What's taking so long?

gumshoe

True, however, if you know that the dev team consists out of 5 persons and they want to create a game the size of Skyrim within 2 years then you need to learn a lesson.
This is completely wrong. First it makes the assumption people are somewhat experienced with how game development works and second it takes responsibility away from the devs in setting a release date.

People need to stop putting release dates on Kickstarter that are not realistic. This is the cause of the discontent (particularly as people pay for that expectation) , not that they're not patient.

Exanima is clearly a good product and worth the continued wait, but there's no sign of Sui Generis yet and I'd be pretty pissed too if I'd backed Kickstarter and expected actual delivery before now.

Using an old 'what if' here, but if I had lots of time for games at expected release, but then had none when it eventually arrives, I'd also be not happy (especially if Sui Generis turns out as well as it looks)!

Midcal9

This is completely wrong. First it makes the assumption people are somewhat experienced with how game development works and second it takes responsibility away from the devs in setting a release date.

People need to stop putting release dates on Kickstarter that are not realistic. This is the cause of the discontent (particularly as people pay for that expectation) , not that they're not patient.

Exanima is clearly a good product and worth the continued wait, but there's no sign of Sui Generis yet and I'd be pretty pissed too if I'd backed Kickstarter and expected actual delivery before now.

Using an old 'what if' here, but if I had lots of time for games at expected release, but then had none when it eventually arrives, I'd also be not happy (especially if Sui Generis turns out as well as it looks)!
Back in the day when I was in my early 20s everyone knew that Skyrim dev team was 80-100 men strong and it took them 4 years to finish the whole thing. By the way, Skyrim was mediocre to the bone, followed cliched pat with cliched, non existent retard style gameplay and copy pasted castles and dungeons.

Which is why I choose to believe they will complete sui generis but actually know better than that. Five persons is not enough to complete a game of that size, at least normally speaking.

Last edited:

Solinarius

Back in the day when I was in my early 20s everyone knew that Skyrim dev team was 80-100 men strong and it took them 4 years to finish the whole thing. By the way, Skyrim was mediocre to the bone, followed cliched pat with cliched, non existent retard style gameplay and copy pasted castles and dungeons.

Which is why I choose to believe they will complete sui generis but actually know better than that. Five persons is not enough to complete a game of that size, at least normally speaking.
Didn't they intend to release it piecemeal, though; one section of the island at a time?

You should join the Discord. It's more fun to discuss there!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.