I have set my mind to not wait

Some people have simply more patience/faith than others

Tony

Insider
I agree on that, I ran out of things to say for some time already. I silently came here regularly to seek something to put under my teeth and with no communication from Madoc on the progress my state of mind drifted slowly not to a "when" but a "if"
Interesting you say this in a thread which is a direct quote of Madoc giving an update on progress. He also recently posted the same info contained in this thread in the announcements section HERE to make it more visible (and added some screenshots as well). Do you believe Madoc is lying about making progress on the game and that it'll never be released?

Zoltan

Supporter
Interesting you say this in a thread which is a direct quote of Madoc giving an update on progress. He also recently posted the same info contained in this thread in the announcements section HERE to make it more visible (and added some screenshots as well). Do you believe Madoc is lying about making progress on the game and that it'll never be released?
You are right it is communication, but it's so few so late, as Madoc acknowledge it's not something he is used to do on a regular basis, and even that one you point out don't give me much idea of the progress on it, just what they are working on.

If there was some sort of Trello I could see the task at hand and the progress made on them, the screenshots are not helping much in that matter.

I dont know if he is lying or not, how would I know ?

Midcal9

You are right it is communication, but it's so few so late, as Madoc acknowledge it's not something he is used to do on a regular basis, and even that one you point out don't give me much idea of the progress on it, just what they are working on.

If there was some sort of Trello I could see the task at hand and the progress made on them, the screenshots are not helping much in that matter.

I dont know if he is lying or not, how would I know ?
Yeahh he's lying to us, ahaha. Imagine him sitting all drunk and stoned at PC and telling us that he's working on the game. "Yeahh just a few more month kiddos, *evil laugh*"

Marc

Insider
I've been browsing these forums since the games kickstarter, and though I haven't posted on here in years, I've continued to follow the game's progress loosely in that time. There seems to be a lot of newer members since the game launched on early access and they might not be used to how this dev team handles communication and updates. In short, they do things on their own time. There have been multiple instances in this games development history where we've gone without updates or even any form of communication for a lot longer than this I reckon, from 6 months to 1 year almost. Seeing a new post by Madoc or any other dev was like seeing the light at the long end of a tunnel.

Yes, there was a lot of frustration at first, and the team was never the best at communication, but that's just how they do things and to give them fair credit they have improved considerably in that time. This isn't a game to receive weekly or even monthly updates like some early access titles, especially considering it's ambition and it's attempts to do things that have never been done before.

To put it into some perspective the last build I played was pre early access.
By that point the initial dungeon had been expanded to 3 floors and ended with the blue portal.
I know they've since added many cool things that I can't wait to try out, and the upcoming update may finally bring thaumaturgy and npcs to the game. I mean wow! These are things that have been discussed, brainstormed and theorycrafted for so many years on these boards back when no one knew if the game would still be in development many years later or if we'd ever get to see an end result, and to get to experience them possibly before the end of the year feels just unreal, 5 years on and no other game still even comes close to attempting what Sui Generis does.

So just give the developers some time and patience, this is how they often operate and to call this project dead or a failure because there hasn't been an update in some time is ignoring this game's entire development history since it's kickstarter. If you're the type of person that hits F5 constantly hoping for updates, don't do that to yourself, you'll just end up bitter and jaded when it comes to this game. I'm just trying to further some understanding; periods of drought between communication/updates have been very common before, and most likely will be again whenever the time comes for planned features for Sui Generis to be implemented in Exanima.

El Maco

Insider
The best source of information these days is the BM discord. (Discord even has a web client so you don't have to install anything to visit if you're so inclined.)

The latest word about the patch is that the AI -- while not feature complete -- is in a working state and heading out to beta testers very soon. Madoc is currently moving content over to new systems and updating some file formats. This doesn't sound like a gigantic task to me, so this time the patch might actually drop soon.

The new patch will contain remastered first levels and one human NPC. You won't be able to talk with him/her yet but dialogue will follow soon after.

I assume he will write a news update once everything is working as intended.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.